Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Just seen footage of the Democratic convention. Hilary taking absolute pelters and she's not even turned up yet.

Certainly an unprecedented election this!

they were chanting "lock her up" lol. What a horrendous choice of candidates.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mothers-movement-hillary-black-lives-matter-article-1.2727415

The mothers of seven "victims of cops and guns" join together to shout 'black lives matter' and endorse Clinton.

Trust Hillary to jump on this racist cop killing movement that holds up base level thug gansta stupidity as being the pinnacle of Black American achievement.

Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin were not victims. They were killed because of their own violent and criminal actions. That their mothers can go on stage and be held up as victims of police brutality and used to endorse a presidential candidate says it all about this election: two ghastly candidates who employ racist tactics against one another to win over the most stupid electorate on the planet.

30 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mothers-movement-hillary-black-lives-matter-article-1.2727415

The mothers of seven "victims of cops and guns" join together to shout 'black lives matter' and endorse Clinton.

Trust Hillary to jump on this racist cop killing movement that holds up base level thug gansta stupidity as being the pinnacle of Black American achievement.

Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin were not victims. They were killed because of their own violent and criminal actions. That their mothers can go on stage and be held up as victims of police brutality and used to endorse a presidential candidate says it all about this election: two ghastly candidates who employ racist tactics against one another to win over the most stupid electorate on the planet.

Martin was killed cause Zimmerman was a #####. Evidencing my theory is the fact Zimmerman continues to have violent interactions with people due to his temper. Tailing folk, having shots fired etc.

Nothing to do with the police though, it was two citizens, the police eventually put Zimmerman through the judicial process. Suggesting he was killed because of his own violent and criminal action (walking home from the shop, then meeting an angry Mr Zimmerman, who gave him the assumption of guilt) is not correct. Look Zimmerman up, he seems to keep having these altercations with people.

As you say though nothing to do with "police brutality".

11 hours ago, phart said:

Martin was killed cause Zimmerman was a #####. Evidencing my theory is the fact Zimmerman continues to have violent interactions with people due to his temper. Tailing folk, having shots fired etc.

Nothing to do with the police though, it was two citizens, the police eventually put Zimmerman through the judicial process. Suggesting he was killed because of his own violent and criminal action (walking home from the shop, then meeting an angry Mr Zimmerman, who gave him the assumption of guilt) is not correct. Look Zimmerman up, he seems to keep having these altercations with people.

As you say though nothing to do with "police brutality".

Zimmerman's a bona fide bell-end - his decision to sell the gun for a quarter of a mill rather than destroy it is another indicator that he's a repellent fvck. I'll come back to that though.

I take your point that it was about 2 citizens, but the Florida prosecutor's decision to take the case to trial was purely political and was motivated by the governor trying to avoid the riots that were on the way. The police chief was fired over the initial lack of arrest. You had nationwide protests, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson whipping up a shit-storm, and the President of the United States coming out and saying that the victim could have been his son.

In the context of what happened, Sanford FL had a higher robbery rate than Compton LA - 60 per 1000 compared to 29 per 1000.

The "gated community" of Twin Lakes isn't some Oscar Pistorius privileged gated community - it's the Florida equivalent of a Barret estate; a Barret estate that is surrounded by a predominantly black project from where a huge level of criminality came in to their neighbourhood. 

According to the Miami Herald, police were called to Twin Lakes 402 times in the 13 months before Martin’s death. According to the Herald’s review of police records, the community experienced eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting over that period.

One black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account."Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

Zimmerman saw a young black man loitering in an area where there had been a huge level of criminality done by young black men. Rightly or wrongly, he profiled him and he called the cops and he followed him in his car until he ran and then he lost him. He shouldn't have got out the car, but Trayvon Martin should not then have attacked him and broke his nose and then tried to smash his head in on the sidewalk.

From all the evidence I've read and been through, I don't doubt that Trayvon Martin sucker-punched and attacked him and Dylan was in fear of his life and shot him in self defence.

That doesn't detract from Zimmerman's post trial cvnt behaviour - although I do think that the guy's life and mental health have been ruined by the trial, the media coverage and BLM, Spike Lee et al holding him up as some evil white guy who killed an innocent young black man.

Applying non-American rationale to gun control is daft. In Florida, the gun laws are such that the assumption should be that everyone is carrying. If you jump someone, you might get shot. Trayvon Martin attacked him and he feared for his life. He shot him in self defense and he was exonerated.

It's tragic, but regardless of whether Zimmerman pursued him Martin should not have attacked him. But he did and he paid for it with his life.

I'm not talking about the reaction afterwards.Which is mass hysteria.

Zimmerman has a history of going after folk and it ending in violence , then claiming the other person started it.

I'm assuming all the claims of loitering,cause the timeline show he was on his phone to his girlfriend at the time. sucker punching etc came from one source as it was not witnessed by anyone.

the police told Zimmerman to stop following him as well.

Martin died cause of outrage at other peoples crimes, Zimmerman a fan dan, high crime rate doesn't mean you just take it out on any black person.You can't kill just cause you're scared.

I don't disagree with you on all the other points, b

I keep having to remind myself this is real life and not a film or TV programme e.g.The Thick of it, Fawlty Towers or Lead Balloon .

This week alone he's insulted the grieving parents of a US soldier killed in action, implied that sexually harassed women should deal with the issue by finding a new job and ordered that a crying baby be removed from the room when he was giving a speech. Genuinely groundbreaking stuff.

To repeat a point of a couple of months back, relatively speaking, to date very few people have actually voted for Trump. It is only now that he will be under the full scrutiny of the media and he already seems to be floundering. A lot of the guff that he came out with in the race for the Republican nomination that went down well with much of the party membership and their fellow travellers might not be nearly as well received across the electorate as a whole. And he is now faced with the Democratic party, a serious political opponent, much of the media and the incumbent President. Like many others, I made the mistake of writing off Trump early in his bid for the nomination, and don't want to make the same mistake again, but I do wonder if he is about to be found out.

On 28/07/2016 at 0:33 AM, phart said:

Zimmerman has a history of going after folk and it ending in violence , then claiming the other person started it.

and it happens again. Witnesses this time to gainsay his account this time though.

On the Trump issue i saw all these memes about him and nukes, anyone thinking Clinton is any less inclined to use them hasn't been following her track record.

3 hours ago, Denny's Yard said:

All 320 million of them?

No - but there is a rather large percentage that are.

The same educational time being given to creationism as evolution being a prime factor