What's Your Biggest Fear? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Your Biggest Fear?

Mild fear of heights but only if I am not in control - like a big wheel or something . climbing doesn't bother me too much. Maggots give me the fear though.

Oh and parasites. The thought of some beastie alive inside me. Yuk.

Edited by ShedTA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Responsibility.

Hate the thought of being tied to a job or a place because of a house or family.

Haha i'd say the same, ive been home for just over 3 years and in thesame shitty job for 2, if i didnt havethe gf i would have been back in canada.

Mild fear of heights but only if I am not in control - like a big wheel or something . climbing doesn't bother me too much. Maggots give me the fear though.

Oh and parasites. The thought of some beastie alive inside me. Yuk.

I don't want to put you off your tea, but your body contains a couple of kilos of wee beasties which are essential to human health. You would die without them.

But some parasites are pretty gross right enough. I saw a video recently of a parasite that lives inside the human eye. They can grow up to about 100 mm long and you can see them wriggling about. Wouldn't fancy having one of them.

Being buried alive or burnt alive! I have told my family before you close the lid stick a feckin great needle in me!

always remember watching an auld horror film when I was a wean called the premature burial scared the crap oot o me

Dieing before my kids are old enough to look after themselves and my B@stard life insurance not paying out leaving my wife and kids to fend for themselves loosing everything forced to go to the council for a roof, penniless.

Dentists.

Always have been and always will be.

I thought I would be scared of falling through a walkway underneath an oil rig,but after the week I've just had,turns out I wasn't.

used to have a serious fear o the dentist to the extent I was gubbing packets o pain killers a day.ended up gaun tae see a dentist who delt wae phobias.turned oot it went back tae my dealings with the butcher that was my school dentist. He sorted me oot have been fine for the past 15 years.

Dentists.

Always have been and always will be.

I thought I would be scared of falling through a walkway underneath an oil rig,but after the week I've just had,turns out I wasn't.

Very surprised this wasn`t mentioned before but may be an age thing with under 40s not hearing so many negative stories about dentists. Only need to look at international websites like dentalfearcentral.com to notice high number of Scots sending messages.

Also no mention of flying? Surprised given many folk here travel to watch Scotland ususally by plane I suppose.

Was talking about this last night.

Aside from snakes, I can't walk dockside when a ship is moored for fear of falling between the ship and the dock. In fact, ships terrify me in general, which is surprising as my Grandfaither was in the Navy.

Anyone got any bizarre ones?

I have the boats fear, not bad enough to stop me though.

Spiders on the other hand put the fear of God into me!

Very surprised this wasn`t mentioned before but may be an age thing with under 40s not hearing so many negative stories about dentists. Only need to look at international websites like dentalfearcentral.com to notice high number of Scots sending messages.

Also no mention of flying? Surprised given many folk here travel to watch Scotland ususally by plane I suppose.

Both my inlaws are dentists.. double torture!!!

Nah. It changes by the hour.

Currently my main concern is going for a pish in a South American river and having one of them candiru fish getting stuck up my japseye.

And are you anywhere near a South American river at the moment? If not you might want to save up that particular phobia for later?