Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Reversal of climate change commitments is a key cornerstone of trumps growth plans and job creation. Trump is a total cynic of Global Warming. He is appointing an oil and gas executive to head up the the Energy dept. Jobs vs destruction of the planet. Short term win for Trump. I neither think Trump is left or right but he certainly made overtly populist promises to bring back manufacturing jobs to states such as Michigan and Ohio which are slowly being watered down by his team. How long it will take for the public to smell the coffee is anyone's guess. His proposals to cut taxes will be a complete disaster and will favour a marginal elite.

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I haven't seen Grace Dent since she used to do the Big Brother Blog for Big Brother 2.

EDIT: She's still doing them it seems or was last year. I used to read it each week on digital spy i think it was.

Edited by phart

10 minutes ago, phart said:

I haven't seen Grace Dent since she used to do the Big Brother Blog for Big Brother 2.

EDIT: She's still doing them it seems or was last year. I used to read it each week on digital spy i think it was.

I would say she has excellent chebs but i wont as it would be inappropriate in this context ....

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

I would say she has excellent chebs but i wont as it would be inappropriate in this context ....

Can't really mind what she looked like, just used to like the first couple of big brothers before it went all celebrity, she used to write a decent blog at the time, hadn't seen the name in ages.

Wow that was the most hysterical pish I've read in quite some time. She also comes across as a real man hater. Massive chips on her shoulder as well as massive chebs. 

First line...

"There is forever, to my mind, something creepily off-colour about male indignation over abortion." And from there she works with assumption it is only men who are ever 'pro life'. Totally sexist article in many ways. Funny how the ones who shout the loudest about sexism and racism are usually the worst offenders themselves. They think their shit does not stink or something.

"“Pro-life” is a neat, prissy phrase that amounts to nothing."

Oh well then that is that then. Why not make abortions legal up to the child hits sixteeen then. After all their life amounts to nothing. What a mental case.

"And neither could most pro-life men, because this whole merry-go-round is never about God, or the sanctity of life, it is merely about controlling women. Keep them pregnant, keep them in the kitchen, keep them scared of being thought of as slutty, keeping them God-fearing and law-fearing."

Wow just wow... explains a lot.:lol:

Edited by thplinth

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Her article is bang on and you know it but you are at a stage that you are determined to defend Trump to the last breath

FFS man. Bang on and I know it. That is one of the poorest articles I have ever seen in a newspaper and that is saying something. It is atrocious and misandrist shite of the highest order. The author is a borderline moron and barely disguised bigot and that is me being kind. If you think that is bang on and worse that you actually think I would agree with it then you are badly out of touch here. I think it is intellectual arse gravy. I really do.

Seems to me you are the one tripping over yourself to write off Trump as this or that and he is barely been President elect for a few days. Red flags but no evidence. Smears without any substance. And then when I am forced to point out it is guff, "I am determined to defend Trump no matter what". Aye ok mate. 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

FFS man. Bang on and I know it. That is one of the poorest articles I have ever seen in a newspaper and that is saying something. It is atrocious and misandrist shite of the highest order. The author is a borderline moron and barely disguised bigot and that is me being kind. If you think that is bang on and worse that you actually think I would agree with it then you are badly out of touch here. I think it is intellectual arse gravy. I really do.

Seems to me you are the one tripping over yourself to write off Trump as this or that and he is barely been President elect for a few days. Red flags but no evidence. Smears without any substance. And then when I am forced to point out it is guff, "I am determined to defend Trump no matter what". Aye ok mate. 

You are the only one here playing the man and not the ball 

Pro Life ?

There are some positives from Trump, Brexit etc.  There is an issue with globalisation and liberal economic policies leaving people behind. A backlash and expecting more protectionism may not be a bad thing.  Is it really clever to outsource work to eastern europe away from Scotland as happened to a company in the central belt recently?  Ups and downs but that way lies ruin for many parts of Scotland.  Starts with manufacturing, then it'll be service centres.  We are not above the rust belts when it comes to this.  I cannot for the life of me think why anyone who only cares about cold cash, as rules are, would not invest in Baltic or developed Balkan states over Scotland.  We're on a ticking time bomb.  I don't see where the growth comes from in this economy.  50 years we're going to see the gap between north and eastern europe narrow like nothing else. 

In no way do I think the above outweighs the negatives but we have to make what's best of it.  Race and social issues are largely already baked into society now; certainly in the UK.  We're not going back on gay marriage etc, and the youth of today don't have the baggage of their older generation when it comes to race.  However, on an economic level many reasonable people want a change.  

That said it's easier for a white man to look on the bright side.  

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You are the only one here playing the man and not the ball 

You what! Your entire critique of Trump is playing the man and not the ball. 

Well I think this thread has run its course for me. :lol:

I will leave you to post your Chomsky articles and deep political analyses from Grace I'm not bitter Dent. BTW no khunt listens to Chomsky anymore Ally but no doubt you actually think I think he is 'bang on' too but keep it secret because I don't want to damage Donald's reputation on the TAMB. 

Grace Dent:

The deep irony of “abortion” is that if men as well as women were able to get pregnant, this tedious issue would have fizzled out circa-1100, possibly around the time of the establishment of universities. 

I agree with that. If men could get pregnant the whole world would be pro-choice. 

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

Well I think this thread has run its course for me. :lol:

Surely you are not going to miss the opportunity of gloating when DJT proves you right again and is a roaring success ?

I know i wouldnt :lol:

I was curious if those who got it wrong about Trump would now give him a fair crack but the media reaction to Bannon tells me they are going to be continuing with exactly the same nonsense as before. They tried unsuccessfully to smear Trump and now it will be his appointees. Anne Coulter pretty much sums up my position on this going forward.

But one last amusing tidbit from this election... this guy really is impressive and this short interview with Megan Kelly is a fascinating insight into one of the big ways how the Trump campaign won. 

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/15/donald-trumps-digital-guru-explains-how-they-won-election

Now have a good laugh reading this... deary me.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-secret-behind-trump-s-comically-bad-digital-campaign

The problem with the anti-semitic label is the fact that anyone who opposes Israeli policy is pretty much labelled as such. If they happen to be Jewish, they get called a self hating jew.

There are bigots out there who hate Jews, but there are also people that just hate Israeli policy, both get the same name so it makes it hard to distinguish.