Pyro At The Fitba - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pyro At The Fitba

Spot on about Motherwell fans being picked on, I know someone who knows this boy done for the smokebomb and the wee guy is no thug or ned, just a young boy who likes his football and days out with his mates, as for the incident last night at firhill heard a few folk are packing it in going to away games now as sick and tired off police and stewards being heavy handed with fans. Motherwell fans are being made an example off and if it was celtic or rangers they get off with it, as police and stewards are to scared to wade in on them due to the numbers and upsetting the old firm. Maybe the police are needing to concentrate on catching real criminals like thiefs, murderers, drug dealers, rapists and paedophiles instead of picking on young guys at the fitba. honestly there will be no on left going to games anymore soon, fans are treated like utter garbage in this country by the police whereas in England they have a far more relaxed and nicer way approaching fans by talking to them instead of trying to wade in and man handle teenagers acting like the big man.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on about Motherwell fans being picked on, I know someone who knows this boy done for the smokebomb and the wee guy is no thug or ned, just a young boy who likes his football and days out with his mates, as for the incident last night at firhill heard a few folk are packing it in going to away games now as sick and tired off police and stewards being heavy handed with fans. Motherwell fans are being made an example off and if it was celtic or rangers they get off with it, as police and stewards are to scared to wade in on them due to the numbers and upsetting the old firm. Maybe the police are needing to concentrate on catching real criminals like thiefs, murderers, drug dealers, rapists and paedophiles instead of picking on young guys at the fitba. honestly there will be no on left going to games anymore soon, fans are treated like utter garbage in this country by the police whereas in England they have a far more relaxed and nicer way approaching fans by talking to them instead of trying to wade in and man handle teenagers acting like the big man.

TBF to the OB I don't think they are concentrating on the "Motherwell Bois" while rapist and paedophiles have a free reign to do as they please. You could reverse that argument and say why can't these little s stop about at the football and wasting police resources when there are real criminals out there.

I can't believe people are shocked that the police target a large organised group of young males who cover their faces and act like arseholes at a football match.

FTR of course the sentence is way over the top for the crime committed

I think it the consistency issue that the concern to Motherwell fans as we constantly see/hear stewards/police turn a blind eye to certain things from other clubs my own included but it's fair game to act in such a manner to Motherwell fans could it be that it's because there is not as many of them?

The sentence isn't just about the smoke bomb though.

He's shown a lack of respect for previous court sentence and obviously planned to break the law this time.

What do you think a fair sentence is?

He broke the bail terms attending a game. One game of football when all he did was watch the game.

Hang him.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

The bottom line is that if this wee ned hadn't broken the law he wouldn't now be in the shit.

I have no sympathy for him but agree that the Police are not even handed. Why don't they lift some of the knuckledraggers who sing the nasty songs at Ibrox?

It would require the same effort as that expended last night.

So you can't actually contribute, just moan about everything without any constructive comments?

I don't see what's constructive about Police treating football fans differently than other members of the public.

For example, I have been to many open air gigs and there's been many, many smoke bombs and flares. Never heard of anyone being lifted nevermind jailed.

The bottom line is that if this wee ned hadn't broken the law he wouldn't now be in the shit.

I have no sympathy for him but agree that the Police are not even handed. Why don't they lift some of the knuckledraggers who sing the nasty songs at Ibrox?

It would require the same effort as that expended last night.

I do agree.

I'm not particularly upset by smoke bombs or flares myself, but I understand they're not allowed so wouldn't set one off at a game. That's just inviting trouble. (I'm also a grown up, so did my playing with matches quite a while ago.)

These groups of wee guys always attract a ned element, whether they be hangers on, or just the demographic of such groups is up for debate.

They want to push the boundaries and get upto a bit of mischief, and I've no doubt many relish the notoriety. They don't want to take responsibility for their actions, just want to complain about being picked on by the polis.

BUT

I feel more and more attending away games we are not treated like paying customers as we would be at a concert or other comparable activity. We are herded like cattle, treated with contempt as though we were all criminals.

Others don't feel like this, they go to games, behave, have no real interaction with police/stewards and go home without any hassle and can't understand why these wee guys can't do the same.

I do get that, but having been the victim of a "misunderstanding" that got me banned from fir park and could've seen me (if it happened in 2016) in a similar situation to this boy it concerns me that football fans are allowed to be treated differently and appear to be a target for whatever reason.

It's one thing to say that police will generally not want to wade into 4000 Celtic fans while they rip up seats or generally deal with larger crowds breaking the law, but are happy to wade in to a group of 30 Motherwell fans amongst 500, but the wider issue is that it's because it's at the football.

As a football fan, you're treated differently and open to harsher punishments.

If you behave, thus shouldn't be an issue.

I do agree.

I'm not particularly upset by smoke bombs or flares myself, but I understand they're not allowed so wouldn't set one off at a game. That's just inviting trouble. (I'm also a grown up, so did my playing with matches quite a while ago.)

