Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 75 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

6 hours ago, Denny's Yard said:

This is quite something...

D7bwdn6Q_normal.png Channel 4 News (@Channel4News)
President Donald Trump is corrected by NBC reporter after falsely claiming he had the biggest electoral margin since President Reagan. pic.twitter.com/a7K16mU0Pc

Download the Twitter app

Edit: struggling to make my link work. 

It's an episode of 'The Office'...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/16/donald-trump-press-conference-media-criticism-not-funny

Ive actually stopped watching or reading much about it now and to be honest i'm starting to have a bit of sympathy for him !

I never thought i would say this but the press are going absolutely overboard on everything he says

He has no idea how to be President and is learning so they should cut him a little slack

They should be focusing on the executive orders where he allowed companies to dump coal slurry into rivers again instead of some shitty brag about how many votes he won by

He also needs to get new advisors sharpish

5 hours ago, Rossy said:

The part where a black reporter asks him whether he was going to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus and he tries to get her to organise the meeting (cos she must, like, know them personally and she's got nothing else to do) was straight out of The Office :  http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/2/16/14642184/trump-congressional-black-caucus-racism 

Thankfully he shied away from saying 'Sho' nuff' and calling her homie but must have been a close run thing - fecking excruciating...

Edited by neilser

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ive actually stopped watching or reading much about it now and to be honest i'm starting to have a bit of sympathy for him !

I never thought i would say this but the press are going absolutely overboard on everything he says

He has no idea how to be President and is learning so they should cut him a little slack

They should be focusing on the executive orders where he allowed companies to dump coal slurry into rivers again instead of some shitty brag about how many votes he won by

He also needs to get new advisors sharpish

Never forget that Trump is simply the stupid-as-f*ck frontman for some devious ultra right-wing scumbags.

They don't care if he comes across as the village idiot that the world is laughing at, they just want him to open the door so they can push through policies that they've been cooking up for years now.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

They just want him to open the door so they can push through policies that they've been cooking up for years now.

Sounds like every presidency. Least this time the madness is staying mostly within the borders of the US, as opposed to rampaging through other countries. So far!!! there is plenty of room for that to change dramatically and suddenly.

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, phart said:

Sounds like every presidency. Least this time the madness is staying mostly within the borders of the US, as opposed to rampaging through other countries. So far!!! there is plenty of room for that to change dramatically and suddenly.

And it will.

Can't believe his national security advisor got done with the Logan act. A centuries old act that has one successful prosecution(against a farmer way back) and one that is broken every year at various meetings like Bilderberg or when newspaper men meet with leaders etc.

1 hour ago, jailender said:

And it will.

It already has. Ask the Palestinians.

The USA doesn't have to send 10K marines into a country to destablise it completely. Trump's indifference to the problems of the middle-east, his cosying up to 'Bibi', and the carte blanche that they're now handing Israel will have just as devastating long terms effects for many in the region.

I'm also sure that the Baltic state governments are looking nervously over their shoulders, and shiting themselves every morning waiting for the Manchild's tweet.

Edited by Rossy

5 hours ago, Rossy said:

Never forget that Trump is simply the stupid-as-f*ck frontman for some devious ultra right-wing scumbags.

They don't care if he comes across as the village idiot that the world is laughing at, they just want him to open the door so they can push through policies that they've been cooking up for years now.

These are the very same people pulling Obama's strings as well. 

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

These are the very same people pulling Obama's strings as well. 

So goes the popular myth. Is it true though ?

Obama was pro-choice where it came to abortion. The people behind Trump are fundamentalists who want to take choice away from women.

Obama wanted health care improvements for all. This appalls the people behind Trump...health care is for those with money.

Obama had a reasonably progressive attitude towards controlled immigration. The people behind Trump are white supremacists.

Obama and his administration went a long way to helping create a true Palestinian state. The people behind Trump are committed Zionists....they want Palestine destroyed.

I'll give you that under any circumstances, an American President (including Obama) is a neo-con who believes that the USA should always and under any circumstances, act as world police......I'm presuming that is what you mean when you say 'these were the same people pulling Obama's strings'.

There seems to be some sort of belief that the people controlling the Trump administration are somehow going to take a less 'interventional' policy. 

That remains, of course, very much to be seen. 

20 minutes ago, Rossy said:

So goes the popular myth. Is it true though ?

Obama was pro-choice where it came to abortion. The people behind Trump are fundamentalists who want to take choice away from women.

Obama wanted health care improvements for all. This appalls the people behind Trump...health care is for those with money.

Obama had a reasonably progressive attitude towards controlled immigration. The people behind Trump are white supremacists.

Obama and his administration went a long way to helping create a true Palestinian state. The people behind Trump are committed Zionists....they want Palestine destroyed.

I'll give you that under any circumstances, an American President (including Obama) is a neo-con who believes that the USA should always and under any circumstances, act as world police......I'm presuming that is what you mean when you say 'these were the same people pulling Obama's strings'.

