24Hr Football Event - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24Hr Football Event

Davied14

For anyone on a New Year health kick and would like something to work towards, the Tartan Army Children's Charity (TACC) are looking for brave souls to take part in a 24 hour football match at the Ravenscraig Regional Sports facility, running from midday on Friday 29th until Saturday 30th July 2016.

We are looking to have two squads playing a continuous 7 a side match for the duration, we expect the registration fee to be around £20 per player and participants will be expected to raise sponsorship also.

If you are aged over 18 and interested in being part of this event then please e-mail david@tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk before the 24th January and TACC will update you on more details as they become available.

So far there has been nearly 30 people put their name forward so if you would like to take part please get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There has been a good uptake for the 24hr football so far, with over half of the 34 spaces available being filled already, so thank you very much if you have already paid your £20 and registered your details with me.

If you would like to take part, you buy this item from the TACC shop:

https://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/event-tickets/1264-tacc-24-hour-football-challenge.html

And once you are emailed a PDF file you click on the link contained in that file, submit your details on the form and that is you done.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask on here on email me at david@tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk

Managed to fill a few more spaces so there are now around 10 available. We are also firming up plans for activities that will be taking place on pitches alongside the 24hr match and hope to confirm details of these soon.

If you would like to take part, you buy this item from the TACC shop:

https://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/event-tickets/1264-tacc-24-hour-football-challenge.html

And once you are emailed a PDF file you click on the link contained in that file, submit your details on the form and that is you done.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask on here on email me at david@tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk

• 4 months later...

Only ten days to go for this. Really looking forward to it..... I think. 

Been doing a bit of training in preparation. My brother has done all :)

Anyone going to nip along to shout some abuse? I can imagine we will be needing the encouragement.  

Also if anyone would like to donate give me a shout and I'll ping you a link to the page. 

Running alongside the 24hr match we will also have some fun activities for people to come along and try out, including a crossbar challenge, speed gun and beat the goalie (where are still hoping to have a special guest or two).

A player has had to pull out of this event due to injury so if anyone out there is interested in taking part then they can!

The 24hr challenge runs from noon on Friday until noon on Saturday, with the participant expected to play around 10 hours of 7 a side football during that period. If you are interested or have any questions then please get in touch.

1 hour ago, Davied14 said:

A player has had to pull out of this event due to injury so if anyone out there is interested in taking part then they can!

The 24hr challenge runs from noon on Friday until noon on Saturday, with the participant expected to play around 10 hours of 7 a side football during that period. If you are interested or have any questions then please get in touch.

Tell me it's someone from the blue team..........please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!