Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

More emails. FBI reopening their investigations. Just when you thought the game was over!

J

Technically the investigation was never closed so the "reopening" is a red herring

The FBI initially reviewed 30,000 emails

They found 3 more in an unrelated investigation which Clinton did not withhold

The NY times is the source to follow for an accurate description of events

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Technically the investigation was never closed so the "reopening" is a red herring

The FBI initially reviewed 30,000 emails

They found 3 more in an unrelated investigation which Clinton did not withhold

The NY times is the source to follow for an accurate description of events

So this is all just newspaper sale fodder and click bate.

J

21 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

So this is all just newspaper sale fodder and click bate.

J

More or less IMO

If the initial investigation didnt end with an indictment then this wont

FBI Director Comey is coming under a lot of scrutiny

The FBI are supposed to be "beyond politics"

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

With only a few exceptions the media has been vocally 100% hostile to Trump since the start, very much including the primaries. The suggestion that they 'barely said anything negative about Trump during the primary' is so far from the reality that it is difficult to know what to say. It is just plain wrong. That said, as soon as Trump won the nomination it was obviously ratcheted up several notches, it always is once a candidate becomes subject to the full glare of national, daily scrutiny, and the target of the opposing parties resources, as opposed to what his or her mostly hapless opponents can come up with in each individual primary. The real Trump legacy is that so determined has much of the media and the political class been to stop him getting elected (and there are issues around that), as a result a politician like Clinton looks like being elected with far too little real scrutiny. In many years she would probably have been unelectable; not this year, once Trump won the nomination.

I don't think it's that far from reality, there's some evidence from the leaked emails that Clintons team and the media actually promoted the extreme candidates from the GOP, Cruz, Carson and Trump because they thought they would be ideal opponents in the election. 

How the media have treated Trump from the primary's to now is night and day I think. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don't think it's that far from reality, there's some evidence from the leaked emails that Clintons team and the media actually promoted the extreme candidates from the GOP, Cruz, Carson and Trump because they thought they would be ideal opponents in the election. 

How the media have treated Trump from the primary's to now is night and day I think. 

They must feel daft now; would've probably had an easier, certainly more predictable, ride against what they took to be the more 'mainstream' Republicans, though I wonder if such a mainstream exists any more.

I know what you mean about the media's stance (the media I read at least) making a Trump win seem tempting, but then I remember that third debate where he stood there and said: "Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody" and I just think "Fûck off!" Maybe Clinton thinks the bulk of the electorate are thick as shìt too, but she doesn't make it so blatant.

The way the US Constitution works, with its rigid structure of checks and balances, means that it's very hard for a President to get his or her way domestically (which is why the nomination of the next Supreme Court judges is so central to the current debate - not that every presidential nominee is guaranteed the seat). Presidents have a much freer hand in foreign policy and so they seem to take out their frustrations there. I think we know what we'll get with Clinton - we may not like it, but it's Realpolitik. With Trump, who has no real interest in foreign policy as far as I can tell, who knows? But I somehow doubt it would usher in an era of world peace.

Edited by DonnyTJS

Yeah here is what Hilary Clinton former department is up to, and what she supports. Although not hearing Trump say stupid shit is "worth the price".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/heart-wrenching-photos-document-malnutrition-yemen-article-1.2846833?utm_content=buffer90107&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Aye, that's a precise and nuanced summation of my post...

If I thought that a Trump presidency would lead to a more enlightened US foreign policy, I'd be all for it. I don't think that, and part of the reason I don't think that is that he says stupid shit. I simply don't have any faith that he will carry through anything he says. Same as this guy ...

thplinth

• thplinth
  •  
  • 4,791 posts

I like this guy Watson

Come on man. Paul Joseph Watson is a weirdo er hack

Listen to him speak - he's a bona fide self aggrandizing factless shouty quasi fascist just like Alex Jones

The alt-right love him because he's "exotic" - ie not Mexican.

Listen to his opinions on UK and EU politics and he's completely lacking in understanding.

His schtick is being a more reactionary slightly-Yorkshire accented Alex Jones. that shouts dumb#### mid Atlantic accented bollocks about anyone who is non hetero, pro immigrant and non christian deserves to die.

He makes Siobhan Macfadyen seem like Mother Theresa.

off with yer pish that he's in any way a rationale character - he's a big tolley keech fandan that deserves a thoughtless dose of full blown ####wit AIDS

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Aye, that's a precise and nuanced summation of my post...

If I thought that a Trump presidency would lead to a more enlightened US foreign policy, I'd be all for it. I don't think that, and part of the reason I don't think that is that he says stupid shit. I simply don't have any faith that he will carry through anything he says. Same as this guy ...

