Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Needed some time to get a feel for how this is going to influence things and am increasingly feeling it will not matter. What does not kill him makes him stronger.  Grab her by the pussy. Come on. It is becoming funny already. 

If he goes down he will go down swinging. No way he will pussy out. 

Watched it. Trump smashed it I thought.

Funny as he started quite poorly and this was not helped by the moderators who I thought started off very biased. Then it was weird at about the 20 minute mark he 'turns' and fights and after that he pretty much never looked back, a few moments where he was verbally clumsy but he dominated I thought. By the 29 min mark he is openly saying it is 3 v 1. 

People were saying game over a few days ago. How many times has this happened now. Unless they have another surprise up their sleeve I think he has passed the tape damage.

And yeah this tape thing has definitely unleashed him. 

Edited by thplinth

They had Remain a massive favourite as well.

But then also NO...

After going looking into how bookmaking works I am ignoring them. It can be skewed. 

Did you see all that mad anti Russia shit Clinton came out with. FFS really bizarre shit and very worrying should she win this. Neocon fruitcake of the highest grade.

Surprised Ally has not been on to comment on Melania pulling out all the stops for Donald.

melania-debate.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C2000

Edited by thplinth

Being honest I haven't seen all of it, as usual both side seems to think their own favourite won. From what I've seen, and commentary I've read, Trump certainly doesn't seem to have been as poor as he was in the first debate. Whether he made anything like the impact needed I doubt, I suspect his tactics will repel at least as many as they attract. The body language stuff, the way he paced around and didn't seem to know what to do with himself when Clinton was speaking, was strange. The looming over her was border line sinister, but I suspect he's just a weird bloke, that is becoming increasingly obvious as time goes on. But, incredibly, he really is still in it. 

19 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Surprised Ally has not been on to comment on Melania pulling out all the stops for Donald.

melania-debate.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C2000

It's cos im scared of her

This is her on 2 broke girls

Edited by Ally Bongo

10 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Being honest I haven't seen all of it, as usual both side seems to think their own favourite won. From what I've seen, and commentary I've read, Trump certainly doesn't seem to have been as poor as he was in the first debate. Whether he made anything like the impact needed I doubt, I suspect his tactics will repel at least as many as they attract. The body language stuff, the way he paced around and didn't seem to know what to do with himself when Clinton was speaking, was strange. The looming over her was border line sinister, but I suspect he's just a weird bloke, that is becoming increasingly obvious as time goes on. But, incredibly, he really is still in it. 

There is a good example of why you cannot trust anything the press are saying on this. I watched it all and this is just utter rubbish. It really is. Watch it for yourself if you doubt me. Totally pulled out of mid air bullshit. Watch the debate. Make your own mind up but if it turns out the media were lying to you then FFS learn from it and don't trust them the next time.

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

There is a good example of why you cannot trust anything the press are saying on this. I watched it all and this is just utter rubbish. It really is. Watch it for yourself if you doubt me. Totally pulled out of mid air bullshit. Watch the debate. Make your own mind up but if it turns out the media were lying to you then FFS learn from it and don't trust them the next time.

Pretty much none of that is accurate. I've watched most of it, roughly three-quarters, just didn't want to claim to have seen it all. Like many I've thought he is weird for years, I've  just never understood  how anyone could take him seriously. But I was genuinely surprised at just how strangely he was acting as I watched it this morning. Nothing to do with the commentary. I don't know if this pro-Trump thing you have going on is serious rather than a wind-up or not. Either way, I think we both feel the debates, so far, have made little difference.

Edited by Pool Q

In case you missed it prior to the debate Trump held a press conference with the 4 women who have accused Bill Clinton of raping / assaulting them. 

All four then sat in audience with Bill Clinton and watched the debate!

I know there was this theory kicking about the internet that Trump had made a golf course deal with Bill Clinton to defeat her republican enemies in the traps and then throw it for her but seriously does anyone think that now? FFS this is brutal stuff...

20 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Pretty much none of that is accurate. I've watched most of it, roughly three-quarters, just didn't want to claim to have seen it all. Like many I've thought he is weird for years, I've  just never understood  how anyone could take him seriously. But I was genuinely surprised at just how strangely he was acting as I watched it this morning. Nothing to do with the commentary. I don't know if this pro-Trump thing you have going on is serious rather than a wind-up or not. Either way, I think we both feel the debates, so far, have made little difference.

Seriously are you honestly coming out with this laughable crap about Trump's body language? Wow. Think man, is this maybe instead a sure sign of the utter hiding Hillary took in the debate and that all they have to fire back with is this hilarious body language shite? How desperate are the clinton butthurts right now that they reach for this, it is contrived.

And yeah once this went Clinton V Trump it became Trump must WIN. Does that make Trump Jesus. no just not Clinton. Plus I think Trump is actually much better than you realize. So however you slice it, Trump FFS. This is your last chance really. (not your personally)

edit: I have to remind myself that before trump went in I was convinced this would be Bush V Clinton. I would not be watching any of this if it were. All of this now is therefore a 'bonus'. At least we have a non neocon chance with Trump. Listen to Clinton drawing in Russia in that debate on two or maybe three times. She is mental.

