Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 28 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Isn't the term 'evil' being bandied around rather too easily here? How many US secretaries of state for the past 50 years have not been evil if involvement in displacement and slaughter is the criterion?

Very few, in the past 30 years, i'd say. I think "involvement in displacement and slaughter" is quite a fair criterion, don't you?  

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Being part of a government that has killed thousands of them. 

*Hundreds of thousands and believes the deaths were "worth it".

Edited by Parklife

4 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I get all this lads but why do you think Trump would be any better?  He's said the opposite and is outwardly aggressive to Muslims.

He's a wildcard so it's almost impossible to say he would be better or worse. 

There is the question, does it even matter who is elected? How much control do they really have? 

Obama droned more people than Bush and he was the peace candidate. 

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I guess if someone told me the same about Obama in 2008 I wouldn't have believed them. 

True. I'm the same. I guess i just wanted him to be different.

16 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I get all this lads but why do you think Trump would be any better?  He's said the opposite and is outwardly aggressive to Muslims.

I guess we don't know. What we do know is that he doesn't seem interested in warring with Russia and China, which is the path the USA currently seems to be on.  

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He's a wildcard so it's almost impossible to say he would be better or worse. 

There is the question, does it even matter who is elected? How much control do they really have? 

Obama droned more people than Bush and he was the peace candidate. 

He got the Nobel peace prize FFS :lol: 

2 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Isn't the term 'evil' being bandied around rather too easily here? How many US secretaries of state for the past 50 years have not been evil if involvement in displacement and slaughter is the criterion?

Evil doesn't really exist.

Cyrus Vance under Carter wasn't too bad.

This is the gold standard though, so it's pretty high stakes, although blaming the position as opposed to the person might be stretching it. The persons innate personality might make them a match for the job,they have what it takes "to do the job".

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

If we're looking at the welfare of Muslims voting in the person who's department has been systematically disrupting, arming foreign mercenaries and invading predominately Shia Muslim in countries while giving military aid to the Saudi's as they starve Yemen, might not be a good idea.

However feck knows what Trump would do, so i guess it could be worse.

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I guess if someone told me the same about Obama in 2008 I wouldn't have believed them. 

I said it at the time. I didnt buy his hope, I said he would be just the same as every other president, his skin colour wouldnt matter, nor would Hilarys sex. Still safer than Trump though

So Donna Brazile of the DNC sent Hilary's campaign manager Podesta an email days in advance of the 2nd debate and offered him a debate question VERBATIM. FFS folks...

People wonder what Trump says when it is a rigged election... stuff like this.

Watch Brazile squirm under heavy scrutiny by Megan Kelly... fist few mins. Interesting conversation after as well.

Edited by thplinth

I like this guy Watson... especially in this one.

"Dear Mainstream Media

You fhucking suck balls."

Another short vid with which I agree with ever damn word.

Pretty much sums up my own views at this point on the Trump v Clinton choice to a tee.

And I'd thoroughly recommend you watch Trump's speech at Gettysburg. If you have never watched one watch this one. Why not? It is only 40 mins long and starts at the approx 1 hour 38 min mark on this vid.

He is now promising to dismantle the mainstream media. Bless him.

Edited by thplinth

Interesting interview with Tony Schwartz on BBC PM programme earlier (available on the BBC website). Ghost writer of The Art of the Deal, which basically means he wrote it of course. Essentially says Trump is a complete roaster who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, something (he says) he made clear in the book for anyone with eyes to see it. Now an advisor to Clinton, something he does foc as 'penance' for his role in the creation of the Trump myth. 

Not sure what to think. The media barely said anything negative about Trump during the primary but now he's against their pick, he's the worst person in the world.

He might be but , no way is Clinton the chosen one as the media will have us believe. 

Watching Michelle Obama indorce Clinton and the media reaction was vomit worthy. 

At rhe point of almost wanting Trump to win just to get it up the media and everyone else it's that bad. 

With only a few exceptions the media has been vocally 100% hostile to Trump since the start, very much including the primaries. The suggestion that they 'barely said anything negative about Trump during the primary' is so far from the reality that it is difficult to know what to say. It is just plain wrong. That said, as soon as Trump won the nomination it was obviously ratcheted up several notches, it always is once a candidate becomes subject to the full glare of national, daily scrutiny, and the target of the opposing parties resources, as opposed to what his or her mostly hapless opponents can come up with in each individual primary. The real Trump legacy is that so determined has much of the media and the political class been to stop him getting elected (and there are issues around that), as a result a politician like Clinton looks like being elected with far too little real scrutiny. In many years she would probably have been unelectable; not this year, once Trump won the nomination.