No it wasn't i'm just showing you the human cost of US foreign policy as it stands under Hilary/Obama. Starving 14 million people to death is totally fecked up, the same way as Hilary's pal Albright thought it was OK to go on TV and say the death of 500,000 children was worth the political price.

There's levels to depravity for me Trump as Clinton aren't even same level. Now it might be cause Trump hasn't had the opportunity to starve an entire country to death and would jump at the chance.

5 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

Scotland's economy sucks so bad, its biggest exports are mediocre whiskey and heroin addicts. The EU and Scotland deserve each other.

he's a clueless right wing arse

He's a shill.

Ally listening to Kurt Eichenwald  won't make you more informed. I noticed you copying verbatim what he has said. That's why i made the comment.

47 minutes ago, phart said:

He's a shill.

Ally listening to Kurt Eichenwald  won't make you more informed. I noticed you copying verbatim what he has said. That's why i made the comment.

I realise that however i made sure that the article that he was referring to in the NY Times was not written by him before i did relate his comments - only because he summed up the article better than i could have !

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I realise that however i made sure that the article that he was referring to in the NY Times was not written by him before i did relate his comments - only because he summed up the article better than i could have !

So it's only 3 emails? As he said? Just Adam Goldman from the NYT is saying it's 10's of thousands.

Edited by phart

10 minutes ago, phart said:

So it's only 3 emails? As he said? Just Adam Goldman from the NYT is saying it's 10's of thousands.

Is that not the 30,000 emails originally investigated after which they decided not to indict ?

These new ones were found on the phone of Anthony Weiner who they were investigating for lewd texts to a minor i thought

Dont get me wrong - i am in no way defending her and cannot believe that she hasnt been indicted

My main point is if they decided not to after the initial investigation i cant see why they would with these new few

Just getting our hopes up

Edit - Just read his timeline. surely there are not another ten or so thousand emails uncovered ? Does a phone have enough memory for that lol

Is there another phone ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

26 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is that not the 30,000 emails originally investigated after which they decided not to indict ?

These new ones were found on the phone of Anthony Weiner who they were investigating for lewd texts to a minor i thought

Dont get me wrong - i am in no way defending her and cannot believe that she hasnt been indicted

My main point is if they decided not to after the initial investigation i cant see why they would with these new few

Just getting our hopes up

Edit - Just read his timeline. surely there are not another ten or so thousand emails uncovered ? Does a phone have enough memory for that lol

Is there another phone ?

Yeah she was sending emails to the phone he was using to sexting a 15 year old, what a world. So when they searched his phone they found emails from Hilary, how many is the point of contention.

I'm making no claims, Kurt said it was only 3 emails, i'm asking is that the case cause Adam Goldman of the NYT is saying it is 10's of thousands. I have no idea which one it is!

Yeah I can't see an indictment either, but what a clusterfeck from both of them, has there ever been two worse candidates. the system for picking is broken, it needs to be fixed before next election cycle.

13 hours ago, brant grebner said:

thplinth

• thplinth
  •  
  • 4,791 posts

I like this guy Watson

Come on man. Paul Joseph Watson is a weirdo er hack

Listen to him speak - he's a bona fide self aggrandizing factless shouty quasi fascist just like Alex Jones

The alt-right love him because he's "exotic" - ie not Mexican.

Listen to his opinions on UK and EU politics and he's completely lacking in understanding.

His schtick is being a more reactionary slightly-Yorkshire accented Alex Jones. that shouts dumb#### mid Atlantic accented bollocks about anyone who is non hetero, pro immigrant and non christian deserves to die.

He makes Siobhan Macfadyen seem like Mother Theresa.

off with yer pish that he's in any way a rationale character - he's a big tolley keech fandan that deserves a thoughtless dose of full blown ####wit AIDS

I had quite a big reply penned out to you there man and just binned it. Can't believe you posted that shit to be honest. 

But just one question for you Brant on the video I posted (entitled "Dear Mainstream Media... You fhucking suck balls".)

What part did you disagree with? 

I find the reaction to Trump on here as equally eyeopening trust me. Lots of blah blah from some folk on how they media is corrupt but when it comes down to it they swallow bigly.

Ok regained my will to post...

I was trying to post some vid full of black people loving trump but stupidly decided to edit it and then lost the lot. Tablets can suck a cock. 

Really don't understand the hostility to Trump.

He is offering you every damn thing we need done and you are all...

"oh no he is not quite packaged right". So let's default to Satan...

ARE YOU FOR REAL?! ARSEHOLES!!!! ;)

I am endorsing Donald Trump 100%.

Edited by thplinth
spelling maistake on ARESHOLES!!