Tv Games In The Uk Today... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tv Games In The Uk Today...

Just worked out that today between 12am- 12pm you can watch 19 lives games on TV in the UK (20 if you are in Wales).

That's got to be some record?

Wellington Phoenix v Brisbane Roar
Hyundai A-League
06:00
BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 2 HD
Villarreal v Sporting Gijon
La Liga
11:00
Sky Sports 3 / Sky Sports 3 HD
Inter Milan v Sassuolo
Serie A
11:30
Oxford United v Swansea City
FA Cup 3rd Round
12:00
BBC Two Wales
Rangers v Cowdenbeath
Scottish FA Cup 4th Round
13:00
Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD
Nantes v St Etienne
Ligue 1
BT Sport Europe / BT Sport Europe HD
Frosinone v Napoli
Serie A
14:00
BT Sport ESPN / BT Sport ESPN HD
Chelsea v Shorpe United
FA Cup 3rd Round
Real Sociedad v Valencia
La Liga
15:00
Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD
Stranraer v Celtic
15:15
Lille v Nice
Ligue 1
16:00
BT Sport Extra 2
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
FA Cup 3rd Round
BBC One / BBC One HD
Sporting Lisbon v SC Braga
Primeira Liga
Las Palmas v Malaga
La Liga
17:15
Sky Sports Red Button
Eibar v Espanyol
La Liga
Cardiff City v Shrewsbury Town
FA Cup 3rd Round
18:00
S4C
Celta Vigo v Atletico Madrid
La Liga
19:30
Sampdoria v Juventus
Serie A
19:45
Marseille v Guingamp
Ligue 1
20:00
Nacional v Benfica
Primeira Liga
20:30

Just worked out that today between 12am- 12pm you can watch 19 lives games on TV in the UK (20 if you are in Wales).

That's got to be some record?

Wellington Phoenix v Brisbane Roar
Hyundai A-League
06:00
Villarreal v Sporting Gijon
La Liga
11:00
Sky Sports 3 / Sky Sports 3 HD
Inter Milan v Sassuolo
Serie A
11:30
Oxford United v Swansea City
FA Cup 3rd Round
12:00
BBC Two Wales
Rangers v Cowdenbeath
Nantes v St Etienne
Ligue 1
Frosinone v Napoli
Serie A
Chelsea v S######horpe United
FA Cup 3rd Round
Real Sociedad v Valencia
La Liga
15:00
Stranraer v Celtic
15:15
Lille v Nice
Ligue 1
BT Sport Extra 2
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
FA Cup 3rd Round
BBC One / BBC One HD
Sporting Lisbon v SC Braga
Primeira Liga
Las Palmas v Malaga
La Liga
Sky Sports Red Button
Eibar v Espanyol
La Liga
Cardiff City v Shrewsbury Town
FA Cup 3rd Round
18:00
S4C
Celta Vigo v Atletico Madrid
La Liga
19:30
Sampdoria v Juventus
Serie A
19:45
Marseille v Guingamp
Ligue 1
20:00
Nacional v Benfica
Primeira Liga
20:30

some ##### from america will be along shortly to blame you for killing scottish football

really? Id never dream of telling anybody what they can or can't watch on the telly

Moral Indignation from someone who tells lies about other men being paedophiles?!?

That's some brass neck.

I think you overestimate the interest in the EPL from Scots. Its more likely people have lost interest in the game full stop.

I offered up ONE of the reasons. I will repeat, ONE. If you don't think the saturation of English fitba' in Scottish households and pubs isn't having an effect on our game then that's something you and I strongly disagree on.

I offered up ONE of the reasons. I will repeat, ONE. If you don't think the saturation of English fitba' in Scottish households and pubs isn't having an effect on our game then that's something you and I strongly disagree on.

Why the focus on English football though? As the OP shows, we are saturated with football from all over. We probably get as many Spanish games as English games on TV over a weekend.

Why the focus on English football though? As the OP shows, we are saturated with football from all over. We probably get as many Spanish games as English games on TV over a weekend.

I've tried to have a discussion on this before and it was tedious dealing with those with blinkers on(not you). You can't deny that there is an obsession with English fitba' over any other foreign country though? One walk through a shopping mall, pub or a bairn's fitba' field will show that.

I've tried to have a discussion on this before and it was tedious dealing with those with blinkers on(not you). You can't deny that there is an obsession with English fitba' over any other foreign country though? One walk through a shopping mall, pub or a bairn's fitba' field will show that.

But again I would say that the "obsession" is widening away from just English football. You see as many kids in Barca and Real Madrid tops nowadays as you do in Man Utd or Chelsea or Man City. I had two of mines at soft play this morning, there was one lime green Man City top I noticed and 3 Barca tops of various colours/ages amongst the kids I saw running about. Then again it was Kirkcaldy.

Sky definitely started it with their coverage of English football on a Sunday but as the OP proves, we get games from everywhere now.

Without wanting to derail this thread, my number one reason for the state of Scottish football is 30 years of Celtic/Rangers dominance. When I started going early/mid 80's it was a competitive league. I remember Eric Black destroying us at Parkhead one day. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were the best teams about and ANY point earned at Pittodrie or Tannadice was a great result. They also used to come to Glasgow and pump both Celtic and Rangers frequently. Hibs and Hearts were strong too, but even places like Dundee and St Mirren were hard earned results, there was real competition and most teams could drop points, home or away, at any of those venues.

Then 1986 and Souness coming into Rangers, them pumping in the money, Celtic eventually following suit, the gap widened massively and also killed any serious level of competition. Its been 30 years of it now, from one team or the other, and its boring as f**k. One of my mates at work was a Rangers season ticket holder during 9IAR, he admits it was not that enjoyable just turning up ever week and the result, 90% of the time, being a foregone conclusion. Football fans want to see competition. On the main there is really none in Scottish football. Hence they will eventually take an interest in somewhere which does have actual competition and uncertainty.

But again I would say that the "obsession" is widening away from just English football. You see as many kids in Barca and Real Madrid tops nowadays as you do in Man Utd or Chelsea or Man City. I had two of mines at soft play this morning, there was one lime green Man City top I noticed and 3 Barca tops of various colours/ages amongst the kids I saw running about. Then again it was Kirkcaldy.

Sky definitely started it with their coverage of English football on a Sunday but as the OP proves, we get games from everywhere now.

Without wanting to derail this thread, my number one reason for the state of Scottish football is 30 years of Celtic/Rangers dominance. When I started going early/mid 80's it was a competitive league. I remember Eric Black destroying us at Parkhead one day. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were the best teams about and ANY point earned at Pittodrie or Tannadice was a great result. They also used to come to Glasgow and pump both Celtic and Rangers frequently. Hibs and Hearts were strong too, but even places like Dundee and St Mirren were hard earned results, there was real competition and most teams could drop points, home or away, at any of those venues.

Then 1986 and Souness coming into Rangers, them pumping in the money, Celtic eventually following suit, the gap widened massively and also killed any serious level of competition. Its been 30 years of it now, from one team or the other, and its boring as f**k. One of my mates at work was a Rangers season ticket holder during 9IAR, he admits it was not that enjoyable just turning up ever week and the result, 90% of the time, being a foregone conclusion. Football fans want to see competition. On the main there is really none in Scottish football. Hence they will eventually take an interest in somewhere which does have actual competition and uncertainty.

In short.... We are going the way of the Irish league and nobody sees it.