Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

On 14/10/2016 at 1:24 PM, phart said:

I'm just about to put it on.

OK forgot i hadn't commented. He sounds so matter of fact. He also doesn't sound mental or anything like you'd think the press go on about him. Was a pretty lucid speech especially for the length of it.

4 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Is that the one where he talks about people warning him it would be hell, but he isn't going to hell he's going to heaven for what he has done? Border line Jesus complex, weird even for him. I've read a transcript of that one (I find him pretty much unwatchable for more than a few seconds) and it is full-on roaster territory.

Anyway, Trump has confounded expectation so often that it is probably rash to say he is finished, but he does seem to be moving into the blame and excuse stage. Election rigging, media bias, dirty tricks, reaching out directly to the conspiracy theorists. Etc. Predictable enough really. The saddest thing in all of this is that by having this ultimately unelectable, bullying, bigoted arsepiece out there, not nearly enough attention has been focussed on Clinton. It has been, and no doubt will be again before we're finished, dirty and beyond crazy, but unwittingly Trump has made, for most, Clinton's election not just possible but somehow essential. Simply because he is the alternative. That's fvcked up, and is, I suspect, how his campaign will be remembered. Along, of course, with disbelief anyone ever took it seriously.

I watched it and found it pretty lucid. Well listened to it, i was playing a game at the same time.

I think the best that can be said for the candidates is: they are both telling the truth about each other mostly.

I can't believe he's got this far with Make America Great Again, Build a Wall, we're going to make so many good deals like you've never seen.."  

It's pure character assassination but he left himself open.  Clinton will win with the biggest mandate ever and bizarrely be one of the most uninspiring Presidents there has ever been.

It's an interesting example of nationalism.  Small, largely unimportant nations are allowed to be proud of their country.  However, for big countries like America and England it's reviled and people that are tend to be on the right.  Make no comment on it really, just it's interesting.

26 minutes ago, phart said:

OK forgot i hadn't commented. He sounds so matter of fact. He also doesn't sound mental or anything like you'd think the press go on about him. Was a pretty lucid speech especially for the length of it.

That is how he is every time I have watched him talk. Every time. The amount of folk who don't like him who have never listened to a single speech is amazing. The impression the media gives of him is very different. It is like with the debate, you really do not know how he did listening to the mainstream media, you have to watch it for yourself as they are so reliably untrustworthy. After about the 20m mark he just cuffed her. the shit he was saying in that was also unprecedented.

Trump is saying shit I have never heard said by people in his position. This is what it is like with weeks to go... I also think he is right to suspect it is rigged. It sure as feck looks like it so far. Amazing seeing how naked the media are campaigning for Clinton. Even the debates were a stitch up and he still battered her last time out. If this had been even half balanced I am sure trump would be winning comfortably by now. They are propping her up big time and yet still he still in there with a chance. Trump is mentally tough as fhuck I'll give him that. I've warmed to him. I would suggest folk watch one speech and judge him for yourself.

4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Clinton will win with the biggest mandate ever and bizarrely be one of the most uninspiring Presidents there has ever been.

She would have to get 61% of the vote for that to happen & there is no chance of that

You are overlooking how many people in the USA despise her

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

I've warmed to him. I would suggest folk watch one speech and judge him for yourself.

I did watch it when you first posted it. He's reading from a teleprompter and has found a speechwriter who knows words like 'egregious' - I don't see it as evidence of innate lucidity. In the debates most of his statements have been pure word salad. I can understand folk preferring him to Clinton, but i don't understand them thinking he'll be anything other than an appalling president.

5 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I did watch it when you first posted it. He's reading from a teleprompter and has found a speechwriter who knows words like 'egregious' - I don't see it as evidence of innate lucidity. In the debates most of his statements have been pure word salad. I can understand folk preferring him to Clinton, but i don't understand them thinking he'll be anything other than an appalling president.

:lol: Never heard that expression.

Every time Trump says something, people tell me, I hear people are saying, you just know its utter shite.

He said the same about Obamas birth certificate, people told him it was fake, and he was going to prove it, then it all went quiet. The guy is an excellent liar, but he would be the most dangerous president ever.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Every time Trump says something, people tell me, I hear people are saying, you just know its utter shite.

He said the same about Obamas birth certificate, people told him it was fake, and he was going to prove it, then it all went quiet. The guy is an excellent liar, but he would be the most dangerous president ever.

