This Weeks Games. Tonight..... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weeks Games. Tonight.....

Aye they ditched the boy who seemed so delighted to finally make it to the SPL when they beat Hibs in the playoffs. Cuthbert I think it was?

According to the commentator on Radio Scotland last night the Hamilton keeper actually had a good game.

God knows what would have happened if he had been having a mare! :blink:

According to the commentator on Radio Scotland last night the Hamilton keeper actually had a good game.

God knows what would have happened if he had been having a mare! :blink:

Pretty sure David Preece was Aberdeen's man of the match in one of the Skovdahl humpings.

BBC shows Celtic with 30(15) shots(on target) so would make sense if he's potentially made 7 saves.

Pretty sure David Preece was Aberdeen's man of the match in one of the Skovdahl humpings.

BBC shows Celtic with 30(15) shots(on target) so would make sense if he's potentially made 7 saves.

He looks like he's grasping air on pretty much every goal.

Alan Rough like.

He looks like he's grasping air on pretty much every goal.

Alan Rough like.

Just watched the highlights and I wouldn't blame the keeper for any of the goals. There's maybe 2 where he might have done a bit better but overall his defence was an utter disgrace.

The 5th where half the defence think it's going out for a corner and actually turn their backs on it should be on a continuous loop at the Hamilton training. Thst was worse than u10s.

The centre half at the 7th needs shooting. Totally inexcusable when you're already getting humped.

Edited by RenfrewBlue

He still has support of the board per reports and wont be sacked

Hamilton Accies under Martin Canning:

Played 43

Won 9

Drawn 11

Lost 23

Scored 45

Conceded 85

Let in 4 or more in a game on 9 occasions

Everyone has seen how good a wee team Accies can be in the last year - even on a few occasions after Alex Neil left

There is no way that group of players, many of whom are young, should lose 4 to Annan never mind 8 at Parkhead

Canning never looked like a manager when he got the job and looks even less at this moment in time

If he doesnt go Dundee Utd may escape after all

That may be true, but my personal experience just before Xmas was of an amateur team with no more than a handful of disinterested fans.

The Howard Arms was good though.

my tounge was firmly in cheek. I hope we can survive but its going to be a tough second half of the season

That may be true, but my personal experience just before Xmas was of an amateur team with no more than a handful of disinterested fans.

Maybe there should just be a top league of five teams then? Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers could all play each other a gazillion times. That way you could all see who can obtain the biggest hard-on over who gets the best crowds each week. The rest of us diddy teams should know our place.

I remember when not so long ago Aberdeen would scrap it out at the bottom of the league. I can't seem to remember much Old-Firmesque comments then from Dons fans.

Maybe there should just be a top league of five teams then? Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers could all play each other a gazillion times. That way you could all see who can obtain the biggest hard-on over who gets the best crowds each week. The rest of us diddy teams should know our place.

I remember when not so long ago Aberdeen would scrap it out at the bottom of the league. I can't seem to remember much Old-Firmesque comments then from Dons fans.

We probably wouldn't get the biggest,but as a far superior class of supporter,we would most certainly have the best.

Now get back in your box you,and only speak when spoken to.

:D

He still has support of the board per reports and wont be sacked

Hamilton Accies under Martin Canning:

Played 43

Won 9

Drawn 11

Lost 23

Scored 45

Conceded 85

Let in 4 or more in a game on 9 occasions

Everyone has seen how good a wee team Accies can be in the last year - even on a few occasions after Alex Neil left

There is no way that group of players, many of whom are young, should lose 4 to Annan never mind 8 at Parkhead

Canning never looked like a manager when he got the job and looks even less at this moment in time

If he doesnt go Dundee Utd may escape after all

Giving shitey wee khunts like Darion McKinnon new contracts isn't going to result in anything other than shite results.

How big are your hands? We've 2500 season ticket holders so they must be fairly big.

We've conceeded as many goals at home as Thistle have home AND away this season. It's hard to get folk to watch that.

