Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 71 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

"so called" judge ?

Above the law ?

The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

It's weird that Trump can't put a temporary ban from certain countries without the courts intervening. Yet Obama can set up extra-judicial drone assassination squads that kill Americans without due process. Or Torture in gitmo under Bush and Obama. Or Clinton starving 500,000 Iraqi's under the age of 5, where were the courts then?

Don't get me wrong i'd have the courts intervening in all this. Just wondering where the due process was then.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

It's weird that Trump can't put a temporary ban from certain countries without the courts intervening. Yet Obama can set up extra-judicial drone assassination squads that kill Americans without due process. Or Torture in gitmo under Bush and Obama. Or Clinton starving 500,000 Iraqi's under the age of 5, where were the courts then?

Don't get me wrong i'd have the courts intervening in all this. Just wondering where the due process was then.

Im no expert on it but i'd imagine it's all to do with the US Constitution

The three examples not happening in the USA maybe ?

Trump has already replicated the first and seems to want to reinstate the second

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Im no expert on it but i'd imagine it's all to do with the US Constitution

The three examples not happening in the USA maybe ?

Trump has already replicated the first and seems to want to reinstate the second

Well if the American government is killing American citizens without due process(which has happened) i imagine that is covered by the Constitution.

I've mentioned it before, probably on this thread; it's a hangover from the English constitutional settlement. The executive has far more autonomy over foreign affairs than domestic. The legislature's main check is its control of the purse-strings. The judiciary has little say whatsoever. The killing of US citizens abroad would be another matter if someone were willing to bring a case.

The big question is what happens, which surely will, when there is a terrorist attack in the USA ?

It's as if he is willing it

He really should get the fook away from twitter

Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!

2 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

I've mentioned it before, probably on this thread; it's a hangover from the English constitutional settlement. The executive has far more autonomy over foreign affairs than domestic. The legislature's main check is its control of the purse-strings. The judiciary has little say whatsoever. The killing of US citizens abroad would be another matter if someone were willing to bring a case.

So it's a lack of political will. Just the travel ban seems innocuous in context of breaching the constitution, compared to other administrations and even compared to police search and siezure, the eroding of 4th amendment etc.  It feels hysteria driven. The Patriot act and subsequent additions have been waved through.

Don't get me wrong I love this level of scrutiny on governments but the world could have done with it the last wee while as well though. If Trump put up the plan for invading Iraq that we got in 2003 it would have rightfully been ripped to shreds as the scrutiny would be through the roof.

If the courts can contain his crazier shit and we survive it, least America will be more awake politically for a bit.

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The big question is what happens, which surely will, when there is a terrorist attack in the USA ?

It's as if he is willing it

He really should get the fook away from twitter

Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!

During the campaign he showed that he has no understanding of the Constitution (eg: saying there'd be term-limits on Congress). Questioning the judiciary like this is incredibly dumb; it undermines the most basic structures upon which the country's governance is based. Executive orders are subject to judicial review to prevent them becoming instruments of dictatorship. He really is a tool.

I've been trying to take a wait-and-see approach with Trump (like it makes an iota of difference what I think ...), agreeing with the likes of PIAK and Phart that the hostility has been way over the top and is rank with hypocrisy, but tweets like that are just cretinous. The US is being run by a child.

8 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

During the campaign he showed that he has no understanding of the Constitution (eg: saying there'd be term-limits on Congress). Questioning the judiciary like this is incredibly dumb; it undermines the most basic structures upon which the country's governance is based. Executive orders are subject to judicial review to prevent them becoming instruments of dictatorship. He really is a tool.

I've been trying to take a wait-and-see approach with Trump (like it makes an iota of difference what I think ...), agreeing with the likes of PIAK and Phart that the hostility has been way over the top and is rank with hypocrisy, but tweets like that are just cretinous. The US is being run by a child.

I keep assuming it's a parody account. I think the scrutiny is over the top, but warranted as well in a weird sort of way. Seems we now live in interesting times.

12 hours ago, phart said:

Well if the American government is killing American citizens without due process(which has happened) i imagine that is covered by the Constitution.

Unfortunately if it's happening somewhere hot and sandy, and the guy killed is deemed a "traitor" then the US of A ain't interested.

J

3 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Early days, but he seems to be pretty much living down to expectations so far.

Only Thplinth's :lol:

(ps that was a goad to entice him back :()