Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 42 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

9 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Thought about this the other day about doing a double trump to win us election  and Scotland to beat England your man the plinth was right all a long he's most likely having a massive ham shank to the Donald right now 

I said that this morn, wish id done it.

57 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

what's the odds on his head exploding in public within the next 18 months?

???

At the end of the day the US voters had two choices - Trump or Clinton.

Clearly, Trump has underlying issues with many for his outlandish views on Hispanics, women, trade deals and such-like. Clinton though is even worse. Dabbled in darker things (murder) and I think she showed herself up for what she was - just another shady old school politician.

Clinton had the experience as a politician but look at the campaign she fought. She spent £3 billion on her campaign on crazy stunt like getting starts to champion her cause and all she did was try her best to go on about how bad a man Trump was. I heard nothing about her policies at all - not a sausage and lurking in the background she had her bigamist husband to muddy things further. Trump spent a fraction on his campaign and he spoke a better campaign and I reckon voters voted for him as he put more of his cards on the table and he has spoken of the corruption in politics he wants to eradicate which voters will like as well. In short he was more transparent whilst Clinton seemed to be more content to bank on people voting for her out of the fact people didn't like Trump and disregarding more important things such as policies.

Sure Trump comes across as a frightening prospect as president with dubious morals but now he has been elected then lets see what he can do before hanging, drawing and quartering him.

You could have got 8/1 very recently. Just after pussygate I think. But prior to that and even after he was nominated  I saw 12/1. A couple of weeks ago it was 5/1. I was going to bet but gave up dealing with those online bookie whankers. Never in my life have I experienced a bigger shower of pricks than them. Crazy odds. Same as brexit and same as the referendum which for me now is the outlier result. I am very suspicious of the No now after these last two. The khunts were celebrating at 10.01.

37 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sure Trump comes across as a frightening prospect as president with dubious morals but now he has been elected then lets see what he can do before hanging, drawing and quartering him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-president-policy-immigration-agenda-healthcare

Half the things he promised to do are impossible, the other half are unconstitutional. 

So I wonder when Barbara Streisand, Cher, Neyo and Miley Cyrus and the like are going to emigrate?

No doubt they'll have been lying before the election and end up doing the complete opposite after the election like a politician. Just like they'll be the first to scream, stamp their feet and spit the dummy if The Don doesn't live up to his promises if you can call them that

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-president-policy-immigration-agenda-healthcare

Half the things he promised to do are impossible, the other half are unconstitutional. 

And Clinton never made it clear what she intended to do.

Both are distasteful but looking at the campaigning I can see why more voted for Trump than her.

We can go on and on about Russia, trade deals, immigration, racism and big business all we want, but the truth is that the poorest in American society are not going to be better off as the result of a Trump presidency and the fact that he has made them believe that they will be is the biggest tragedy of all. Whether Clinton would have made a difference for the poorest is certainly debatable, but they have been conned here and they'll realise is it soon enough.

Edited by Mox

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

We can go on and on about Russia, trade deals, immigration, racism and big business all we want, but the truth is that the poorest in American society are not going to be better off as the result of a Trump presidency and the fact that he has made them believe that they will be is the biggest tragedy of all. Whether Clinton would have made a difference for the poorest is certainly debatable, but they have been conned here and they'll realise is it soon enough.

Exactly.

Trump got the protest vote of the uneducated, angry, white underclass by spouting uncosted, illogical, impossible 'promises'. 

He's going to make the Brexit vote seem like a miracle of organised planning.

28 minutes ago, Mox said:

Correct, and what will Trump's answer be when those poor working-class Americans start asking why he hasn't delivered? His massive ego won't allow him to blame himself, so he'll blame the 'other'. Mexicans/Muslims/unpatriotic-Americans no doubt.

This is how fascism begins.

Here is an alternative scenario... Trump wins again in 4 years and this time by a bigger margin. Once he leaves office after 8 years he and his family then go on to become the next big political dynasty in America after the Kennedys, the Bushes, the Clintons... look at his kids each one looks capable of running for president come of age (even now!), it is like he has been breeding a factory of future presidential candidates now i look again. Ivanka will probably be the first woman president in an ironic twist. 