You should have said you were in the Howard. I'd have left the Brass and bought you a pint.

There are so many reasons why our crowds have dropped. I'm not even going to start listing them but Ayrshire has been ravaged more than anywhere else in Scotland by unemployment in the past decade so no surprise we have been hit. Another employer laying off hundreds more tomorrow. Add Michael Johnston and you have the perfect storm.

I'll always go, I'll be at Tannadice on SSaturday but Kilmarnock is a fifth of the size of Aberdeen with Glasgow 30 min drive away so no surprise we average 25% of what Aberdeen do.

All relative.

Luckily the number of fans doesn't constitute success.

I will admit we've had some shameful performances this year but not much I or any other fan can do about that.

If a team is pish, I say they're pish. I've got no idea why a team like Kilmarnock's support has dropped to one man and his dog, but it has. I'm only pointing out what I see.

I do it with Aberdeen as well. It's got all to do with being 'old-firmesque'.

But you keep on seeing what you want to see, and keep on ranting.

If a team is pish, I say they're pish. I've got no idea why a team like Kilmarnock's support has dropped to one man and his dog, but it has. I'm only pointing out what I see.

I do it with Aberdeen as well. It's got ###### all to do with being 'old-firmesque'.

But you keep on seeing what you want to see, and keep on ranting.

I've given two reasons above. Would you rather folk spent redundancy money or dole money going to the football? I've mates who used to go every week but can't now simply as they've no disposable income.

I compared us to Aberdeen as you support Aberdeen and I wanted to give it some perspective.

Saying a team doesn't deserve to be in the league due to size of their support is old firm esque. No matter what you say.

We're shite just now but the size of our support won't determine whether we're relegated. If it did there would be a couple below us.

You were the one that slagged Hamilton yet couldn't take a lighthearted dig about getting gubbed 9-0 off the same team.

At least the likes of Cove, Psrklife, Deecie, Dandy etc have a sense of humour and aren't permanently on the defensive.

If you can't take a slaggjng then don't dish it out.

On a vaguely related side note, I think your post pretty well sums up why the TA board is going through a bit of shit period just now.

Not having a go at you personally...it's just that there are so few regular posters on here (maybe around 50 who post most days ?)....that we've all slipped into the trap of playing the man rather than the ball.

I do it, you do, we all do it. We see a post from a certain poster and in the one-dimensional world of the TA board we automatically make assumptions based on our previous history with said poster/what team he supports/any other daft wee grievance.

I think it happens about once every 5 years or so on here, and then we kind of get a cull when 'regular' posters move away and new posters come onto the board. Kind of freshens it up.

I post more often now on Pie&Bovril (under a different name of course), and while there's still the same type of argumentative bawbags :-) on there, nobody 'knows' me and nobody picks arguments based on our previous history.

I think I'll contact the mods on here and try and do a PGB or EK_Celt.....delete my logon name and come back as a new poster. See what happens... :wink2:

On a vaguely related side note, I think your post pretty well sums up why the TA board is going through a bit of shit period just now.

Not having a go at you personally...it's just that there are so few regular posters on here (maybe around 50 who post most days ?)....that we've all slipped into the trap of playing the man rather than the ball.

I do it, you do, we all do it. We see a post from a certain poster and in the one-dimensional world of the TA board we automatically make assumptions based on our previous history with said poster/what team he supports/any other daft wee grievance.

I think it happens about once every 5 years or so on here, and then we kind of get a cull when 'regular' posters move away and new posters come onto the board. Kind of freshens it up.

I post more often now on Pie&Bovril (under a different name of course), and while there's still the same type of argumentative bawbags :-) on there, nobody 'knows' me and nobody picks arguments based on our previous history.

I think I'll contact the mods on here and try and do a PGB or EK_Celt.....delete my logon name and come back as a new poster. See what happens... :wink2:

Good post. Makes sense I suppose.