January Transfer News - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodwillie used to be the saviour and got pish.

Jack used to be the saviour and got pish.

The Aberdeen fans don't really know their arse from their elbows when it comes to spotting a decent player.

Or maybe I'm too harsh on the Sheep and these players are coached into becoming shite.

Now that is funny. Insert thumb up smiley thing. Edited by SMcoolJ

We've finally started playing Storie. We also have shinnie, Jack (in 1 month), smith, McLean and Pawlett.

We don't need another in that position.

I agree to an extent. I do think that we would benefit from the option of real physical presence in the middle of the park, but don't see that we need the attributes that Cowie would bring. Really happy that Storie is getting a start, I'd be nervous about the prospect of him and McLean lining up in the middle against Celtic.

Is he better than Arfield?

Completely different type of player. Arfield more of a goal threat but has very poor ball retention and positional discipline. I don't think his game is suited to international football due to this.

Jack on the other hand, at his best, never wastes a pass and always makes himself available to receive the ball. Reminds me of Barry Ferguson.

I'd say Jack is far more talented than Arfield. I'm sure you'll disagree though.

Haha aye, I remember you all being so relaxed and flippant about it. I mean, look how un-dramatic you are being just now.

'probably' deserves a call up. Yes that's exactly what was said :)

I am being "un-dramatic", I never mentioned 50 caps, Scotland Captain or Real Madrid?

Completely different type of player. Arfield more of a goal threat but has very poor ball retention and positional discipline. I don't think his game is suited to international football due to this.

Jack on the other hand, at his best, never wastes a pass and always makes himself available to receive the ball. Reminds me of Barry Ferguson.

I'd say Jack is far more talented than Arfield. I'm sure you'll disagree though.

:lol:

Couldn't agree personal terms apparently. Strange one as you'd have thought the prospect of premier league would have been more appealing than scrapping it out with Blackburn again.

prob an agent doing the chat tho......

Hope he gets it sorted