Stirling - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stirling

Goozay

Depends what type boozer you like - new Brewdog just opened in Baker Street, opposite is No 2 Baker Street more of a traditional type pub or there's Corn Exchange or City Walls later serves decent pub food. For good food try Brea (cple doors down from Brewdog) or Hermanns (up by Castle) or there are a few Indian restaurants but I'd recommend the Maharaja in King street or there's a new Chinese / Japanese fusion restaurant in Port Street (ate there last night). Iif there's any places want to ask about msg me.

Hope you enjoy. If you go down Friar Street (side of No 2 Baker Street) at bottom, on opposite side of road, there's the Cold Beer Company. Bit like a Wotherspoons and has good selection of beers. If you like Irish pubs Molly Malones is off to left of Cold Beer Co as you look at it - may have some live music on.

Is that Morrisons sporran? Is quite good in there. Quite a few screens for the football and LOADS of draught beers to choose from.

Maharaja is very good, but I would rate Green Gate even higher for Indian grub. Superb in there.

Smiling Jacks (Mexican) is decent enough for what you pay, burgers in particular are excellent.

Would agree about City Walls. It's nothing fancy at all but does the job and is very cheap.

How did you rate the fusion place? Been meaning to try it.

Yip - Cold Beer Company / Morrison's one in same place. Not been to Green Gate but have heard from few people that its really good.

Fusion place was pretty good - really enjoyed food and reasonable prices. We were in early evening & was very quiet - only other people in were Chinese so I take that as a good sign! Regent down Craigs also a good Chinese restaurant but I always think better value at lunch than evening.

Stirling served us well.

Went to City Walls for a couple of pints and dinner. Nothing spectacular as mentioned but decent pub fare (Balmoral Chicken, Scampi, Burgers).

Wandered up Baker Street. Stuck our head into The Claymore but thought better of it before getting settled in Nicky-Tam's Bar and Bothy for a few digestifs.