January Transfer News - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

Not sure if you've noticed, but the season is still going. It might be better to wait for a free couple of months to carry out some of the infrastructure repairs such as, oh I don't know, the summer? In any event, it's quite a large undertaking so any repairs would be phased, such as the tarting up of the turnstiles which has happened in the last couple of months and the drainage works adjacent to the John Greig statue which has been similarly upgraded.

And the stadium isn't "broken" in any event.

Sounds like its all happening in the summer! New signings galore, multi million pound repairs to the infrastructure et al.

I look forward to it.

We'll see how it plays out Wolfy and your faith may well be justified but I have my doubts is all.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you see, when someone makes a claim that work has been done, I'd expect them to be able to tell me what work has been done. Otherwise they look like they're talking shite.

Or you could read Wolfys post above and see some examples of what's been done so far. And realise I wasn't talking shite. :ok:

Or you could read Wolfys post above and see some examples of what's been done so far. And realise I wasn't talking shite. :ok:

Can you read? I never said you were talking shite. I said that saying something, then saying "I dunno" when asked for more information about it makes it look like you are talking shite. :ok:

Deary me, you really are quite the simpleton.

Can you read? I never said you were talking shite. I said that saying something, then saying "I dunno" when asked for more information about it makes it look like you are talking shite. :ok:

Deary me, you really are quite the simpleton.

My comment was not predicated on the assumption you had stated I was talking shite.

Try reading it without being so defensive and you'll see that.

Cheers for the personal abuse though. Makes me feel loved when you notice me. :lol:

Is there any January transfer news?

Aye. Some fat Finnish fandan is trying to unsettle Stevie Lawless ahead of two games against his side.

Abdul Osman wants to stay at Thistle and I'd be surprised if he went to Inverness or Motherwell.

Aye. Some fat Finnish fandan is trying to unsettle Stevie Lawless ahead of two games against his side.

Abdul Osman wants to stay at Thistle and I'd be surprised if he went to Inverness or Motherwell.

Ha ha. I think you want Erskine Back asap though don't you so rumours of a swap in the window.

Not sure if you've noticed, but the season is still going. It might be better to wait for a free couple of months to carry out some of the infrastructure repairs such as, oh I don't know, the summer? In any event, it's quite a large undertaking so any repairs would be phased, such as the tarting up of the turnstiles which has happened in the last couple of months and the drainage works adjacent to the John Greig statue which has been similarly upgraded.

And the stadium isn't "broken" in any event.

The wifi has been discontinued because it was rubbish. It's not so much "not working" as "removed from use". You criticise away though. It's like criticising someone for their gas central heating not working when they have electric.

Did you honestly expect King to spend millions to get us out of the Championship? Seriously.

You also need to take heed of Fairbairn's points rather than simply dismiss them because it doesn't suit your agenda re King. If you are so entrenched with your views, you need to try and listen to the other side's opinions and make an informed judgement. You, however, choose to bang on with the same boring rhetoric despite being presented with other information which may be more pertinent. It's somewhat narrow minded. And dull. By f^ck, it's dull.

Ha ha very good Wolfy and in the spirit of not practising what you preach you have completely ignored my last point. Basically that king set himself up for this sort of ridicule with the pish constantly spouts. But you go ahead and lap up every word. Dull Wolfy, very dull.

Ha ha very good Wolfy and in the spirit of not practising what you preach you have completely ignored my last point. Basically that king set himself up for this sort of ridicule with the pish constantly spouts. But you go ahead and lap up every word. Dull Wolfy, very dull.

Lap up every word? Does that sound like me at all?

Not usually Wolfy but don't ridicule me for refusing to accept the party line.

k

Apologies, I didn't intend to ridicule you. All i meant was that King put no timescale on his investment and already differences are being made, both on and off the park. Some renovations have been made to the stadium, he has employed a seemingly hood manager, we have a decent team on the park (having spent nearly a million getting them in) and he seems happy, willing and with the wherewithal to go toe-to-toe with Ashley in the courts.

I take your point about him being a "glib and shameless liar" in the past and we are wary of him still, but you keep bringing up questions on investment when few Rangers fans have a problem with things at present. That's what makes some, myself included, respond with some confusion.

We've had enough shite over the last few years. We're relatively content just now so when you raise pretty minor points for criticism that we, ourselves, aren't even questioning, it can be a bit frustrating.

k

Apologies, I didn't intend to ridicule you. All i meant was that King put no timescale on his investment and already differences are being made, both on and off the park. Some renovations have been made to the stadium, he has employed a seemingly hood manager, we have a decent team on the park (having spent nearly a million getting them in) and he seems happy, willing and with the wherewithal to go toe-to-toe with Ashley in the courts.

I take your point about him being a "glib and shameless liar" in the past and we are wary of him still, but you keep bringing up questions on investment when few Rangers fans have a problem with things at present. That's what makes some, myself included, respond with some confusion.

We've had enough shite over the last few years. We're relatively content just now so when you raise pretty minor points for criticism that we, ourselves, aren't even questioning, it can be a bit frustrating.

Ok and points taken. I think there are a lot of people involved with you club just now trying to do good stuff and sort it out. I reserve judgement on king. I may be wrong.

I don't know about that as I haven't seen him but Fulham fans I know reckon he's an exciting talent.

As for us being well covered in that area, we have the inconsistent GMS, sicknote Forrest and Boerrigter. If he's not better than those I'll be disappointed!

I don't know about that as I haven't seen him but Fulham fans I know reckon he's an exciting talent.

As for us being well covered in that area, we have the inconsistent GMS, sicknote Forrest and Boerrigter. If he's not better than those I'll be disappointed!

Well they did spend 12 or 14 million on him, so you have to expect some kind of quality for that sort of fee.

I've never seen him or even heard of him before Celtics interest.

We'll soon see if the fuss was worth it.

Ha ha. I think you want Erskine Back asap though don't you so rumours of a swap in the window.

Have read that on other forums and it makes logical sense for Dundee United.

Makes no sense for Thistle. Keep Lawless until summer at least and get Erskine back - which doesn't benefit our relegation rivals one little bit.

Can't see Mixu playing Erskine unless it's an emergency.