Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 60 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

41 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

That's it then.

Nice tartan scarves on the choir anyway...

Nobody over here would understand what the word tartan is. They call it plaid but pronounce it plad. It drives me insane! Even when you explain to them they tell me I'm wrong. :banghead:

23 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Nobody over here would understand what the word tartan is. They call it plaid but pronounce it plad. It drives me insane! Even when you explain to them they tell me I'm wrong. :banghead:

:lol: Reminds of a story the Mrs tells me of having dinner with an American client in Como. This lady ordered the zabaglione then proceeded to complain and send it back because apparently it was NOT zabaglione (as she got in the States) :wtf:

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

:lol: Reminds of a story the Mrs tells me of having dinner with an American client in Como. This lady ordered the zabaglione then proceeded to complain and send it back because apparently it was NOT zabaglione (as she got in the States) :wtf:

Have you ever watched the Russell Crowe movie set in Southern France? There's a scene with two fat, stupid Yanks. It's rather funny. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Have you ever watched the Russell Crowe movie set in Southern France? There's a scene with two fat, stupid Yanks. It's rather funny. :lol:

'The nearest McDonalds is in Avignon'.....:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

'The nearest McDonalds is in Avignon'.....:lol:

ALL SAID IN AN ANNOYING YANK TWANG.

WOMAN: Oh, do you speak American? 
'Cause this menu is all in French  and we don't understand it. 

MAN: Yeah,we need some silverware.   But,uh,let me tell you what I would like to have.   Mm-hmm. 

WOMAN: I would like a salad ''Nicoisee...''   with ranch dressing on it.  

MAN: Wait,wait,baby,low-cal ranch dressing. 

WOMAN: Oh,that's right. I'm still on my diet.   So,I would like low-cal ranch dressing with no oil and could you sprinkle some bacon bits on top? 
RUSSELL CROWE: (French accent): McDonald's is in Avignon,  fish and chips, Marseille. Allez!

:lol:

On 15 January 2016 at 1:13 PM, DonnyTJS said:

I've been thinking for a while that the only rational explanation of the Trump phenomenon is that he's simply ripping the piss out of his fellow Americans. The whole campaign could just be the greatest work of satire since Swift's 'A Modest Proposal'.

Whatever the case, it's a constant test of Poe's Law...

I thought this too and continued to think this until today.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

I had to keep a straight face not long ago when explaining to a (well educated) American colleague that like most people in Scotland I spoke English (and only English) on a day to day basis -  she'd asked me in all seriousness whether I usually spoke English. I suspect that she may have confused Scotland with Ireland and didn't take umbrage at the obvious implication that she'd understood from hearing me speak that I was struggling to get by in a second language.

39 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Congratulations to Donald J. Trump.

First day in Office, and already one of the greatest Presidents in the history of The United States of America! :ok:

C2oA_0zUsAA8J5a.jpg