Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Was that not him in that video you posted earlier?

:lol:

I've heard he is better looking than Sean Spicer/Melissa McCarthy 

Trump is a man who gets bored easily. His attention span extends to the thrill of the executive order being signed. Beyond this he doen't want to know. I think he will meet increased opposition even from republican judges as the one thing they don't like is their independence being questioned. This coupled with an inability to take any form of dissent or rejection of his orders leads to him going on twitter and barking at the moon. I look forward most mornings to his tweets. Fair cheer me up.

Edited by EddardStark

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think he is right on this one. 

You'll need to provide evidence

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/trump-centcom-media-terror-cover-up/515823/

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

They covered up the Indonesia genocide in East Timor from the 70's to the mid 90's as the US was selling arms to Indonesia. 

The Vietnam war was massively distorted. 

Is any mainstream media reporting now truthfully what's happening in Yemen and Syria? 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

They covered up the Indonesia genocide in East Timor from the 70's to the mid 90's as the US was selling arms to Indonesia. 

The Vietnam war was massively distorted. 

Is any mainstream media reporting now truthfully what's happening in Yemen and Syria? 

Trump was specifically referring to Europe

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Trump was specifically referring to Europe

Well I wouldn't believe a word the guardian etc say on any terrorist attacks in Europe such as Paris and Brussels. Trumps no clown, he'll have a fair idea the CIA are involved in training and arming terrorists who've directly or indirectly caused attacks in Europe. 

Not that this insight makes Trump at all trustworthy. 

The faults of the media do not mitigate, excuse or in any way effect Trump fitness to be president. The man cannot string a coherent sentence together. I think this is symptomatic of an inability to focus, to think things through in depth, rationally to weigh up pros and cons. He is vocally inarticulate because he is cognitively inarticulate.

Months ago it was argued on here by some that the problem with Trump wasn't so much Trump, more the people around him. He doesn't have the focus to be an ideologue. Like a child he is focused on himself, hence his apparent inability to take setbacks calmly, without lashing out. Also like a child he is easily led, and he has plenty of highly focused ideologues surrounding him now. Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem? Trump couldn't give a stuff about that and has no conception of the symbolism and its ramifications, but those around him know fine well what it means.

The Eddie Mair interview that G-man linked to on the previous page brings this out, but it was discernible from his performances in the debates, and his use of Twitter makes it plainer still. He's a liability - and it's going to be a long four years...

What's it going to be like when it's close to his term being over ?

I think thats going to be more dangerous than the next 4 years (if thats possible)

28 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

The faults of the media do not mitigate, excuse or in any way effect Trump fitness to be president. The man cannot string a coherent sentence together. I think this is symptomatic of an inability to focus, to think things through in depth, rationally to weigh up pros and cons. He is vocally inarticulate because he is cognitively inarticulate.

Months ago it was argued on here by some that the problem with Trump wasn't so much Trump, more the people around him. He doesn't have the focus to be an ideologue. Like a child he is focused on himself, hence his apparent inability to take setbacks calmly, without lashing out. Also like a child he is easily led, and he has plenty of highly focused ideologues surrounding him now. Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem? Trump couldn't give a stuff about that and has no conception of the symbolism and its ramifications, but those around him know fine well what it means.

The Eddie Mair interview that G-man linked to on the previous page brings this out, but it was discernible from his performances in the debates, and his use of Twitter makes it plainer still. He's a liability - and it's going to be a long four years...

Really? Now, I don't know the guy very well, but I would have thought that talking was one of his strong points. 

And, it's hard for me to believe that anybody can get a golf handicap of 4 without the ability to focus. 

Guess I'm banking on this being a one-term presidency. The democrats must have learnt some electoral lessons from the previous farce (focus on swing states, look beyond the liberals and Latinos, don't perpetuate dynastic presidencies with more baggage than a Heathrow carousel).

Trouble is, it's not that hard to engineer an economic upturn - the difficulty is sustaining it, making it self-perpetuating - but he might manage to make one last long enough. Who knows?

Orraloon: listen to what he says - or look at a transcript (when he's not parroting from a teleprompter) - it's garbage.

Somewhere between the primaries and now he's gotten on board with the playbook. He's saying all the right things in terms of Israel, Iran and Isis / radical Islam. The media (pretends) hates him but it's doesn't matter now, and they can show in 4 years how objective and unbiased they were all along, most of supporters will still love him, liberals hate him, the divide between voters has probably never been greater and that's brilliant for the politicians and the oligarchs. 

5 hours ago, giblet said:

about to spend a couple of weeks over in the US with my American work collegues, going to be difficult not to wind them up about Trump.

Can see a few wee stooshies ahead.

As much as I've felt like doing the same I always remember that us, as Scots, were such pussies we chose to let someone else run our country. That stops me winding anybody up about theirs. :(

Strong

We are in a pivotal moment in American history. We have a president who is delusional. He is a pathological liar.

I disagreed with President Bush all the time. I never called him a pathological liar. He was just conservative. But Trump lies all the time.

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Strong

We are in a pivotal moment in American history. We have a president who is delusional. He is a pathological liar.

I disagreed with President Bush all the time. I never called him a pathological liar. He was just conservative. But Trump lies all the time.

No credibility after he backed Clinton. And Bush was a liar. Most of them are. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/16/blood-traces-bernies-iraq-war-hypocrisy/

Sanders foreign policy record in terms of how he voted isn't good either. 

In what way does this make Bernie Sanders a liar ?

Was wanting regime change in Iraq wrong ?