Trump will go down in memory as more popular than Reagan. Why? Think of it this way, Trump is very vain if that works for you who dislike him... so the most important thing for him will to be loved and to remembered as a great president. This is why he will really 'serve' like no president has in a long long time. He will really work, his work ethic will be impressive and most importantly Trump by previous candidate standards really owes no one for him being where is now. He did it himself, he is his own man. The first president in God knows how long who is beholden to no one. So he will make sure he is loved. And if he achieves that goal then  his kids will be running be sure of it. And they will win... I suggest they avoid piloting light aircraft for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Here is an alternative scenario... Trump wins again in 4 years and this time by a bigger margin. Once he leaves office after 8 years he and his family then go on to become the next big political dynasty in America after the Kennedys, the Bushes, the Clintons... look at his kids each one looks capable of running for president come of age (even now!), it is like he has been breeding a factory of future presidential candidates now i look again. Ivanka will probably be the first woman president in an ironic twist. 

Trump will go down in memory as more popular than Reagan. Why? Think of it this way, Trump is very vain if that works for you who dislike him... so the most important thing for him will to be loved and to remembered as a great president. This is why he will really 'serve' like no president has in a long long time. He will really work, his work ethic will be impressive and most importantly Trump by previous candidate standards really owes no one for him being where is now. He did it himself, he is his own man. The first president in God knows how long who is beholden to no one. So he will make sure he is loved. And if he achieves that goal then  his kids will be running be sure of it. And they will win... I suggest they avoid piloting light aircraft for the foreseeable future.

Surely he's beholden to the millions of voters who believed his campaign promises ?

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Surely he's beholden to the millions of voters who believed his campaign promises ?

Of course, I am talking about people who financed him into office. You can't buy Trump is my point. The Clintons by contrast are graspers like the Blairs.

And I understand that Trump received a huge amount of small donations versus Clinton again suggesting he had huge grass roots support versus her big special interest backers.

21 minutes ago, phart said:

Like Obama when he said he'd close Gitmo and get out of Iraq, or how he won the peace prize and increased nuclear proliferation?

Well thplinth you were right again. We were wrong.

Ha ha. Well I am not doing this anymore phart! This was an unpleasant one. A few folk were lining up to make it personal there and it was only being right that saved me (once again ;)). 

On a personal note the last 16 years have filled me with political dread. I now actually feel like we are slowly exiting a very long and very dark tunnel. 

The only fly in the ointment was the NO. That one felt exactly the same as this one but the result was weird. I wonder had it been Donald Trump in charge of the SNP if he would have accepted the NO... Well the prycks would never have even tried half the pish they did had he been. Next time we go we better be channelling the Trump, he knows how to scrap overwhelming odds and win. 

Edited by thplinth

I loathed Anne Coulter when she was cheer leading GWB but hats off to her. June last year.

Called it and explained why. 

edit: and that is the really funny thing about this... had they picked Bernie he would have had a better chance of beating Trump. His polling v Trump was much stronger than Clintons before they cheated him out of the nomination. The democrats are twats.

edit2: still think Trump would have adapted and found a way to beat Bernie but too many ifs... 

Edited by thplinth

Have to disagree with Thplinth on Trump being a success

I really cant see how he is going to bring the USA together

This is one of the most exciting nights of my life -> make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump! #MAGA

And also Trumps ascendency has been a true baptism of fire.

He is a political babe and yet incredibly battle hardend (his business background helped him here). No way can he be in any doubt about the vast array of bawbags out there who hate him and who would really like him to fail. Most people would piss their pants at the prospect but Trump seems to feed on it. Someone said yes he is a bully but he is our bully. He will bully the bullies. Trump is a bruiser but a good guy. 

Time Cover.

final-election-cover.jpg?quality=85&w=11

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Ha ha. Well I am not doing this anymore phart! This was an unpleasant one. A few folk were lining up to make it personal there and it was only being right that saved me (once again ;)). 

I don't think i rushed to judgement on it. Didn't think it was likely though, I thought he was winning very early in the night though, once i saw the numbers.

Being right is the best salve for any burns.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

He is a political babe and yet incredibly battle hardend (his business background helped him here). No way can he be in any doubt about the vast array of bawbags out there who hate him and who would really like him to fail. Most people would piss their pants at the prospect but Trump seems to feed on it. Someone said yes he is a bully but he is our bully. He will bully the bullies. Trump is a bruiser but a good guy. 

There is a reason many people are concerned and it's not because they are bawbags - it's because of the rhetoric he has used in the last year throughout the campaign.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that if any of that rhetoric is backed up by action now he is President, which there is no reason to think it wont, then the USA will be in deep shit and it is reasonable for many to hope he does fail.

I hope that you are right and he does turn out to be a different President than candidate trying to win votes but he is not off to a great start

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

I have to admit though that i would have felt more deflated today if Clinton had won which is a strange feeling