There seems to be some sort of belief that the people controlling the Trump administration are somehow going to take a less 'interventional' policy. 

That remains, of course, very much to be seen. 

Obama had far better PR. With Trump the mask has well and truely slipped. I don't have time at the moment but will try and show why I disagree with some of the above later. 

4 hours ago, phart said:

Can't believe his national security advisor got done with the Logan act. A centuries old act that has one successful prosecution(against a farmer way back) and one that is broken every year at various meetings like Bilderberg or when newspaper men meet with leaders etc.

Like many before him, its not what he did per-se that got him into trouble but that when questioned about it he lied and then got found out.

It would be one thing lying to the press, to an extent that could have been toughed out but the fact he apparently lied to Pence is a different matter.

If he really did lie to Pence then there's huge trust issues around the administration and if I was Pence, I'd be looking for his head on a stick or my own position would be untenable.

If he did accurately brief Pence and there was a party line to deny the conversations to the Press - which Pence went along with - then as soon as it came out then he'd have to take one for the team to protect Pence.

Further to my previous post, I understand Fox News - not exactly anti-Trump - is reporting that Trump was fully briefed on Flynn's call with the Russians and allowed/instructed Pence to be lied to.

This takes things to a whole other level if true. 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

Like many before him, its not what he did per-se that got him into trouble but that when questioned about it he lied and then got found out.

It would be one thing lying to the press, to an extent that could have been toughed out but the fact he apparently lied to Pence is a different matter.

If he really did lie to Pence then there's huge trust issues around the administration and if I was Pence, I'd be looking for his head on a stick or my own position would be untenable.

If he did accurately brief Pence and there was a party line to deny the conversations to the Press - which Pence went along with - then as soon as it came out then he'd have to take one for the team to protect Pence.

Oh right, my imperfect understanding was he was getting charged with the Logan Act. As opposed to lying to Pence. That obviously changes the context and my view.

Edited by phart

Obama had a war against whistleblowers. Set up his own assassination team , in which he can legally bomb buildings they suspect are "terrorists" in, but release Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri.

ran a coup against the Russian Puppet and put in their own one, with huge right-wing influences in it.

The Palestinians are "safer" now with Syria slowly turning back into a viable state. As it thwarts the greater israel plan. If Syria fell, then Hezbollah is next and the Golan Heights. Then into West Bank and Gaza Strip to complete the formation of Greater Israel as set out by some religious text. Folk sometimes forget their's two sets up abrahamic god sects who have loads of nutters in them across there.

As i say i'm happy with the internalisation of these struggles in America that is happening at the moment.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Oh right, my imperfect understanding was he was getting charged with the Logan Act. As opposed to lying to Pence. That obviously changes the context and my view.

He hasn't been charged  - unless that's changed overnight - and reports are that he's unlikely to be charged.

Potentail prosecution witness for a much larger, but with smaller hands, target?

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

He hasn't been charged  - unless that's changed overnight - and reports are that he's unlikely to be charged.

Potentail prosecution witness for a much larger, but with smaller hands, target?

Sorry charged was a synonym for "getting in shit due to".

I have no idea, the one thing we've established is i've not really read much about it, hence all my mistakes. I might not be the best person to ask on this subject :D

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Looks like it's being set up for Pence to take over eventually (which has been predicted)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39014640

Vice President in the US is a pretty strange position.  In some administrations, the VP will be a fundamental part of the administration, involved directly in decisions and policy.  For others it's a constitutional nicety that needs to be observed - often a ticket was put together to win the election - and the VP is as out of the loop as is possible.  That was certainly the case with JFK and LBJ.  I think it's what Blair tried to do with Prescott, create the role of deputy Prime Minisiter and put Prescott in it to get the left wing onside but that's an aside.

In most organisations, if you were the number two, and you were being lied to by people below you and the person at the top was complicit in that, then your position would be untenable and the only thing to would be to walk.  Even if you tried to tough it out on the basis that the guy at the top would get found out eventually, if that happened then you wouldn't get the job as you've no credibility  

However, for Pence, it's a bit different because if it all does turn to shit and Trump is impeached then being a patsy works to his advantage as it means he isn't implicated and will get the big job because that's the law.  

Who knows where this will end up and if there's any serious shit that can be proved.  It may all prove to be nothing more than incompetence.

Remember Watergate started with a burglary that started to unravel and uncovered loads of real shit.  In that case there were only a handful of reporters covering Watergate and it took them a long time to get it "inside" the White House.  

This time, Trump has pretty much the whole US media on his case and there's probably dozens if Deep Throats given that he's managed to alienate both the press and the security services.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Trump is mental but you can see the appeal he has to the various plebs who voted for him. He's not one to hide behind a white house spokesman, giving it ambiguous pish-speak that sends everyone to sleep or doing Obama style short empty rhetoric.  He's a loose cannon for sure and he doesn't follow any sort of script or procedure. Conducting POTUS shite on twitter is almost surreal. 

It will all unravel soon enough.