Shite, Shite, Shite - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shite, Shite, Shite

My 13 mile commute has been on average 55 minutes for the past year despite a new 3 lane motorway for much of it. Develop morre motorways and more people will use them.

Build it and they come.........................

And do the return.

None that I have experienced.

My journey home today took almost an hour longer than usual as there was a huge pothole that 2 different cars had hit, meaning both had broken down on the carriageway.

It's a 10-minute drive on a good day.

I've got the return down to 40 mins if I leave at 5 sharp or stay until 545 or later. I don't have any leeway on the outward journey due to caring duties.

Sorry, I was only trying to make a light hearted comment in reply :D - agreeing with you - more roads doesn't always improve congestion.

Just leads to more traffic thereby neutralising any potential improvement in a short space of time.

Sorry, I was only trying to make a light hearted comment in reply :D - agreeing with you - more roads doesn't always improve congestion.

Just leads to more traffic thereby neutralising any potential improvement in a short space of time.

Oh, no offence was taken. It's just a pain in the arse. I used to have to drive the old A80 years ago and when it got to 40 minutes for the commute then the new motorway (preceded by Stepps bypass) seemed like a good idea. Don't have many days now that I don't come off the B roads to immediately hit a 10 mile queue. I'd say I get one lucky day out of every 30 or so.

Oh, no offence was taken. It's just a pain in the arse. I used to have to drive the old A80 years ago and when it got to 40 minutes for the commute then the new motorway (preceded by Stepps bypass) seemed like a good idea. Don't have many days now that I don't come off the B roads to immediately hit a 10 mile queue. I'd say I get one lucky day out of every 30 or so.

It does sound like a real pain in the rear end and every so called improvement only happens by adding to delays for weeks, months or years then a new problem is created over time.

My journey home today took almost an hour longer than usual as there was a huge pothole that 2 different cars had hit, meaning both had broken down on the carriageway.

It's a 10-minute drive on a good day.

Where was that? A car had hit a pothole on dual carriageway from East Kilbride to big roundabout onto M77 yesterday and saw another car pulled over on my return journey.

I've got the return down to 40 mins if I leave at 5 sharp or stay until 545 or later. I don't have any leeway on the outward journey due to caring duties.

Am I right that you are in Cumbernauld?

My gf works there and says the same as you, if she leaves later its fine but leaving at 5 can be a nightmare. She cuts off at town and back on again to beat the Kingston bridge on the way home.