Making A Murderer - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Making A Murderer

It does seem a stretch that the set up went to this level! That the police would actually murder and burn a young lassie, but if it was just an opportunist act to set him up, the timing really was fortunate to say the least!

Just when their necks are on the chopping block, a young lassie turns up dead, last seen at Averys house having had a documented meeting with him....

That doesn't really add up either, it seems far too coincidental.

It leaves 3 possibilities I can see.

1. Avery did do it, but probably not how they said he did.

2. Another member of the Avery family did it.

3. The police arranged it all (although maybe didn't actually "do it")

Having seen the way they operate, I can't easily disregard option 3, but in all honesty option 1 seems the most likely.

I suppose there's a 4th possibility, that someone else did it and framed Avery.

I don't think the police did it. But they certainly planted evidence.

I reckon:

• Policeman 1 phoned in the car plate after coming across it somewhere and worked with Policeman 2 to plant it on the Avery property.
  • The 2 police also planted the key
  • The 2 police planted the blood evidence from the vial in the car

Avery is clearly a dodgy fukker and he may well have done the murder, but I reckon the police capitalised on the missing lassie and they planted the evidence.

The car evidence is suspect

The blood evidence is suspect

The car key is suspect.

If all that stuff was planted by the police as appears evident, and you ignore it, there isn't enough evidence to convict them beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Tadych and Bobby Dassey looked like the most likely to me. Each giving the other an alibi with their "hunting trip" and both in the vicinity of Theresa hallbach when she was last seen.

We have just finished, and said this too. Tadych also spoke of being delighted at the verdicts didn't he?

I notice the the two defence lawyers were on the news 'rubishing' recent criticism of the documentary. Ill need to do a bit of reading and see what else is out there. Purposely been avoiding it until I had watched it through.

It just seems incredible that there were so MANY contradictions in the evidence. Investigating officers, caught bang to rights lying and such like.

Will be interesting to see how it all develops anyway.

I've just started listening to a podcast called "Serial" which like MAM is a true crime story about a young boy convicted of a murder with not a lot of evidence. The murder was committed in 1999 and the podcast created in 2015 so at the point the boy has already served about 14 years in prison. All of this is revealed early in the first episode so not really a spoiler. I've just finished the first episode and it's already got my attention. I wasn't sure how the format would work on a podcast as opposed to a TV show but it's definitely worth checking out.

I've just started listening to a podcast called "Serial" which like MAM is a true crime story about a young boy convicted of a murder with not a lot of evidence. The murder was committed in 1999 and the podcast created in 2015 so at the point the boy has already served about 14 years in prison. All of this is revealed early in the first episode so not really a spoiler. I've just finished the first episode and it's already got my attention. I wasn't sure how the format would work on a podcast as opposed to a TV show but it's definitely worth checking out.

Serial is brilliant! You'll be hooked soon!

Adnan's story was very intriguing. I won't say more and spoil anything.

It's now on to series 2, where they're examining Bowe Bergdahl's desertion from the US army & subsequent capture by the Taliban. It's also kinda in real time, as Bergdahl has recently been court marshalled.

Serial is brilliant! You'll be hooked soon!

Adnan's story was very intriguing. I won't say more and spoil anything.

It's now on to series 2, where they're examining Bowe Bergdahl's desertion from the US army & subsequent capture by the Taliban. It's also kinda in real time, as Bergdahl has recently been court marshalled.

I had been surprised there hadn't been a new one, but suppose it takes time to make that sort of thing.

Serial is good! I do a lot of driving for work so rattled through it quite quickly. (In fact, I heard about it a few weeks in, but had caught up and had to wait a week each for the last few.)

A lot of comparisons were drawn between the 2 earlier in the thread.

My spare key is in a vase in the living room, I dont think many people would keep their spare key on them, unless of course they have lost their main key.

The whole key thing stinks, I still think he killed her, but theres no evidence he did, and he certainly shouldnt be in jail.

Just about finished watching this - totally baffled like everyone else. my gut tells he didn't do it - Avery is probably a bad bugger and has probably pissed off to many folk hence the stich up (and the small matter of a 30 odd million payout due from the state)

Re the key wasnt it "found" after 3 days with none of Halbachs DNA?

My spare key is in a vase in the living room, I dont think many people would keep their spare key on them, unless of course they have lost their main key.

The whole key thing stinks, I still think he killed her, but theres no evidence he did, and he certainly shouldnt be in jail.

A wee bit contradictory

But i get what you are saying...

There's a new documentary on next Saturday night on the documentary channel ID at 10pm. Says it's going to show stuff not covered in 'Making a Murderer' and includes one-on-one interviews with people like Kratz. Saw a trailer which shows Kratz saying 'Avery targeted Halbach' so he hasn't changed his tune.

There's a new documentary on next Saturday night on the documentary channel ID at 10pm. Says it's going to show stuff not covered in 'Making a Murderer' and includes one-on-one interviews with people like Kratz. Saw a trailer which shows Kratz saying 'Avery targeted Halbach' so he hasn't changed his tune.

cheers for the heads up. I've set the Sky+ for this :)

I personally think there is certain police and that idiot kratz who are corrupt as feck.How they can even come to the verdict for avery with the evidence available is a joke.I still have 2 episodes to watch so dont say any more :-))

I watched the other 2 episodes and still cant get my head round the fact that they 2 were found guilty of murder without any dna evidence.It was dna that got avery out of jail after 18 years but it wasnt needed to prove his guilt this time round.An absolute joke conviction.If they had done the murder why try to get rid of the body outside his hoose when theres 1000s of miles of forest etc round about them.Why was the lassies car key found in averys hoose 6 days after it had been checked was it at least twice with nothing found.All of a sudden the key appears with averys dna on it but not hers.Why did Brendan Dafty admit to being involved in her killing when he wasnt.I have never seen anything like it. :blink::blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Seen it for the first time early last night, stayed up till late morning watching all the episodes!

Possible theories;

How about suicide on the part of the deceased?

The police find her with her brains blown out, say in a random field so many yards from her car and decide to frame Avery for murder. They have a deceased, a body and a guy that is causing them major pain at this time.....

Police execution?

For all those thinking the police wouldn't have killed her that assumption is most likely based on the deceased being an innocent, law abiding citizen, with no beef with anyone but what if she wasn't so innocent and law abiding, what if she had a beef with police, or one for their family members, what if she had information that could lead to outrage or charges for a police officer or  what if she was having an affair with someone in law Inforcement? You see what simply threatening a police officer's wife led to for Steven Avery, you can imagine what it could lead to for others....

1 hour ago, McExpat said:

Seen it for the first time early last night, stayed up till late morning watching all the episodes!

Possible theories;

How about suicide on the part of the deceased?

The police find her with her brains blown out, say in a random field so many yards from her car and decide to frame Avery for murder. They have a deceased, a body and a guy that is causing them major pain at this time.....

There is a video from the deceased where she talks of dying. The lack of evidence in the bedroom for me was the one thing I couldnt get my head round.  Also the deceaseds brother and ex boyfriend concern me.  the ex boyfriend knew the deceaseds password to access her voicemail and erased the messages..  It was his search party that led to finding the car in the Avery scrapyard.

Avery had a crusher, why did he not crush the car and hide it amongst the scrap?