What's Your Biggest Fear? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Your Biggest Fear?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeches. Ever since I was a wee boy I've hated the sight of them.

Whilst recently down at the Barrhead Dams I tried to "challenge" the fear. Went to a place where I know I could find them and watched five or six of them swimming round and round in a circle for a minute. Nearly threw up it made me so queasy.

Up until the age of about ten or so, I had a bizarre fear of the sound (not the sight though) of falling water. I would feel very anxious and scared when hearing a torrent of water falling.

Was made redundant five years ago, horrible experience especially when you have two young kids and a mortgage.

So my biggest fear is it happening again.

Hope not though, the job centre visit was only once before I started my new job.

But before redundancy kicked in I thought this might be OK for a wee while. How wrong I was it's amazing how your day is filled up with crap, running errands and constant nagging.

Alot of empathy for the oil industry going through redundancies just now.just hope they have put some money aside to buy them some time to get s new job.

Not sure if a phobia but I can't touch the thin bits of skin on my wrists or crook of elbows and knees. If I see someone scratching any of those places I actually go lightheaded.

I used to know a lassie who had that. That wee knobbly bone on your wrist, if i touched it she would feel queasy.

Weirdos! :wink2:

edit: in fact just talking about it was enough - i bet you feel ill reading this.

Edited by thplinth

I have a mild fear of heights. It doesn't stop me doing anything but if I'm at height with no railing or such, I do feel like headed and short of breath.

I am really scared of needles though. I faint every time I hive blood or go to give blood. They've refused me a few times because of how I go.

I also don't particularly like clowns. How can anyone not be freaked out by those weirdo bags? I blame Stephen kings it.

I also don't particularly like clowns. How can anyone not be freaked out by those weirdo ######bags? I blame Stephen kings it.

100%. What freaks me out even more is kids dressed as clowns, like the wee fukker that was parading up and down my street at Halloween.

i was terrified of aliens when I was a kid. The film fire in the sky had me awake for months absolutely convinced I was going to be abducted. Fortunately that phase passed ha.

Heights is still a fear, did a Bungy a few years back but if anything it made it worse.

Aye me too with the aliens after reading a book by John Mack, an american psychiatrist who was one of the main people behind spreading the alien abduction / greys myth.

Used to think that any bright lights late at night or any noises were the greys coming to get me! I think I also read somewhere that they were attracted to the brainwaves of people who thought about them so that really ####ed me up - the more I thought about them the more I thought they were coming! Madness.

Luckily i came to the realisation any alien visitation stories were all pure pish!