Ed Stewart - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35273252

Aw, I used to like Junior Chioce. It's where I first heard Hole in the Ground by Bernard Cribbens and My Brother by Terry Scott. along with this absolute classic

That's weird. I almost posted Cribbens' 'Hole in the Ground' yesterday when someone posted about Aberdeen airport. So many classics - 'Puff the Magic Dragon' (drug references, my arse), 'Lily the Pink', 'The Banana Boat Song', 'My Boomerang Won't Come Back' and more Bernie:

Edited by DonnyTJS

Or, his comment could be perfectly correct and just badly timed. He might be able to use it again in a couple of months? :wink2:

But it wasn't just the wrong DJ, it was also the wrong dog.

I was hoping that last night's subtle corrections would be sufficiently sotto voce to spare aaid's blushes, only for you to blunder in and call attention to them. Sad.

I think one of the last times I heard Ed on the radio he played Morningtown Ride while I was bouncing a baby daughter on my knee. Welling up so ah wuz....

If you had radio 2 on,on christmas morning stewpots junior choice was on for 2 hours as it has been for years.He also played morningtown ride.Would think the show would still be on bbc i.player.

He was actually 34 when he met the future Mrs Stewpot -

"Stewart could be a somewhat controversial figure, as in his autobiography Out of the Stewpot, he candidly admitted that he had met his wife when she was aged just 13 and he was 34 years-old. In the book he describes turning up at his future wife's parents' house: "I arrived at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning," he said. Stewart married Mainwaring when she was 17 and they were divorced in 2004 after 29 years of marriage."

Edited by Charlie Endell

He was actually 34 when he met the future Mrs Stewpot -

"Stewart could be a somewhat controversial figure, as in his autobiography Out of the Stewpot, he candidly admitted that he had met his wife when she was aged just 13 and he was 34 years-old. In the book he describes turning up at his future wife's parents' house: "I arrived at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning," he said. Stewart married Mainwaring when she was 17 and they were divorced in 2004 after 29 years of marriage."

At least he waited until she was 17 before he married her. Unlike Jerry Lee Lewis, who married his cousin when she was only 13.