Stock Market Crash? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stock Market Crash?

Yes it will crash - 30% within 12 months

USA Frackers will suffer big-time as low oil price and over-borrowing will ### them up (teehee) - depends how long till it rises again.

Some folk are in a position to wait longer than others. At your age you should be spending not investing. :wink2:

On a side note has anyone on here experience of group buying? Seen something on it ages ago but don't know how to go about it. Basically it a group of us getting together and putting money in each month to buy shares. Yes it will start small but with time it could grow. Just don't know where to get the ins and outs of how to do it

There is some bad shit out there for sure.

I see volatility ahead in the short term. Stocks, when the historians look back, will average their usual 7% a year. But by God it will be a roller coaster.

If Capitalism truly existed or communism truly existed we would all be happy IMHO. But both are rigged to keep you impoverished. For the rich to be rich you have to be poor. For the strong to be strong you have to be weak,

I do wonder if these periodic market 'shakedowns' are just to make the mugs sell in a panic for no real reason.

The markets are very malleable (or maybe I mean easily manipulated). Look what they can do in a tennis match and that is infinitesimal.

Edited by thplinth

How are we supposed to know the true value of anything if these bloody pests keep messing about with the prices? It's almost like nothing has any true intrinsic value.

I'm starting to think this is all a game.

I'm not sure the intrinsic value of anything is very important. To me the only thing that matters is the true market value you can get when you decide that you want or need to sell it. Or, the market value of something when you want to buy it. I'm not sure that trying to calculate what something is truly worth is very helpful. But I suppose that all depends on what your definition of "true intrinsic value" is?

I'm not sure the intrinsic value of anything is very important. To me the only thing that matters is the true market value you can get when you decide that you want or need to sell it. Or, the market value of something when you want to buy it. I'm not sure that trying to calculate what something is truly worth is very helpful. But I suppose that all depends on what your definition of "true intrinsic value" is?

I tried to explain this to my wife when we were looking at moving house.

The right time to sell is the wrong time to buy, unless you're downsizing.

There's no such thing as 'intrinsic value' when it comes to property.

All that's important is the market value at that specific point in time.

If you get hung up on 'intrinsic value'...ie. some imaginary price that you believe the property is worth....then all you'll do is drive yerself nuts.

There's no such thing as 'intrinsic value' when it comes to property.

All that's important is the market value at that specific point in time.

If you get hung up on 'intrinsic value'...ie. some imaginary price that you believe the property is worth....then all you'll do is drive yerself nuts.

It's like selling stuff on eBay.

If 5 people want it you'll probably get more for it.

But you need to be prepared for only 1 person being interested and getting buttons for it.

I've tried to explain this to the wife too. I'm happy to stick your dress on eBay, but you have to be willing to part with your £100 dress and only make £2.59 after you've paid the fees etc.

Up 100 pts on opening. In the last year its highest point was 7104 . I would say steady monthly buys instead of one off purchases is the way yo go.

Aye the chinese government seem to be doing what the markets want. For the time being anyway. It could change quickly again though.

On a side note has anyone on here experience of group buying? Seen something on it ages ago but don't know how to go about it. Basically it a group of us getting together and putting money in each month to buy shares. Yes it will start small but with time it could grow. Just don't know where to get the ins and outs of how to do it

Wht would you do this? Do you all have similar risk tolerances and interment morals? If its purely lited companies you want to invest in, seek out funds that suit your ambitions and morals.

Forget investing with friends, recipe to end a friendshio