Scotland V England - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V England

Dillinger

I'm not massively into the egg chasing, though it is growing on me. For years my father in law has wanted the men in the family to go along to a six nations game.

Assume England game is a complete sellout and only ticket option would be paying over the odds online.

So in lieu of actually going, what would be next best option?

I've got a 70" screen in the man cave I've offered as a choice. Either that or we find a pub with the same for a bit of atmosphere. I had thought Waxy O'Connors as the all-Ireland is always good in there. Anywhere else in Glasgow that's particularly good for watching the rugby?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not massively into the egg chasing, though it is growing on me. For years my father in law has wanted the men in the family to go along to a six nations game.

Assume England game is a complete sellout and only ticket option would be paying over the odds online.

So in lieu of actually going, what would be next best option?

I've got a 70" screen in the man cave I've offered as a choice. Either that or we find a pub with the same for a bit of atmosphere. I had thought Waxy O'Connors as the all-Ireland is always good in there. Anywhere else in Glasgow that's particularly good for watching the rugby?

walkabout is usually packed with rugby sorts during the 6 nations think you'd need to book a table though

Never been to an egg-chasing game in my life - no, wait, the sevens at the Commonwealth games - but have been given four comps for the England game on the 6th. Should I bother learning the rules, or just figure out the quickest way to the bar?

Never been to an egg-chasing game in my life - no, wait, the sevens at the Commonwealth games - but have been given four comps for the England game on the 6th. Should I bother learning the rules, or just figure out the quickest way to the bar?

Learn some of the basic rules. And probably better not to call it egg chasing at the game :ok:

Worth going if you've not been. The tannoy guy is a bit cringey, and of all the big fixtures I find this has the most hooray henrys, but it can also be good and loud if we're doing well. Different vibe to the football. Also, don't call the ref a cvnt - leave that to the England captain.

And you can take your beer to your seat, so no need to rush to the bar.

Worth going if you've not been. The tannoy guy is a bit cringey, and of all the big fixtures I find this has the most hooray henrys, but it can also be good and loud if we're doing well. Different vibe to the football. Also, don't call the ref a cvnt - leave that to the England captain.

And you can take your beer to your seat, so no need to rush to the bar.

that's probably the biggest difference you'll notice - hardly any swearing. No problems making noise if you want to, but swearing at the top of your voice at rugby is not done - more kids and more women.

I'm furious with myself. I initially thought I wouldn't be able to make it up for either of the home games, so I knocked back the tickets when I had the chance.

Now looks as if I'll be up for the France game and no ticket.

Such is the futility of this request, I'm not even going to bother starting a new thread on it, but if any kind soul does have 2 spares for the France game, please let me know.

I'm furious with myself. I initially thought I wouldn't be able to make it up for either of the home games, so I knocked back the tickets when I had the chance.

Now looks as if I'll be up for the France game and no ticket.

Such is the futility of this request, I'm not even going to bother starting a new thread on it, but if any kind soul does have 2 spares for the France game, please let me know.

I'm disappointed in you too.