Berlin - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Berlin

Fairbairn

Mitte district I would say is probably the closet "lively night section".... good nightclub bar here called Kafe Burger (a Bulkan Beats Bar type place).... but as said above, city is so vast (and still does suffer somewhat from being divided for so long) that you will struggle to find a bad area.

As I previously said, I prefer Charlottenburg, which is more sleepy and touristy, but has some great (old style) bars in it.

On 29 March 2016 at 1:27 PM, Toepoke said:

I've had a good night or two in the area of Hackesche Höfe / Oranienburger Str...

If you go up Oranienburger Strasse you come to a great wee bar called Silberfisch. It is next to the entrance of a knocking shop and if the weather is good you can sit outside and watch the girls go in with their punters. You can set your watch by when they next appear, an hour later on the dot. Open till 5 every morning

9 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

If you go up Oranienburger Strasse you come to a great wee bar called Silberfisch. It is next to the entrance of a knocking shop and if the weather is good you can sit outside and watch the girls go in with their punters. You can set your watch by when they next appear, an hour later on the dot. Open till 5 every morning

Is that not where I first met you?

On 17 March 2016 at 11:54 PM, joecraigfanclub said:

I cam out with a great line in January, no not 2 grammes of best Colombian, but one that said Berlin is a city to be experienced in winter and enjoyed in summer! Oscar Wilde eat your heart out. Had you gone under prepared gear wise?

No I was fine gear wise. Just slightly taken aback by how bitingly cold it was. End of May when I'm back should be fine weather wise though. Looking forward immensely to my next visit.

13 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

6 minutes ago, andymac said:

Is that not where I first met you?

13 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

Where??? In the knocking shop???

• 3 months later...

Alexanderplatz is the place to be staying in while in Berlin. We'll be staying in the Ramada there in October for the Germany v Northern Ireland game which is in Hannover. Berlin is such a great place to visit we'll just travel to and from Hannover on match day 

Edited by UlsterScot
Spelling mistake

11 hours ago, UlsterScot said:

Alexanderplatz is the place to be staying in while in Berlin. We'll be staying in the Ramada there in October for the Germany v Northern Ireland game which is in Hannover. Berlin is such a great place to visit we'll just travel to and from Hannover on match day 

Stayed in the Ramada on the way to Warsawa couple years ago. Decent hotel in a good location. The big Hofbrauhaus next door is excellent. 

8 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

going at the start of august for a stag and the beer festival. Will see what there is available but I think it depends what English game you are up against. There is an irish bar underneath hakeschermarkt station that might be a good bet

Might be a pointless question anyway, depending on what time the marathon starts for us plebs and how long I take to complete it.