Tennis 2016 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2016

Donaldo87

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Federer's just had knee surgery - ruling him out of Rotterdam next week and Dubai and he may even struggle to be back for Indian Wells.

After an injury free career will be interesting to see how he recovers, particularly at his age.

• 1 month later...

Well that didn't go well - Murray papped out of the 'Fifth Major' in the last 32. Fortunate that Federer is still injured, otherwise the number two ranking would be in doubt.

Fortunately the Miami Masters follows next week, where he has a decent record.

Needs to forget about this Davis Cup malarkey and concentrate on the tour!

Murray's nearly always done poorly in indian Wells. 3rd time in 6 years he's not made it passed the 3rd round. In his post match interview he mentioned that he's always struggled to get his first serve in there when he goes for it because of the desert air. As a result he's holding back on his serve. He didn't serve an ace in 3 sets against Delbonis. Having said that he should have been able to close the match out from 4-1 up in the 3rd.

• 1 month later...

First set to Andy in Madrid v Nadal. He's now a match for anyone on clay - his form on the surface last year has removed any mental doubts.  A crucial stage of the season with Andy defending 1000 ranking points this week and then straight to Rome next week.

32 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Looks like Murray playing Djokovic in final tomorrow 

Nishikori has been brilliant tonight, he's brought it back to a tie break in the third set. It's been one of the best matches I've seen this year. Nishikori now has the upper hand in the tie break but it's early

Djokovic takes it in the tie break 7-5

great match despite Djockovic and his "injury" early on. 

I can't wait for next Monday when I go to my 2nd slam. Centre court tickets for the French open, bring it on

2 minutes ago, biffer said:

Happy Birthday Andy!

Straight sets win over Djokovic, tremendous. Sets up the French Open very nicely.

Aye, just had my Gran on the phone celebrating. She was loving the win over Novak. I thought she was confused and it was the French Open, nah she's just been hankering for Murray to beat him for ages.

French Open draw releaser. Murray in the same half as Stan Wawrinka, last year's champion, but avoids Nadal. Doesn't look like the hardest draw for Murray - lots of guys suited to hard court in his quarter (Isner, Karlovich, Kyrgios, Dolgopolov). Nishikori in the quarters and Stan in the semis. 

Djokovic seems to have all clay court guys in his path - Delbonis, Bautista Agut, Ferrer / Berdych, Nadal / Tsonga if it goes to seedings. 

35 minutes ago, biffer said:

French Open draw releaser. Murray in the same half as Stan Wawrinka, last year's champion, but avoids Nadal. Doesn't look like the hardest draw for Murray - lots of guys suited to hard court in his quarter (Isner, Karlovich, Kyrgios, Dolgopolov). Nishikori in the quarters and Stan in the semis.

Djokovic seems to have all clay court guys in his path - Delbonis, Bautista Agut, Ferrer / Berdych, Nadal / Tsonga if it goes to seedings.

Superb draw - could have been handpicked by Andy!

He's in good form and this is certainly his best ever chance at RG.

Anyone know what day Murray is likely to play on if he makes it to the quarter-finals? I've got a ticket for Philippe Chatrier court on June 1st.