January Transfer News - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

Eh ?

If ICT didn't want to sell Tansey to Aberdeen, there's not much we can do about it.

What were meant to do, twist their arm by offering them a £million ??

We're not fücking stupid. We're not Sevco.

Haud the bus. "Sevco" can be accused of many, many things but flinging money at transfers is most definitely not one of them!!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevco is the "new" club. We tend to offer 2 bob and a tangerine as transfer fees. If you'd said Rangers you might have had a point........!

Did you not just pay half a million to St Johnstone for a player ?

On the whole January transfers are best avoided. I read yesterday that the top six sides in the English Championship spent more than the top six in the EPL. For most of those clubs that will be money very badly spent, even allowing for the staggering sums involved in the new TV deal next season. Same goes for clubs at the bottom of the EPL, most of whom will have wasted a lot of money in the past few days. In Scotland I can't see what would be achieved for most SPL clubs in spending in January. If Deila can't win the league from here with the squad he had, and a 6 point start, he deserves sacking. Both Aberdeen and Hearts already have squads capable of finishing above the rest, although St Johnstone and Ross County fans may disagree. In the Championship Hibs look to have signed wisely, while Rangers have kept it relatively low key (for them) and their signings look sensible. Hearts have been busy, but with money coming in for Sow, and 4 other players off the wage bill, and a promising young player brought in, I think Levein and Neilson have done well. Gomis can earn himself a move, and King will get game time at a lower level; don't think Souttar cost much, and I'm told he is a promising young player.

Edited by Pool Q

I assume you know what a buy out clause is,aye?

If it only takes £200k to activate it,you don't offer £300k,that would be just about be as ridiculous as your post.

If you activated the buy out clause we wouldn't be having this discussion. Who's being ridiculous now? Without any proof you are suggesting Inverness have plainly ignored the contract with their player. While I don't know what happened either, I would suggest it's less likely to be a case of Inverness ignoring the clause in the contract than Aberdeen simply not offering enough for the player.

Eh ?

If ICT didn't want to sell Tansey to Aberdeen, there's not much we can do about it.

What were meant to do, twist their arm by offering them a £million ??

We're not fücking stupid. We're not Sevco.

That's how transfers work. It's a deal negotiated by both clubs. If the buying club doesn't offer enough, the selling club won't accept the offer. So it is aberdeens fault they didn't sign the player. It doesn't mean they didn't act reasonably or properly value the player, but there is no one else to blame.

If you activated the buy out clause we wouldn't be having this discussion. Who's being ridiculous now? Without any proof you are suggesting Inverness have plainly ignored the contract with their player. While I don't know what happened either, I would suggest it's less likely to be a case of Inverness ignoring the clause in the contract than Aberdeen simply not offering enough for the player.

That's how transfers work. It's a deal negotiated by both clubs. If the buying club doesn't offer enough, the selling club won't accept the offer. So it is aberdeens fault they didn't sign the player. It doesn't mean they didn't act reasonably or properly value the player, but there is no one else to blame.

You've admitted that you don't have a clue what went on, but you keep on using the words 'fault' and 'blame' in connection with Aberdeen.

Your 'reasoning', makes absolutely no sense I'm afraid.

You've admitted that you don't have a clue what went on, but you keep on using the words 'fault' and 'blame' in connection with Aberdeen.

Your 'reasoning', makes absolutely no sense I'm afraid.

You're the one who first said you didn't understand why people were saying it was aberdeens "fault".

Unless Inverness breached their contract with their player, which I doubt, it can't be anyone else's "fault" than aberdeens, just like every other transfer that doesn't happen (assuming the player agrees). The reason it didn't happen (again barring a breach of contract by Inverness) is because Aberdeen didn't persuade Inverness to sell the player. Just like it was Rangers fault that Scott Allen didn't sign for them.

You're the one who first said you didn't understand why people were saying it was aberdeens "fault".

Unless Inverness breached their contract with their player, which I doubt, it can't be anyone else's "fault" than aberdeens, just like every other transfer that doesn't happen (assuming the player agrees). The reason it didn't happen (again barring a breach of contract by Inverness) is because Aberdeen didn't persuade Inverness to sell the player. Just like it was Rangers fault that Scott Allen didn't sign for them.

Hard to argue with your bizarre, twisted logic.

So I won't.

Aberdeen activated the buy out clause but ICT thought the wording was ambiguous so they told them to feck off.

Tansey is rumoured to be speaking to an employment lawyer. If true, I would suggest that goes some way towards answering the question over fault apportionment. As it stands - nobody outside the negotiation really knows, so attempting to appotion fault is fairly pointless. My gut feel however.........!

For not being very good.

Fair enough. Not seen enough of him. Just remember an overhead goal for Dundee United, penalty against Spain for Scotland and stunning right hook in Queen Street, Glasgow outside Ocho about 3am.

For not being very good.

Fair enough. Not seen enough of him. Just remember an overhead goal for Dundee United, penalty against Spain for Scotland and stunning right hook in Queen Street, Glasgow outside Ocho about 3am.

I thought one of the funniest things I'd heard was Jim McIntyre describing how Goodwillie had matured and developed as a player.

Aye, that's why he's gone from £2m+ transfers, the EPL and scoring against Spain to being on loan to Ross County in three and a half years. It's cos he's matured and developed as a player - of course!

He used to be good. And his link up and hold up play still is.

He's just lost the ability to score goals. He never even looks like scoring.

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/1717-fans-update-on-greg-tansey

This seems to suggest either a release clause was never met or that Tansey didn't want to go.

As has been said all along, there was never an obligation for Tansey to leave or for ICT to agree to their player being sold.

Aberdeen made a bid, rejected, player stays where he is. That's fine.

The previous suggestions that AFC acted unprofessionally or were somehow at fault for something have been proven to be a pile of pish.

Let's all move on.

As has been said all along, there was never an obligation for Tansey to leave or for ICT to agree to their player being sold.

Aberdeen made a bid, rejected, player stays where he is. That's fine.

The previous suggestions that AFC acted unprofessionally or were somehow at fault for something have been proven to be a pile of pish.

Let's all move on.

ABERDEEN manager Derek McInnes would welcome an investigation by football authorities into their failed attempts to sign Inverness midfielder Greg Tansey.

McInnes is baffled by Caley Thistle's refusal to allow Tansey permission to speak to the Dons, who believe they triggered a clause in his contract by submitting a £200,000 bid.

Aberdeen now go into their crucial match against Ladbrokes Premiership leaders Celtic having failed to secure cover for injured midfielders Ryan Jack and Willo Flood.

"There has to be some sort of guidance as to how these things can be resolved quickly," McInnes said.