Edited by thplinth

I think Trump is weird, and has looked increasingly so as the pressure has cranked up. My opinion. I find it hard to believe he is still in with a shout, but he is. Still think Clinton will win it, as I suspect last night is just about all Trump had left, but none of us can know at this stage. Which, considering Trump is one of the choices, is astonishing.

By the way I think the Clinton team have made a huge mistake releasing this tape of Trump talking lewdly (and that is all it is) as it has allowed Trump to unashamedly go for it on Bill & Hillary's totally fecked up past of rape accusations etc...

I dare say it was hideous couple of days there for Trump but now I think he is a pig in shit because you can cut this anyway you like but what the Clintons have done is orders of magnitude worse than anything Trump has. So the fact he can now go to town on it is a big gain for him. They have opened a new front that suits him a lot.

The only reason they are 'winning' is the media are propping it all up. Yet how can they be so outraged at what Trump has done and not the Clintons? Americans may be stupid but Trump is rubbing their noses in it here and a few will be thinking hmmm... These are presidential debates FFS.

So will the US public buy this anti trump pishola all the way to voting day. pfft, I am thinking even now they are seeing through it all.

Maybe Clinton will win. I just have a weird feeling the weird guy is weirdly going to win it. And then weirdly surprise us all in a weirdly good way.

Vote weird.

edit: releasing the tape was one mistake, releasing it before losing the debate instead of after losing it was a worse one.

Edited by thplinth

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Politics aside, any man who is happy to let another bloke call his daughter ' a piece of ass ', and agree with him,  is a creep of the highest order.  If that doesnt finish him off I dont know what will. 

This?

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/racism/trump-threatens-to-fine-anyone-who-releases-tape-of-him-saying-n-word-so-people-are-crowdfunding/

It is a pro Trump Fox news interviewer - but I think it sums up the debate quite well. Judge Janine(?) and Trump adviser Guiliani all seem very sure it is a massive win for Trump. It really was. He has pulled some serious moves here. Considering he was on the ropes this is going to 'endear' him further now. The loveable rougue...:lol:

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

By the way I think the Clinton team have made a huge mistake releasing this tape of Trump talking lewdly (and that is all it is) as it has allowed Trump to unashamedly go for it on Bill & Hillary's totally fecked up past of rape accusations etc...

I dare say it was hideous couple of days there for Trump but now I think he is a pig in shit because you can cut this anyway you like but what the Clintons have done is orders of magnitude worse than anything Trump has. So the fact he can now go to town on it is a big gain for him. They have opened a new front that suits him a lot.

The only reason they are 'winning' is the media are propping it all up. Yet how can they be so outraged at what Trump has done and not the Clintons? Americans may be stupid but Trump is rubbing their noses in it here and a few will be thinking hmmm... These are presidential debates FFS.

So will the US public buy this anti trump pishola all the way to voting day. pfft, I am thinking even now they are seeing through it all.

Maybe Clinton will win. I just have a weird feeling the weird guy is weirdly going to win it. And then weirdly surprise us all in a weirdly good way.

Vote weird.

edit: releasing the tape was one mistake, releasing it before losing the debate instead of after losing it was a worse one.

Which is fine if he was auditioning for the role of Roy Chubby Brown . And weird is fine is he was a relatively  benign character such as those on the 'weird neighbours ' thread. But he could be the next president of the US. 

You have got to be on the wind up thplinth. I enjoy your direct or leftfield posts but these views are off the radar. The guy is a throw back to the 50's. Mad Men indeed. 

I do concede the alternative is equally sinister right enough. 

People see what they want to see in these things - unless something spectacular happens, televised debates just reinforce people's positions.

'Pussy-gate' was never going to play for Hillary because of the way she stood by her charming husband during his extra-political activities. She went in there with her guns already spiked and the result was both predictable and unedifying.

She's got a number of problems, not least of which is fundamentally all she can pitch to the electorate is 'more of the same'. She's establishment through and through. Nowadays, many will vote for anything if it seems to go against the establishment (cf: brexit) and a maverick like Trump is perfect for an anti-establishment vote, even if he's half-unhinged and eminently dislikeable. An alternative like that is an electoral rarity.

Seems to me the result will depend on how many of those millions who never vote have decided to break the habit of a lifetime and register a up-the-lot-of-you vote for Trump, along with the raw-meat republicans who just want to defeat Clinton. Doubt it'll be enough, but who knows?

Why is no one talking about the flawed system that vomited out these two arseholes as the only candidates for the presidency of the US?

That needs fixed.

If Hilary gets in Syria and the middle east are fecked, escalation in hostility with the Russians very probable.

If Trump gets in the unelected government just wont play ball at all, the usual machinery of government grinding to a halt.

Seems the Nihilist party is winning the election.