Parking At Train Stations Near Liverpool - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking At Train Stations Near Liverpool

Parklife

I'm looking at driving to Liverpool in a few weeks and staying a couple of nights. However, I know parking in Liverpool is at a premium and very expensive. Are there any train stations on the outskirts with ample amounts of free parking?

Or can anyone recommend the best way to park and get in to town. Overall, I'll be in town about 48 hrs. Is it worth paying the £40ish parking cost of a city centre location?

I've left my car in Crosby (I've got a mate who lives there so just left it in his street - by that I just mean on the public highway, not on his driveway - it was unmolested when I returned) and it's only 20 minutes from Waterloo station into Liverpool Central. Waterloo is a pleasant area (Jamie Carragher lives there), so it's not like leaving your car in Toxteth!

Edited by Charlie Endell

I've left my car in Crosby (I've got a mate who lives there so just left it in his street - by that I just mean on the public highway, not on his driveway - it was unmolested when I returned) and it's only 20 minutes from Waterloo station into Liverpool Central. Waterloo is a pleasant area (Jamie Carragher lives there), so it's not like leaving your car in Toxteth!

Sounds the kind of place I'm after! Is the parking unrestricted? What street did you park in?

Many thanks!

Yip, parking is unrestricted - Sandheys Terrace, Waterloo (parking is to the rear of the terrace - the front directly overlooks Crosby Beach) - if you have a look on Streetview you'll see you wouldn't be parking directly in front of anyone's gate or driveway (parking on the east side of the street) - I'm always wary of that in case I'm unlucky enough to park in front of some bellend's house who thinks that when he bought his gaff the piece of public road directly outside came with it.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Yip, parking is unrestricted - Sandheys Terrace, Waterloo (parking is to the rear of the terrace - the front directly overlooks Crosby Beach) - if you have a look on Streetview you'll see you wouldn't be parking directly in front of anyone's gate or driveway (parking on the east side of the street) - I'm always wary of that in case I'm unlucky enough to park in front of some bellend's house who thinks that when he bought his gaff the piece of public road directly outside came with it.

Top man. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Park at echo arena in Albert Dock

It's 10 quid for 24 hrs

Thanks. The hotel I've booked actually has a deal with the local NCP. Guests get 24 hours parking for £8.

Cheers guys.