Budapest - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Budapest

Blackpool78

On 4 March 2016 at 0:22 PM, BMan said:

Off to Budapest a week on Thursday.  Booked the River Danube dinner cruise and also booked a walking tour.

Im going on Thursday 17th, only overnight though & back again for a week in April / August.

Never been & really looking forward to going there the 3 times :-)

Can someone advise me if im better changing my money before I go or just use my bank card to withdraw money over there?  The Florint is not very common at the Post Office to exchange and I cant really be bothered with the

hassle to be honest. 

I would just use the hole in the wall over there.

As it is not a regular day-to-day currency to exchange here you are probably going to get a extremely poor rate on the high street, or probably get slapped for commission at the airport.

19 hours ago, BMan said:

Can someone advise me if im better changing my money before I go or just use my bank card to withdraw money over there?  The Florint is not very common at the Post Office to exchange and I cant really be bothered with the hassle to be honest. 

It's changed a lot in recent years, there are ATMs everywhere now and credit cards are widely accepted.

Some of the change kiosks give you a decent rate if you keep away from Vaci Utca (tourist traps there), just be sure you have English notes!