Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What will happen there is if Donald wins the US will initially build the wall and then Trump will extract some equivalent sum from Mexico somehow in trade sanctions or whatever and then he will say "Mexico paid for the wall". And no one will give a fukk because they will have their wall.

He is not only a long term promoter he is a long term mega project builder. Trump said he would build a wall coz he knows from his building experience that he can. Promoters promote yes but he has calculated that this is actually not a biggie to do (it really isn't) and it has a massive wow political impact... so he has said he will do it. And reaped the promoter whirlwind.

He is politically coarse, crude even but very smart. Look at what is happening here. How is he still in this?! We are weeks away now and he was supposed to have blown up long ago. And the gap with Clinton is really nothing, margin of error stuff... It is astonishing. 

If he had been running the YES campaign we would have won. :lol: 

Make Scotland Great Again.

No chance, American business benefits greatly from illegal immigration, he wouldn't be allowed to build a wall. 

I agree he's smart, which is at odds with his behaviour at times. Sometimes think the idea that's he only there to make sure Clinton wins is the most rational explanation. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Trump will build the wall and then increase legal immigration. Watch it happen. It is the way he rolls. He is not anti immigration he is anti illegal immigration and he is the type to prove it.

Controlled immigration good, uncontrolled immigration bad... I don't see him losing that one in the court or american public opinion. 

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

A lot of views on this thread so am thinking it might be interesting to see the results of a TAMB poll on this thread along the lines of...

"A gun is pointed at your head and you are forced to vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in the forthcoming US presidential elections - what is your vote?

• Donald Trump
  • Hillary Clinton

I am thinking Trump will win even in Scotland.

Mon mods let's get it on.

My decision would  probably be heavily influenced by who is holding the gun.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Trump will build the wall and then increase legal immigration. Watch it happen. It is the way he rolls. He is not anti immigration he is anti illegal immigration and he is the type to prove it.

Controlled immigration good, uncontrolled immigration bad... I don't see him losing that one in the court or american public opinion. 

Isn't it somewhat naive to assume Trump or Clinton are able to make major decisions like this? 

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Isn't it somewhat naive to assume Trump or Clinton are able to make major decisions like this? 

Clinton yes - Trump not so much

Trump has given the impression of being the nearest thing to a dictator for quite a while now

Its quite a quandary

A president controlled by shady neoliberal warmongers or a potential Mussolini

A few months back (Feb/March) I stuck £50 on Trump to win at ridiculous long odds - 5 or 6/1 and then did a side bet a wee bit later on Hillary that covers the stake.

so yay, I might win 350 quid, but if I do we'll all be dead inside of a year.

the idea of trump actually becoming POTUS was ridiculous. Not that it couldn't happen, but what would come off the back of it.

a trump presidency is the back to the future 2 alternate future when biff has profited from 50 years of the almanac and Marty's mum has fake tïts, but on a national and then a global scale.

we will be dead in a year if he gets elected.

yay...

6 hours ago, neilser said:

Trump says he feels as good now as he did when he was 30. Which means when he was 30 he felt like an overweight, borderline obese 70 year old...

Who's shagging a pretty 45 year old... 

On 15 September 2016 at 2:09 AM, Rossy said:

I'm in America just now. It's mental.

Now I can understand why Ormond is like how he is.

We have friends visiting from the States who are still convinced that Trump has no chance, although the Clinton health thing did make them pause for thought a bit. Mind you they live in Mill Valley in California so, as they freely admit, what would they know about how that huge bit in the middle thinks/votes?

9 hours ago, brant grebner said:

the idea of trump actually becoming POTUS was ridiculous. Not that it couldn't happen, but what would come off the back of it.

a trump presidency is the back to the future 2 alternate future when biff has profited from 50 years of the almanac and Marty's mum has fake tïts, but on a national and then a global scale.

we will be dead in a year if he gets elected.

yay...

Pretty much.

9 hours ago, neilser said:

Trump says he feels as good now as he did when he was 30. Which means when he was 30 he felt like an overweight, borderline obese 70 year old...

Borderline obese? He is one fat cvnt, obese by any measure.

9 hours ago, neilser said:

On 14 September 2016 at 8:57 PM, thplinth said:

Stop pretending that you think it's a good thing fella. You're better than that. We're staring the endgame of humanity in the pus here.

If Trump gets elected I will bet he goes on to double term it and in the eyes of history ends up far more popular than Reagan...by a long way.

Trump's family will then become a political dynasty like the Kennedys...you've seen them how polished / trained they all are for the jobs.

Give him 4 years Brant. If he blows up the world then sure ok don't vote for him. Give the man a chance at least.

ps I am deadly serious - would you honestly vote foe Clinton?

Edited by thplinth

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

If Trump gets elected I will bet he goes on to double term it and in the eyes of history ends up far more popular than Reagan...by a long way.

Trump's family will then become a political dynasty like the Kennedys...you've seen them how polished / trained they all are for the jobs.

Give him 4 years Brant. If he blows up the world then sure ok don't vote for him. Give the man a chance at least.

ps I am deadly serious - would you honestly vote foe Clinton?

No I wouldn't vote for Clinton but it'a hard to see Trump being a popular president. Wall Street hates him.