These groups of wee guys always attract a ned element, whether they be hangers on, or just the demographic of such groups is up for debate.

They want to push the boundaries and get upto a bit of mischief, and I've no doubt many relish the notoriety. They don't want to take responsibility for their actions, just want to complain about being picked on by the polis.

BUT

I feel more and more attending away games we are not treated like paying customers as we would be at a concert or other comparable activity. We are herded like cattle, treated with contempt as though we were all criminals.

Others don't feel like this, they go to games, behave, have no real interaction with police/stewards and go home without any hassle and can't understand why these wee guys can't do the same.

I do get that, but having been the victim of a "misunderstanding" that got me banned from fir park and could've seen me (if it happened in 2016) in a similar situation to this boy it concerns me that football fans are allowed to be treated differently and appear to be a target for whatever reason.

It's one thing to say that police will generally not want to wade into 4000 Celtic fans while they rip up seats or generally deal with larger crowds breaking the law, but are happy to wade in to a group of 30 Motherwell fans amongst 500, but the wider issue is that it's because it's at the football.

Go on then.

What didn't you do to get banned? :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

Go on then.

What didn't you do to get banned? :lol:

I thought you'd never ask!

:lol:

Me and my mate threw our empty cups to the ground in disgust at a red card for Clarkson. As we sat in the front row, they landed on the track.

The linesman had been pelted with pies and coins by rangers fans at Easter road the week before, so made the 4th official aware, so littering aggressively in the wrong place at the wrong time was the crime.

I thought you'd never ask!

Me and my mate threw our empty cups to the ground in disgust at a red card for Clarkson. As we sat in the front row, they landed on the track.

The linesman had been pelted with pies and coins by rangers fans at Easter road the week before, so made the 4th official aware, so littering aggressively in the wrong place at the wrong time was the crime.

Littering is a crime but I thought the max sentence for that was a £50 on the spot fine. :lol:

I do agree.

BUT

I get what you're saying but a lot of this is self inflicted. Not necessarily personally but as an example the kuntish behaviour of my fellow Scotland fans and the Poles at the recent qualifier ruined any enjoyment we might have had. The police and stewards were chocolate teapots and I'd have gladly had a much heavier handed approach applied in the interests of safety.

These sorts of games plus the insistence of ned twats on throwing smoke bombs and flares at games means you'll continue to be treated like shit for some time to come.

I get what you're saying but a lot of this is self inflicted. Not necessarily personally but as an example the kuntish behaviour of my fellow Scotland fans and the Poles at the recent qualifier ruined any enjoyment we might have had. The police and stewards were chocolate teapots and I'd have gladly had a much heavier handed approach applied in the interests of safety.

These sorts of games plus the insistence of ned twats on throwing smoke bombs and flares at games means you'll continue to be treated like shit for some time to come.

I see your point, but choosing not to deal with any of the behaviour at the Poland game, but being happy to wade into a small band of Motherwell fans with monotonous regularity is pretty poor.

I do agree, having witnessed several of the incidents at the Motherwell games over the last few seasons, in most (but certainly not all) cases the reaction of the police/stewards has been just that, a reaction to some sort of misbehaviour. They do invite this sort of thing on themselves (the fans).

(Although sometimes standing up is enough to start the chain of events)

Edited by sbcmfc

I know this is not necessarily related to pyro but certainly highlights the hardon the police have got for nailing football fans for anything that they can somehow deem as 'bigoted' or 'offensive'

It actually reads like a Daily Mash article.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14255972.Probe_as_footie_fans_post_messages_stating_the_IRA_should_be_drafted_in_to_sort_out_Deila_s_side/

I know this is not necessarily related to pyro but certainly highlights the hardon the police have got for nailing football fans for anything that they can somehow deem as 'bigoted' or 'offensive'

It actually reads like a Daily Mash article.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14255972.Probe_as_footie_fans_post_messages_stating_the_IRA_should_be_drafted_in_to_sort_out_Deila_s_side/

Worst case it's in poor taste.

It's a joke!

I liked this line....

"The posts, which were written under the heading "Time for the IRA to step in" - stunned fans on the Huddleboard website."

I'd imagine you'd have to out your self as Andy Goram to stun the huddleboard.

Worst case it's in poor taste.

It's a joke!

I liked this line....

"The posts, which were written under the heading "Time for the IRA to step in" - stunned fans on the Huddleboard website."

I'd imagine you'd have to out your self as Andy Goram to stun the huddleboard.

If this happened in Russia, China or Turkey we'd never hear the end of it.

The wee dig from the polis is quite funny I'll give them that, 'nobody likes to lose two consecutive games'

An absolutely ludicrous scenario and your playing with people's livelihoods. If someone on here was to crack a joke about ISIS or threaten to kneecap David Cameron would they be at the centre of a police investigation? Is that we are now dealing with?