Tennis 2016 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2016

Donaldo87

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great draw for Andy - it could have been handpicked by him. The lowest ranked seed in every round.

A bit concerned about his preparation as he is the only one of the top 8 seeds not to play an ATP warm up tournament. I don't think the Hopman Cup has the intensity required, so he could be quite rusty in the first two or three rounds.

Nadal is still edging back to form, but the skelping he got from Djokovic in the Doha final last week confirms that one man is head and shoulders above the rest of the top players. It will take a mega shock (or illness/injury) for anyone other than Djokovic to win in Melbourne.

Rafa out in the first round. Losing in 5 to Verdasco. Massive blow, just as he was looking like he'd turned the corner.

Andy through comfortably in straight sets, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3.

A great draw for Andy - it could have been handpicked by him. The lowest ranked seed in every round.

A bit concerned about his preparation as he is the only one of the top 8 seeds not to play an ATP warm up tournament. I don't think the Hopman Cup has the intensity required, so he could be quite rusty in the first two or three rounds.

Nadal is still edging back to form, but the skelping he got from Djokovic in the Doha final last week confirms that one man is head and shoulders above the rest of the top players. It will take a mega shock (or illness/injury) for anyone other than Djokovic to win in Melbourne.

Has he not played the Hoffman Cup each of the years he got to the final?

Has he not played the Hoffman Cup each of the years he got to the final?

That could be right, he certainly played last year and got to the final. Not sure about the previous years, although he has played the Hopman Cup a few times.

He knows what's best, I'd just prefer to see him play proper ATP tour matches.

They're making a big deal about this "British" girl making the quarters so I looked her up as I was none the wiser. Born in Australia to Hungarian parents, moved here in her teens to go to tennis academy, only became a UK citizen in 2012.

The female Greg Rusedski in other words...

They're making a big deal about this "British" girl making the quarters so I looked her up as I was none the wiser. Born in Australia to Hungarian parents, moved here in her teens to go to tennis academy, only became a UK citizen in 2012.

englands new rugby captain was commenting on what it means to beat scotland

didnt realise we had such a rivalry with new zealand

The LTA will be creaming themselves - Andy Murray in the men's singles semifinal, Konta in the Ladies singles semifinal, and Jamie Murray in the Men's Doubles semifinal. Unfortunately for them, none of their successful players were developed from the LTA youth programme which only goes to demonstrate how much money they are pissing away on inadequate development systems.

The LTA will be creaming themselves - Andy Murray in the men's singles semifinal, Konta in the Ladies singles semifinal, and Jamie Murray in the Men's Doubles semifinal. Unfortunately for them, none of their successful players were developed from the LTA youth programme which only goes to demonstrate how much money they are pissing away on inadequate development systems.

Correct. The wee Australian lassie was coached / trained in Spain like Andy.

A Scottish nationalist and an Australian of Hungarian descent doing the business - British tennis at its best :lol:

Jo Durie was wheeled out for an interview earlier FFS!

Where as Andy Murray has been happy to fly the British flag for a number of years now.