Lanarkshire Derby Thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lanarkshire Derby Thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going as a neutral (the missus supports the 'Well but my late grandfather was an Accies man) so hoping for a good game with plenty of goals and no singing of that infernal Beatles song...

Regardless of the result, I'm on the bevvy so a good day should be on the cards.

Got to fancy Motherwell based on form, but I'm haunted by the memory of last new year at NDP. Fortunately our home record against accies is a bit better.

Having taken until December to score 2 goals in a game, we're scoring 2-3 goals every game now. Accies scoring goals but leaking them too!

Guaranteed 0-0.

:lol:

I'm going as a neutral (the missus supports the 'Well but my late grandfather was an Accies man) so hoping for a good game with plenty of goals and no singing of that infernal Beatles song...

Regardless of the result, I'm on the bevvy so a good day should be on the cards.

Shake it up baby!....

This one?

It was Iain and a lot of the older fans still feel that way.

I wasn't too bothered about it for a long while but after the hammerings and the fact that most of the fans of Hamilton are wee baw bags I get all Kevin Keegan about this game and enjoy seeing accies lose

My late grandfather was also an Accies man. Moved to Motherwell from Hamilton. He would walk via Dalziel Estate to Douglas Park, fair old trek. When his four sons asked him if they could come along he'd reply with 'you were born in Motherwell so you should support your home team'. Now I like to think he was a principled man, he could however just have wanted to go to the pub before the game.

Is this game classed as a proper derby among the fans? Were Airdrie not Motherwell's derby game?

Airdrie away back in the day was the lanarkshire derby and was a poisonous atmosophere. You could easily get beaten up on way to ground away to airdrie.

Accies i like to think of more a more "freindly " rivalry. Like a jealous wee sibling.

Don't mind seeing accies doing well as long as it's not at the expense of motherwell. Airdrie on the other hand can GTF. They even beat up a priests car that had a motherwell sticker on it.

Crazy

Edited by Robroysboy

###### yer well played.

Should have put them to away.

But they never.

Another great day for the bookies. I would have put my mortgage on motherwell to win today. Glad I don't bet anymore.

Still got two games in hand Tannadice and fir hill. Hoping to win at least one of those and we are still pushing for top 6.