Tennis 2016 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2016

Donaldo87

Whats to "go again"?

The boy is draped in a UJ with boring monotony and after winning the Davis Cup for Britain was quoted as saying

"I just can't believe we did it," said Murray. "I play some of my best tennis when I'm playing for my country.

British tennis at its best. The nut hugging that goes on on this board for Andy Murray "the Scottish nationalist" never fails to amuse me.

Edited by neil r

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're making a big deal about this "British" girl making the quarters so I looked her up as I was none the wiser. Born in Australia to Hungarian parents, moved here in her teens to go to tennis academy, only became a UK citizen in 2012.

The female Greg Rusedski in other words...

I saw a story about the 3 brits in the semi's. Folk stating that in the wheelchair event a Brit beat the 8 time champion to make semi's too, which should make it 4.

Whats to "go again"?

The boy is draped in a UJ with boring monotony and after winning the Davis Cup for Britain was quoted as saying

"I just can't believe we did it," said Murray. "I play some of my best tennis when I'm playing for my country.

British tennis at its best. The nut hugging that goes on on this board for Andy Murray "the Scottish nationalist" never fails to amuse me.

It also never fails to amuse me, that some, will drag politics into absolutely everything.

Well done to the 3 of them in making their respective semi finals.

It also never fails to amuse me, that some, will drag politics into absolutely everything.

Indeed and I wholeheartedly agree which is why when the usual bore(s) started on this thread, in particular about Andy Murray "the Scottish nationalist", I thought Id point out he does seem a rather odd example of the type. Edited by neil r

Indeed and I wholeheartedly agree which is why when the usual bore(s) started on this thread, in particular about Andy Murray "the Scottish nationalist", I thought Id point out he does seem a rather odd example of the type.

you should have responded to the post going on about scottish nationalism then, would have saved the confusion. You pointed out a post talking about Rudeski and another foreign-born national. Which is a different subject from your stated one.

Indeed and I wholeheartedly agree which is why when the usual bore(s) started on this thread, in particular about Andy Murray "the Scottish nationalist", I thought Id point out he does seem a rather odd example of the type.

Agreed, although I don't think, him being proud of his achievements for Great Britain make him any less of a Scottish Nationalist either. Perhaps, like me and others, he doesn't want to drag his political views into his sport? Given the huge Scottish influence within the Gb tennis team, and the fact there isn't a Scottish team, I dont think there is anything wrong with saying 'my country'.

Edited by Angus_Young