Alan Rickman - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brilliant diverse actor with a voice so sublime - definitely one of the best. I had always hoped to see him perform on stage.

Feels strange he's gone now while I'm presently enjoying his performance as Professor Snape in the complete Harry Potter collection. It's taken this long to encourage me after discounting the first film. I was so wrong - what a treat it is.

:ok:

That'll be The Winter Guest. He directed the film and had a blink and you'll miss him walk on part.

This always did have a poignant edge to it.

Oh Moray, I didn't think I had any more tears to spill this year.

I was lucky to meet him a good few years ago when he came into the theatre a few times as a friend of his was in the play. When I was introduced to him for the first time I was eating an mashed egg roll and I slabbered then apologised for slabbering then had to repeat 'slabbering' twice as he couldn't understand what I was saying. I don't blush easily, in fact can't remember blushing since but I literally felt the heat as it rose up from my neck to forehead. After that I restricted myself to "hello" only when he came backstage. I found out at the end of the run that he'd enquired of his friend if I was transsexual.

That's only the second time I've ever told that story and I'm normally a name dropper extraordinaire.

I was lucky to meet him a good few years ago when he came into the theatre a few times as a friend of his was in the play. When I was introduced to him for the first time I was eating an mashed egg roll and I slabbered then apologised for slabbering then had to repeat 'slabbering' twice as he couldn't understand what I was saying. I don't blush easily, in fact can't remember blushing since but I literally felt the heat as it rose up from my neck to forehead. After that I restricted myself to "hello" only when he came backstage. I found out at the end of the run that he'd enquired of his friend if I was transsexual.

That's only the second time I've ever told that story and I'm normally a name dropper extraordinaire.

:lol: brilliant

Went to see his film A Little Chaos last year, directed it and co-wrote it too I think. About a gardener at Versailles (played by Kate Winslett) at the time of Loius XIV. It is OK, certainly not a great film, but Rickman himself gives a masterclass in his portrayal of Louis. So much so that every scene he isn't in you find yourself hoping he will appear at any moment, to lift things up a bit, if you see what I mean. He was that good an actor.

Lemmy, Bowie, Rickman and now that's Celine Dion's mans away. McKenzie & Millers must be coining it in

Without meaning to take the thread off topic I read this morning that Celine Dion's husband, who was her manager, discovered her when she was 12 years old. There's something distinctly unsettling about that.

:-)) These are the kind of posts that make me regret that the TAMB doesn't have a like button!! :ok:

Only just seen this. :-))