Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Trumpy wins enough delegates to ensure Republican Presidential nomination - before the voting is finished

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36392084?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Trust me he is going to destroy Clinton. I am upgrading my prediction to a landslide. The only hope for the democrats is they somehow switch to Bernie. I don't think they have the flexibility to do that now but you never know. We have not even begun and already he is ahead in the polls. It is going to be a massacre.

Regardless of the personalities involved, it's hard to believe that solid, traditional.....and massive....Democrat states like California, New York, Illinois and those in the north-east are going to swing to the Republicans.

Trump will get plenty of support in places like Buttfück, Alabama...and in the bible belt and hinterland in general, but Clinton (presuming it's her) still really only needs to carry the traditional Democrat states to win (all be it narrowly).

Edited by Rossy

Saying that of course, it is America, and the weird and wonderful can happen.

Obama lost control of the House of Representatives...and effectively lost the ability to pursue any of his policies.... because the Democrat candidate for Congress in Massachussetts said something stupid about the Red Sox, allowing the Republicans (who had never before had any influence in the State) to win.

God knows what they'll do.

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

Regardless of the personalities involved, it's hard to believe that solid, traditional.....and massive....Democrat states like California, New York, Illinois and those in the north-east are going to swing to the Republicans.

Trump will get plenty of support in places like Buttfück, Alabama...and in the bible belt and hinterland in general, but Clinton (presuming it's her) still really only needs to carry the traditional Democrat states to win (all be it narrowly).

The continued support for Trump is everywhere in Illinois(Am I allowed to say that?).

It doesn't matter where you look, who you speak to or what media show you listen to. All you encounter is Trump, Trump, Trump. It is insane here. Clinton doesn't stand a chance. Anyway, my Make Donald Drumpf Again hat arrived yesterday. I should've said I wasn't a Yank as the hat is about 3 sizes too bloody big!

There is a large consensus of Americans from all demographics (including Democrats) who do not want another Clinton in the White House and thats even before her alleged corruption is taken into consideration

This is why (if Clinton gets the nomination) there will be a big campaign encouraging people to hold their nose and vote for her - in fact it's already started

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 hours ago, Rossy said:

Saying that of course, it is America, and the weird and wonderful can happen.

Obama lost control of the House of Representatives...and effectively lost the ability to pursue any of his policies.... because the Democrat candidate for Congress in Massachussetts said something stupid about the Red Sox, allowing the Republicans (who had never before had any influence in the State) to win.

God knows what they'll do.

Aye, I can remember thinking that even the Yanks aren't daft enough to vote for Ronald Reagan, but they did, twice. :wacko: 

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

The continued support for Trump is everywhere in Illinois(Am I allowed to say that?).

It doesn't matter where you look, who you speak to or what media show you listen to. All you encounter is Trump, Trump, Trump. It is insane here. Clinton doesn't stand a chance. Anyway, my Make Donald Drumpf Again hat arrived yesterday. I should've said I wasn't a Yank as the hat is about 3 sizes too bloody big!

Wait, are you in America?

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

Wait, are you in America?

The banter, the banter. You're so good at it. I'm glad the board has you. Those Yes or No replies to posts are what makes this place exciting. That and the odd "The Famous" or Jimmy Calderwood picture. 

9 hours ago, Rossy said:

I fear things have moved on a bit from that. Many of us were assuming that the anti-Trump vote would do the trick after he won the Republican nomination (to date a tiny proportion of the electorate have actually voted for him), and that the big coastal states vote would take care of things and ensure a deafeat for Trump. Unfortunately not really looking so likely anymore. Clinton is very unpopular across much of the States, while Trump (unprincipled, populist charlatan that he is) has skilfully tapped into the anger with Washington and politicians in general. Trump is polling well in California and many NE states. Who knows what his campaign will come up with once it is turned onto Clinton. Not good.

On 27/05/2016 at 5:23 PM, Ormond said:

The banter, the banter. You're so good at it. I'm glad the board has you. Those Yes or No replies to posts are what makes this place exciting. That and the odd "The Famous" or Jimmy Calderwood picture. 

?? glad im not the only one

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

From about 7.45-13.45. What she did was pretty mental. Amazing she gets such a free ride in the media.

Thanks for this. Made me look up some other things and get a better understanding of it all. Although one  thing I don't understand is that with this hanging over her how is she still able to stand as a presidential hopeful. I understand why, she wants it and I think feels she deserves it but not how she's been allowed to go so far forward in the campaign. Also and apologies if this is covered on previous pages, how did she think she could get away with if, especially as, if I understand correctly, she only used this one server and no government one. (Technological incompetent here, am I right that a 'server' is hotmail or gmail for example?) 

Notice how the media are telling everyone that Clinton has enough votes to be the democractic nominee ?

Techicallly she has but that doesnt mean she will be the nominee as they are including super delagates who can switch at conference

Clearly an attempt to get the voters in California not to bother voting

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Notice how the media are telling everyone that Clinton has enough votes to be the democractic nominee ?

Techicallly she has but that doesnt mean she will be the nominee as they are including super delagates who can switch at conference

Clearly an attempt to get the voters in California not to bother voting

Are the "super delegates" the ones who pay them loads of dosh?