Younger / New Faces For March Friendlies ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Younger / New Faces For March Friendlies ?

MikeyGC

So now the SFA have confirmed the 2 friendlies in March, Czech Republic away (24th) and Denmark at home (29th), which I would you like to see included in the squad and who do you think should be given game time? Personally I'd like to see Jordan Rhodes and Chris Martin given more of an opportunity to prove themselves useful upfront. Would love to see Robert Snodgrass introduced back into the squad too, was a brilliant addition to the squad when fit and playing. Dare I say Kieran Tierney?? Looked comfortable for Celtic in defence when playing on the European Stage and has featured in Scotland's U18/19's. Ryan Guald also another youngster we could bring in for experience? However have no idea how he's getting on over at Sporting Lisbon / how much game time he's getting.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Hibs tinted glasses on:

Cummings & McGinn

I think the big question will be who the striker(s) in the next campaign will be, so I would like to see some experimentation in that area. S.Fletcher and Naismith current situations are not looking too healthy.

Pity Harper at Brighton hasn't broke through. Think he'll now have to wait for 2020 campaign.

Also had hopes for Scott Allan, but don't think he'll get a look in either now.

Be good to see Snodgrass back, I suppose Tierney and Paterson as full backs have a shout, not sure if it's too soon for them.

Is Harper back from injury and featuring for Brighton yet?

Harper is fit but he's not been starting, Jamie Murphy might be worth a look.

Harper is fit but he's not been starting, Jamie Murphy might be worth a look.

If Harper has been fit for a few weeks and still isn't troubling the Brighton bench even, then he's clearly not the player we were hoping for.

That's not to say it means he's shite, just that he's clearly not the "Real Madrid wonder kid" we had been led to believe.

If Harper has been fit for a few weeks and still isn't troubling the Brighton bench even, then he's clearly not the player we were hoping for.

That's not to say it means he's shite, just that he's clearly not the "Real Madrid wonder kid" we had been led to believe.

He's just started playing - and scoring - for their under 21s.

He missed pre-season, so patience required. I don't think he is a wonder kid but he's got a chance.

He's just started playing - and scoring - for their under 21s.

Absolutely. He's getting game for Brighton U21s. That's great for him but he's clearly nothing special so all I'm saying is that the whole Real Madrid thing was a bit misleading.

Even guys like Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney (who in my opinion were just very good players - not superstars) had two top class seasons under their belts by the time they were Jack's age. Just sayin....

100%. I've seen him 3 times recently and he's been very tidy indeed.

Why not?

Because he's not good enough for a pretty awful Sunderland team?

He's up against the likes of Fletcher, Brown, McArthur and Morrison for a starting position and I just don't think he's good enough to get in. I think I'd rather we tried Jack. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't think Bridcutt is worth bringing in.

I'll give you Cooper but that is only because our centre-back options are awful.

Tierney, Paterson, Gauld, Watt & Armstrong all in please.

Give Rhodes, Griffiths, Russell etc a good run also.

Greer and others don't need inclusion - If we need them as a lst minute stop gap they are there, they are a wasted place with the intent of these friendlies now stated.

Absolutely. He's getting game for Brighton U21s. That's great for him but he's clearly nothing special so all I'm saying is that the whole Real Madrid thing was a bit misleading.

Even guys like Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney (who in my opinion were just very good players - not superstars) had two top class seasons under their belts by the time they were Jack's age. Just sayin....

I have seen Harper many times and I think he is very Special. He has Got 2 very good feet, great passing ability with both feet, great vision to see a pass, scores goals, makes intelligent runs for someone so young, he is strong and works hard. But most importantly he has a fantastic attitude and willingness to learn from what I've seen and heard about him.

Real Madrid tried to keep him and had high hopes for him so I don't see how that's misleading.

I have a feeling that if he stays fit, has a good pre season then he will be a big player for Brighton next season.

Because he's not good enough for a pretty awful Sunderland team?

He's up against the likes of Fletcher, Brown, McArthur and Morrison for a starting position and I just don't think he's good enough to get in. I think I'd rather we tried Jack. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't think Bridcutt is worth bringing in.

I'll give you Cooper but that is only because our centre-back options are awful.

I'll give you he struggled to get a game at Sunderland but their selections are hardly inspiring.

He's got age on his side, has been playing well, retains possesion, has bite and in my opinion is worth at least a look at.

Jack? I'd rather not. He's not exactly tearing up the turf in an inferior quality league.

I'll give you he struggled to get a game at Sunderland but their selections are hardly inspiring.

He's got age on his side, has been playing well, retains possesion, has bite and in my opinion is worth at least a look at.

Jack? I'd rather not. He's not exactly tearing up the turf in an inferior quality league.

You could be right. I've not seen him play for a few months but I'm never inspired when players drop down a league and suddenly start looking good. It doesn't mean it's the right view to take.

You are probably right about Jack as his form hasn't been great. I do rate him though.

I guess I'd rather see the likes of Fraser, Gauld, McGinn and Allan get a chance as they really do have age on their side.