It was Clinton's team in 2008 who put that out there. 2nd debate Kevino. He eviscerated her on that point if I recall.

I know, but he went on about if for years, and kept giving press statements about it. He sent top investigators, and had evidence, then it just stopped.

He is utterly delusional, and a compulsive liar. If he has proof that the election is rigged, release it, if he has evidence that Clinton is ill, release it, he is just throwing mud about and hoping it sticks.

Clinton is a terrible person, I dont even think Bill likes her, but she will just maintain the current American theme of raping the wee countries, and coercing her neighbours and allies, who knows what trouble Trump will cause.

America is a seriously fcked up country, almost makes the UK look decent, but Trump isnt going to change it for the better.

Trump is very intelligent and has a good team behind him. He paints himself as the anti establishment candidate, some of the things he says could have been lifted from an occupy Wall Street demo, however I don't buy it. What makes him unelectable and throughly unlikeable is his white American nationalism. 

Actually think he has a chance of winning though, he appeals to a large part of the US and I don't see anything Clinton does or says that will win these people over, she's not even trying. Does she realise how unlikeable she is as well?

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Clinton is a terrible person, I dont even think Bill likes her, but she will just maintain the current American theme of raping the wee countries, and coercing her neighbours and allies, who knows what trouble Trump will cause.

America is a seriously fcked up country, almost makes the UK look decent, but Trump isnt going to change it for the better.

yeah.... but....

if you lived there and could vote. (and I held a gun to your head blah blah and made you vote) who would it be?

Bill definitely does not like her, no one does. 

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

yeah.... but....

if you lived there and could vote. (and I held a gun to your head blah blah and made you vote) who would it be?

Bill definitely does not like her, no one does. 

Can I vote for Bernie..

Trump is currently 11/2 to win, and part of me actually thinks he can do it, part of me wants him to do it, just to see what the hell will happen. I think it might be like Brexit, where the dumb fckers just screw everyone over.

If he is the next POTUS, I wouldnt be surprised, but he may also be the last.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Can I vote for Bernie..

Trump is currently 11/2 to win, and part of me actually thinks he can do it, part of me wants him to do it, just to see what the hell will happen. I think it might be like Brexit, where the dumb fckers just screw everyone over.

If he is the next POTUS, I wouldnt be surprised, but he may also be the last.

They aren't dumb, well not anymore dumb that some other voters, people are pissed off, not everyone who voted for brexit is a dumb racist and what's happening now via the governments and media is arguably a punishment towards voters, reckon the UK would have did something similar if a yes vote got through in 2014. 

I am trying to get myself hooked up with a bookie so I can bet Trump. (Can I just say that my experiences so far of UK/Irish bookies is that they are khunts.) 5-1 was the last I saw.

The way I see it unless they have more 'surprises' up their sleeves he will garner momentum with every day between now and election day. 3 weeks is an eternity at this point. I think he is the value bet.

Not everyone is dumb, but vast numbers are, and in America, the percentage of dumb ass ignorant tossers is much higher than in the UK.

Boris, Nigel and the Out people could at least string a sentence together, have you heard what half of these people involved in Trumps campaign say, they are genuine idiots, from elected people like Chris Christie and  Rudy Guiliani, to spokespeople like that daft cow, and the daft twat that got sacked. They are illiterate buffoons, and they are in the campaign, no wonder half his 'followers' struggle with life.

Trumps an incredidbly intelligent chap, but he is one of the few.

Are these people any dumber or politically naive than those voting Clinton thinking she'll change their lives for the better? Or is a candidate for peace? 

Think people are so pissed they are willing to look beyond all the bullshit from Trumps campaign because they still bizarrely believe he's a voice for them. 

14 hours ago, phart said:

I watched it and found it pretty lucid. Well listened to it.

I find that surprising, but each to their own. Having commented I made myself watch it, in case he brings it to life a bit with his delivery. Or something. If anything it is even worse, wooden reading off of a teleprompter of a leaden and uninspiring speech, mainly excuses and blame, interspersed with bizarre little verbal and physical mannerisms. Not pleasant. Word salad as Donny says, a term incidentally I first heard used by commentators over the weekend. Trump is no orator. Which would be OK if he had anything of substance to say, but he doesn't. His is a campaign built on animosity to Clinton (fair enough) and an appeal to the lowest common denominator in much of white America. Unless there is something that he has up his sleeve (or Wiki, or whoever), he is looking like a busted flush. But we'll see in a couple of weeks.