Quitting The Drink. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Quitting The Drink.

I couldnt give up drink, although I rarely drink.

Being a big fanny, I cant drink lager or beer, so its cider, vodka or wine for me. I actually prefer Diet Irn Bru or Coke Zero, but the thought of being sober when surrounded by drunk people is enough to make me drink.

I have a cupboard full of wine and spirits, well a couple of cupboards to be honest, but they will just sit there untouched.

the thought of being sober when surrounded by drunk people is enough to make me drink.

I hated that at first when i stopped drinking but it doesn`t bother me at all now. Saying that, it`s not that often i`m surrounded by drunk people.

Why do you all do this every January. Same old good intentions that never materialise. I don't bother kidding myself on.

:lol:

Completely agree.

I have mitigating circumstances, wife is expecting, and due early March, so I'm considering myself on standby for that. So it's not for any January detox.

Need to save about £1500 before maternity pay kicks in too!

:shocked:

I normally make a point of eating and drinking more in January.

:P

That Scotland has a real problem with drink is undeniable, speak to anyone who works in the NHS or just go for a wander around any city centre late on a Friday night and you will see that. I applaud the efforts of the Scottish government to do something about the easy accessibility of cheap alcohol from the supermarkets, although the drinks industry will fight that one all the way. What gets lost though is that most people can enjoy a drink, without it becoming a problem. The new recommendations are going to specify at least two alcohol free days a week, and for the majority that has never been a problem, even those who enjoy wine with a meal a few times a week. A nice wine with food is one of life's real pleasures, and a pint or four around the football is something I would certainly miss - give me that ahead of the organised, desperate 'look at me having fun' shite that is Hogmanay.

You coming up for freindly vs Serbia if it goes ahead ?

PS happy new year to you and yours

Not sure Bri, thinking of stashing my cash for a few months. I'd like to tie in a Hibs match at the same time. Could be one game at Easter Road and then straight across town to Tynecastle if rumours are correct.

Happy New year to you as well!

J

I'd like to tie in a Hibs match at the same time. Could be one game at Easter Road and then straight across town to Tynecastle if rumours are correct.

J

If they are both 3 o'clock kick offs (unless anyone's heard different) it'll be half an hour or so at Easter Road then taxi it to Asbestos Dome for the second half

I have been off the sauce now for two weeks, first time I have quit in my life. No saying Im an alky , I love booze. just wanted to see how long I could last. New Years Eve now, and I think im fecked. Whats the longest you have ever gone off the drink when you tried to quit..

There are some folk on this board struggling with this illness, and you come on with pish like this. FFS

Deedee. Reading your post. I do not have a problem with alcoholism. I merely said I was going to quit the drink for the first time in my life. I have gone off the sauce before, but never tried to pack it in as I did want to try. I love a good swallie, does not mean I have a drinking problem mate. Cheers pal :ok:

Ive been good since the turn of the year. New years day snd the second as it was my bday. Friday there as a late bday dinner with the gf but didnt drink loads. And going out thurs afternoon for lunch and a few. Uppong the exercise and feeling more energetic. Stopping the couple of drinks in the house after work etc stuff.