Younger / New Faces For March Friendlies ? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Younger / New Faces For March Friendlies ?

MikeyGC

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Barrie McKay will play for Scotland within 2 years.

He better improve a lot by then.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Tierney ? Forrest ? Patterson ? Cooper ? 

You're taking the pish, right ? What in God's name have any of the above done to deserve a call up ?

Tierney having a great season, forrest is shite, the other two more to see what they can do with our lack of options. This is when we need ti experiment a bit.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Add Gordon, Christie, McGinn and Henderson to that list.

Gordon's been useless this season, Christie doesn't play football (but is one for the future), and McGinn and Henderson playing OK against Alloa and Dumbarton in no way means they deserve a call up.

Mcginn looks a player but probably does need to step up first.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tierney looks very good.  I can't think of a better left-back (other than Robertson who will be in the other squad).

Forrest is a player I rate.  I know I'm in a minority but that doesn't bother me on here.

Patterson and Cooper are there because we don't really have any other options in those positions.  It says more about our lack of options rather their their quality.  When the two squads are amalgamated again for the Italy and France games, they would be gone - unless they impressed in their game next month.  

Shinnie is a better left-back than both Robertson and Tierney.  He plays a few games in midfield and is suddenly invalidated from being considered at left-back for the national team.  FFS.

You're top of the class for formatting starting XIs and favourable opinions towards Celtic-minded players but bottom of the class when it comes to judging a player.

Edited by Chesney Hawkes TA

17 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

You're top of the class for formatting starting XIs and favourable opinions towards Celtic-minded players but bottom of the class when it comes to judging a player.

:lol: 

Let me be the first to throw Andy Halliday's hat into the ring. You heard it here first: Andy. Halliday.

And, by the way, I'm serious. I have a lot of man love for Mr Halliday's abilities. Too early for a call-up under normal circumstances but when you're basically farting about with some friendlies for a bit of a laugh at the end of the season, I don't see why not.

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Let me be the first to throw Andy Halliday's hat into the ring. You heard it here first: Andy. Halliday.

And, by the way, I'm serious. I have a lot of man love for Mr Halliday's abilities. Too early for a call-up under normal circumstances but when you're basically farting about with some friendlies for a bit of a laugh at the end of the season, I don't see why not.

I also support Rangers. He is not good enough for our national team, possibly not even SPL standard to be honest.

Fully disagree.

12 hours ago, aaid said:

You do know he played for three seasons in the SPL before joining Hibs.

Yeah but wouldnt say he stood out as much. Looks a better player now and hopefully he can keep that form next year (if hibs manage to go up)

24 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I also support Rangers. He is not good enough for our national team, possibly not even SPL standard to be honest.

Fully disagree.

Dont usualy agree with you but spot on here. He is also a wee ned dick and a red card waiting to happen