Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The world is a scary place, always has been. I'm not too keen to explore the alternative just yet though.;)

It just seems a little scarier than usual just now. But I agree with you that the alternative might be much worse!  

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The alarming thing is that Ted Cruz is far far worse than Trumpy ...........

A lot of people say that but to be honest I have no idea how they know because no one not even Trump knows what his stance will be one day to the next.

16 minutes ago, Lamia said:

A lot of people say that but to be honest I have no idea how they know because no one not even Trump knows what his stance will be one day to the next.

The channel 4 show last night about trump.

("president trump: could it really happen" I think it was called)

Was really interesting.

He seems bat shit crazy, but then they appeared to put forward the idea, that if/when he gets the candidacy he'll ditch the hillbillies and rednecks and move towards the centre.

I don't think any billionaire is as simple as he'd have you think he is, so he might have a plan?

He's a divisive figure anyway! The stuff about building a wall, and Mexico paying! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I am not denying the Cruz is evil I am questioning how you know where Trump is on the scale when neither you nor I nor he knows what he is going to believe on day to the next. 

Trump is an imbecile - a very clever one - there is no doubt about that

He would have absolutely no clue how to be the President of the USA and it would be an unmitigated disaster

But that's all he would be - a political imbecile and it's likely someone else or the senate would be pulling the strings and at least trying to advise him on what not to do if not stopping him making massive blunders.

Thats why Cruz is way more dangerous

57 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I am not denying the Cruz is evil I am questioning how you know where Trump is on the scale when neither you nor I nor he knows what he is going to believe on day to the next. 

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Trump is an imbecile - a very clever one - there is no doubt about that

He would have absolutely no clue how to be the President of the USA and it would be an unmitigated disaster

But that's all he would be - a political imbecile and it's likely someone else or the senate would be pulling the strings and at least trying to advise him on what not to do if not stopping him making massive blunders.

I think you potentially underestimate him.

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The argument seems to revolve around the fact that you know exactly what Cruz believes but don't have a scooby what Trump does. This is been taken as a positive for Trump and that is where I disagree. The fact that you don't know is more dangerous in my view.

The one reason I would say that Cruz could be argued to be more dangerous is not Cruz himself but the machine behind him.

41 minutes ago, Lamia said:

The argument seems to revolve around the fact that you know exactly what Cruz believes but don't have a scooby what Trump does. This is been taken as a positive for Trump and that is where I disagree. The fact that you don't know is more dangerous in my view.

The one reason I would say that Cruz could be argued to be more dangerous is not Cruz himself but the machine behind him.

Cruz on his own is a delusional religious psychopath who believes what he says

Trump is not and doesnt

That really should be enough to determine who is more dangerous

Edited by Ally Bongo

On 2/23/2016 at 9:26 AM, thplinth said:

In Trump's victory speech he also said 46% of Hispanics voted for him. So I doubt it is a made up statistic. So unless that is your claim then this above boils down to the appearance of a few twitter accounts. Anyone could create those twitter accounts and the rather clumsy way it was done and 'discovered' so quickly is also a little suspicious but I'll keep an open mind.

edit: Trump down to 5/2 but Clinton goes to 8/11. I guess big money is backing Clinton.

Clinton is 1/8 to get the democratic nomination with Bernie at 5/1. It looks a lot closer than that...

Surely you'd want Cruz in to wipe out what you think are 2 billion evil folk who follow the Koran?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Wow Trumps tax plans are 'awesome'. If they don't screw him out the nomination these could be a huge vote winner.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

I'd imagine the part he says that the tax plans are "revenue neutral" is a complete lie and that these "plans" are un-costed.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thplinth said:

So how is the Donald doing.

Clinton V Trump

It's on.

He's romped home in the last few primaries. All were in the North East - where he has done well in every one so far baring Maine. Also, a lot of exit polls showing more and more Republican voters saying they'll back the Republican nominee whoever it is. So you could say for him, it's been a good few weeks.

Indiana next - I think if Donald J. wins there, he'll have this tied up before the convention.

The Republicans are in a no-win situation. Donald gets the nominee and some of their hardcore may stay home, it goes to the convention and he loses on the first ballot ; he takes the ball and the Republicans lose his voters.