Your Club Highlights 2015 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Club Highlights 2015

Swapping the hapless Andy Barrowman for Ross Forbes with Dunfermline in the January window;

Coming back from 0-1 down against Ayr in injury time to beat them 2-1, the afore mentioned Forbes scoring the winner;

Going to Dunfermline and completing a clean sweep over them with a 4-0 rout the following week;

Another late comeback, this time from 0-2 down with 12 minutes to go and 1-2 down with 3 minutes to go to beat Stenhousemuir;

The Declan McManus show in the penultimate game of the season at Stranraer when only a win would do;

Winning La Decima the following week;

Handing it to Motherwell in the League Cup and watching their fans lose the plot;

Alex Samuel's last minute equaliser at St. Mirren;

Taking the lead at Ibrox and becoming the only team so far to take any points from that bin;

McManus re-signing on Hogmanny.

One of the better years to support Morton, especially after the absolute disaster that 2014 was- hopefully 2016 starts with smashing the derby hoodoo.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's one particular highlight for the Dons, remaining at the right end of the league is great and we have to enjoy it while it lasts.

My local side Fraserburgh picked up another trophy this year and they got to play Falkirk in the Scottish cup too. The Falkirk tie was reward for beating local rivals Turriff Utd 3-2 courtesy of a Darren Mackie own goal.

Edited by vanderark14

Rejika away was undoubtedly the best result we, or any Scottish team in fact, have had in Europe for quite some time.

The 3-1 victory at Tynecastle was probably the highlight for me domestically. An outstanding performance. Hopefully we can start off 2016 with a similar result and performance next week.

Definitely Aberdeens 3-0 win in Rijeka for me as I was lucky enough to be there!

I just remember the heat through the day (38*) and thinking there's no way we're getting a result here tonight.

Although it was backs to the wall stuff to start with after the water break we played out of our skin!

Winning 1-0 would've been a famous victory but 3-0 has got to be one of the best results for a Scottish team in Europe!

Will never forget that night. Never felt more pride in my team than that night... The Croatian fans even applauded us after the game aswell

Just a pity we got knocked oot in the next round haha

Definitely Aberdeens 3-0 win in Rijeka for me as I was lucky enough to be there!

I just remember the heat through the day (38*) and thinking there's no way we're getting a result here tonight.

Although it was backs to the wall stuff to start with after the water break we played out of our skin!

Winning 1-0 would've been a famous victory but 3-0 has got to be one of the best results for a Scottish team in Europe!

Will never forget that night. Never felt more pride in my team than that night... The Croatian fans even applauded us after the game aswell

behave best result for a Scottish team in Europe

behave best result for a Scottish team in Europe

Try reading the whole post...

I'm not sure beating a Croatian side who most likely weren't even in the Yugoslav top league can compare with wins over Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Roma, Juventus, SV Hamburg, Borussia Moenchengladbach, PSV Eindhoven, Dynamo Moscow, Anderlecht, Liverpool, Leeds Utd - I could go on all day.

It was good result by modern standards, sure, but let's not get carried away.

Again one of the best results in Europe, it shows how far standards have slipped when this is getting put up there with some of the real great European nights that Scottish teams have had

I'm not sure beating a Croatian side who most likely weren't even in the Yugoslav top league can compare with wins over Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Roma, Juventus, SV Hamburg, Borussia Moenchengladbach, PSV Eindhoven, Dynamo Moscow, Anderlecht, Liverpool, Leeds Utd - I could go on all day.

It was good result by modern standards, sure, but let's not get carried away.

It's a topic that says 'name the highlight of the season'.

It's all about opinion, and if we all wanted to we could pick holes in every single post on here.

Rijeka away....given the fact that they performed well in Europe the season before and had an excellent home European record....was undoubtedly one of the best Scottish European performances in many a year.

Nobodies getting carried away, and I think it's obvious what the poster meant. You'll always get some small minded people jumping all over these things though.

Nobody's getting carried away except Byron.

Its kinda weird that Aberdeen fans have replaced Celtic fans as being the most sensitive. Anyone mentions anything remotely negative about the glorious reds and loads of them kick off, its comical. Aberdeen are miles ahead of the likes of Hamilton one week, but a few bad results later and they are doing brilliantly to be where they are, its quite bizarre.

Keeping the thread kinda on topic, my club highlight of the year was Hogmanay, crap year to be a DFC fan, despite finishing top 6, we were shyte, and this season has continued being shyte.

Its kinda weird that Aberdeen fans have replaced Celtic fans as being the most sensitive. Anyone mentions anything remotely negative about the glorious reds and loads of them kick off, its comical. Aberdeen are miles ahead of the likes of Hamilton one week, but a few bad results later and they are doing brilliantly to be where they are, its quite bizarre.

I corrected the mis-quote from a few posts up, and pointed out that this thread is simply about opinion, not fact. It's a kindness to educate the ignorant.

Other than that I don't give a fück, so continue with your wee rant :ok:

Edited by Rossy

I corrected the mis-quote from a few posts up, and pointed out that this thread is simply about opinion, not fact. It's a kindness to educate the ignorant.

Other than that I don't give a fück, so continue with your wee rant :ok:

Its a gift to tolerate the arrogant, which is severely tested at times.

When I posted my opinion, that was the end of my rant. Always happy to help. :ok: