Aberdeen, What Went Wrong Up There - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen, What Went Wrong Up There

Pretty sure you could find 18 people in most places who would vote for him so don't think it is something that is "wrong up here" Maybe more something wrong with the Community Council system??

I worked in Scottish local govt in the 90s, the community councils back then were not considered remotely important, basically just in the main were well meaning types who arranged galas, done raffles to help good causes etc but nothing that was in any way serious. technically democratic but nobody got polling cards as it wasn't an official election etc. unless that has changed this is a complete non story

I wanted to reply in a different manner but I'll stick to protocol

I was brought up in Garthdee in the sixties and seventies leaving in the early eighties to get married in my time there I can remember at least one gay,4 chinese ,a pakistani, an australian,a canadian,a jamacian ,a malaysian, and Mr Tortolano with his ice cream van,and some guffs....

I wanted to reply in a different manner but I'll stick to protocol

I was brought up in Garthdee in the sixties and seventies leaving in the early eighties to get married in my time there I can remember at least one gay,4 chinese ,a pakistani, an australian,a canadian,a jamacian ,a malaysian, and Mr Tortolano with his ice cream van,and some guffs....

It's nae changed much then

It's nae changed much then

well,.... I now know there was another gay who was always buying the young loons who were playing football across the grass from his hoose ice creams from RS mcolls...

and mt tortolano is deid

and the chinese takeaway has closed but an indian opened up (different place)