Leeds Utd Ban Sky Sports - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leeds Utd Ban Sky Sports

That seems pretty decent.

Shows you how these figures can be warped, as the price is quoted as £42 about 3 posts earlier.

It's because the game is against MK Dons which I imagine will be low category, their "standard" ticket price for today is still £32 according to their website. From what I hear from Leeds supporters at work most of them largely feel priced out of watching them.

There's also the issue of away ticket prices which is what p1sses me off most. From memory last few years the cheapest away ticket available for us (a Category A game) was over £40.

It's because the game is against MK Dons which I imagine will be low category, their "standard" ticket price for today is still £32 according to their website. From what I hear from Leeds supporters at work most of them largely feel priced out of watching them.

There's also the issue of away ticket prices which is what p1sses me off most. From memory last few years the cheapest away ticket available for us (a Category A game) was over £40.

My price is through some club that bro in law is member of for peanuts a year. £55 for 2 adults and an 8 year old is what we've paid today for the (imo) best place to sit. Good value.

Every time things look like they're settling down he has to do something to upset the apple cart.

An attention seeking lunatic who can't bear to be out of the limelight.

The local rivalry bit of me loves every minute of it, but in fairness to the vast majority of Leeds fans I think what the club needs is to find owners that prioritise stability & reconnecting with fans over trying to find a fastrack to the EPL. A stable Leeds probably would be perennial Championship challengers & almost certainly get promoted sooner or later, but a series of owners just don't seem to get that.

The local rivalry bit of me loves every minute of it, but in fairness to the vast majority of Leeds fans I think what the club needs is to find owners that prioritise stability & reconnecting with fans over trying to find a fastrack to the EPL. A stable Leeds probably would be perennial Championship challengers & almost certainly get promoted sooner or later, but a series of owners just don't seem to get that.

It would take a fair investment though. £250m roughly I reckon would buy the club and 'sort' it out.

The fact they don't own the ground nor training facilities can't help prospective buyers I'd have thought and it's an ageing stadium.

It would take a fair investment though. £250m roughly I reckon would buy the club and 'sort' it out.

The fact they don't own the ground nor training facilities can't help prospective buyers I'd have thought and it's an ageing stadium.

I don't know the ins & outs but I imagine that figure isn't far off.

I think what doesn't help Leeds is this oft-quoted view of the EPL somehow 'needing' them & the big club mentality. A lot of Leeds fans I know do seem to cling to that particular view (delusion?) & in my, obviously somewhat biased opinion, it creates a culture which is all about being a big club rather than accepting where they are & rebuilding. I remember the unbounded joy on local radio phone-ins of Leeds fans celebrating Cellino winning his original appeal to be allowed to take them over. Every non-Leeds fan I knew could see it was a car crash in the making, but the overwhelming view of their own supporters was that they were headed straight back "where they belong".

I know I have a 50-year raging hatred bias to contend with, but there are umpteen examples around them of similar sized clubs showing how to do a steady, incremental rebuild.

I think what doesn't help Leeds is this oft-quoted view of the EPL somehow 'needing' them & the big club mentality. A lot of Leeds fans I know do seem to cling to that particular view (delusion?) & in my, obviously somewhat biased opinion, it creates a culture which is all about being a big club rather than accepting where they are & rebuilding. I remember the unbounded joy on local radio phone-ins of Leeds fans celebrating Cellino winning his original appeal to be allowed to take them over. Every non-Leeds fan I knew could see it was a car crash in the making, but the overwhelming view of their own supporters was that they were headed straight back "where they belong".

I know I have a 50-year raging hatred bias to contend with, but there are umpteen examples around them of similar sized clubs showing how to do a steady, incremental rebuild.

That is at odds to the Leeds guys I know. They know the huge potential that is there but they also know the club is a mess from top to bottom and it would take a fair amount to get them back to where they have been in the past.

For what it is worth I do think that they could be a 'big' player in Football. One team City in the 3rd largest populated city in UK with many towns within close proximity that either have no team or very poor ones suggests to me that attendance wise they could do extremely well. Obviously there's more to a good club than that but ran well and invested in wisely I do believe they could succeed.

Investment in the team is sorely needed if Saturday is anything to go by. Some good young players in the team but many of whom will likely go either in January or at the end of the season. They played some nice possession football but nothing at all in the final 3rd and when Irwin is one of your striking options you know there isn't much to get you goals. The OG was comical. Heed like a 50p.

That is at odds to the Leeds guys I know. They know the huge potential that is there but they also know the club is a mess from top to bottom and it would take a fair amount to get them back to where they have been in the past.

For what it is worth I do think that they could be a 'big' player in Football. One team City in the 3rd largest populated city in UK with many towns within close proximity that either have no team or very poor ones suggests to me that attendance wise they could do extremely well. Obviously there's more to a good club than that but ran well and invested in wisely I do believe they could succeed.

Investment in the team is sorely needed if Saturday is anything to go by. Some good young players in the team but many of whom will likely go either in January or at the end of the season. They played some nice possession football but nothing at all in the final 3rd and when Irwin is one of your striking options you know there isn't much to get you goals. The OG was comical. Heed like a 50p.

Well it pains me to admit it but I accept that they have the potential to be a top 10 EPL side. The attitude thing is interesting. My employer's head office is in Leeds & I spend a lot of time there, so I am surrounded by folk who like to wind me up at every opportunity (& HTFC rarely fail to serve up the opportunities), but what I notice is that whilst they admit the club is a mess, it's all based around that idea, not around a wish for stability even if that costs them a decade more out of the top flight.

I think that is just seeing clubs with a much smaller fan base doing well.

There's very few supporters that think we have a chance of going up this season as we're far too inconsistent. There has been an improvement with Steve Evans as before him we were consistently rubbish.

Cellino managed to fool some supporters but it's very much the minority now because of the problems he causes. Most of us would be delighted if the Football League banned him now but we can't rely on them to do the right thing with Shaun Harvey at the helm.