2016 Tamb Running Thread - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2016 Tamb Running Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good stuff! I signed up for the Fraserburgh Half today - it just opened for entries the other day.

It's  in November so unlikely to be too hot... Have got Crathes next month (which was swelteringly hot last year) and a couple of 10ks before it. Would like to get under 2 hours in one or other of the halfs.

Edited by neilser
Sp

I was looking at Fraserburgh but it clashes with Brodie 10k which I really enjoyed last year so not sure which one to go for. Fancy Crathes too but it is just after we come back from Malta and not sure I could face that wake up call  :blink: Doing the River Ness 10k - Inverness is buzzing that weekend with the Marathon the main event. In need a 10k PB for the clean sweep this year.

12 minutes ago, neilser said:

Good stuff! I signed up for the Fraserburgh Half today - it just opened for entries the other day.

It's  in November so unlikely to be too hot... Have got Crathes next month (which was swelteringly hot last year) and a couple of 10ks before it. Would like to get under 2 hours in one or other of the halfs.

Don't take your base layer this time Neil...

57 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Don't take your base layer this time Neil...

:lol: Will never forget that moment when it dawned on me that I'd be lucky to last for 30 mins with what I was wearing - that race t-shirt was a life saver. It's still one of my favourites.

34 minutes ago, neilser said:

The Hatton 10k on Sun 28th August still has a few places going - only £10 to enter and the medal looks decent.

https://m.facebook.com/hatton10kmrun/

Am also doing the Middleton Trust 10k at Ellon on Sun 11 September.

I've had the entry form for that sitting in an envelope on my desk for about 3 months now.

Why would a race not have online entry in 2016?!!

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

I've had the entry form for that sitting in an envelope on my desk for about 3 months now.

Why would a race not have online entry in 2016?!!

I know - it felt a bit weird tearing off the bottom bit of the form, writing out a cheque, finding an envelope and a stamp and posting it all off. Looks like it'll be good though and they were quick to acknowledge that they'd got my entry on their Facebook page.

On 16 August 2016 at 9:33 PM, neilser said:

What the feck is going on at Strava? Some clown has persuaded them that grey font on a white background is somehow preferable to white font on a black background. Looks horrible and is very hard to read...

They are trying to convince us it is easier to read. I have news for them - it ####in isn't!!

• 3 weeks later...

Done my 1st Ultra on Sunday on Tiree. Really enjoyed it despite not having done much training for it, managed to get to the finish. Definitely would recommend it for folk who like doing them. Furthest I had ran before was 15mile leg of The Fling relay in April.

18 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

Done my 1st Ultra on Sunday on Tiree. Really enjoyed it despite not having done much training for it, managed to get to the finish. Definitely would recommend it for folk who like doing them. Furthest I had ran before was 15mile leg of The Fling relay in April.

Well done - Are you planning on the full Fling next year?

On 7 September 2016 at 1:41 AM, neilser said:

Middleton Trust Ellon 10k for me on Sunday ahead of the Crathes half marathon the week after.

I saw in Monday's P&J that the people behind the Great North Run are bringing a similar half marathon event to Aberdeen...

Also bringing a marathon to Stirling in May.

Edited by McToot

17 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

Just now I'm more thinking towards my 1st marathon, quite fancy Stirling next May. See they've changed the entry criteria for The Fling.

yes but the criteria is not overly demanding though if your planning a 53m off road ultra - just common sense although having said that I'd not have qualified for my first never having raced longer than 18m!