Metz A No Go - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Metz A No Go

big clarky

Rumour is deal is done, SFA want to announce all pre- euro 2016 games at once.

Sounds like they are working on a second and maybe third game to be announced at same time.

It's not really funny making stuff up. Folk will book flights on the basis of this.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to book up flights on comments made on here, goodluck to you.

Might come off, might not- thats the gamble. :ok:

110% correct. People who book flights because there's been a rumour going round on pussbook deserve it if indeed it was just someone writing nonsense for Facebook likes

I'm not as convinced as Debian that this game is a definite no-no. I'm fluent in French and have read every available media source in France that has reported on this game.

The 'rumour' started in France where they would have little value in speculating on such a fixture. It's not headline-grabbing in the same way as it is the other way round.

It's been re-reported and developed across multiple local newspapers - with some local to Metz inferring that officials from the club have confirmed the stadium is booked for a game with Scotland and the biggest selling sports paper L'Equipe reporting it within the body of a story as fact.

I've yet to see the link to the source that Debian is basing his certainty on. On that basis my gut instinct tells me it's been a worthwhile gamble to book flights given how costly it will be should this game get confirmed.

All seems very straightforward to me ....

Debian has seen feck all and has made up a news report as some sort "wind up" to folk on here and is currently wanking himself into frenzy under his cheap duvet at the fact that a couple of people on here have believed him.

Nevertheless, as the game remains unconfirmed, it clearly might not happen, at which point Debian will come on saying I told you so.

Here to help!

I'm not saying 100 per cent that the game IS on but enough credible news sources in France have suggested it is happening to give me enough confidence to gamble on booking flights.

I lived in France and believe there is less a culture of speculation amongst the media than we have in Scotland.

Debian seems 100 per cent convinced the other way but given that there is absolutely zero mention on any French media site I have read (on a daily basis) regarding a friendly with Czech Republic in place of the Scotland game I'm not entirely sure where he is getting that information from.

He may well be right and the French media may well be wrong. But the worst case scenario for

me right now is that I end up with a couple of nights on the beer in France and take in one of their build-up games - v Scotland or anyone else.

All seems very straightforward to me ....

Debian has seen feck all and has made up a news report as some sort "wind up" to folk on here and is currently wanking himself into frenzy under his cheap duvet at the fact that a couple of people on here have believed him.

Nevertheless, as the game remains unconfirmed, it clearly might not happen, at which point Debian will come on saying I told you so.

Here to help!

Reevel Anderson ? and my Duvet was £360.

Reevel Anderson ? and my Duvet was £360.

Ha ha. Yes Debian. Reeval Alderson. Is there a defined number times you have to say Reeval Alderson before your story becomes true. :-)

£360 my arse. I didnae even spend that on mine and I'm classy.

Ha ha. Yes Debian. Reeval Alderson. Is there a defined number times you have to say Reeval Alderson before your story becomes true. :-)

£360 my arse. I didnae even spend that on mine and I'm classy.

Some people enjoy comfort, where as I've got a wife with an eye for the ridiculous. The bank statement at the end of the month was only how I noticed.

Pm me and ill tell you the source mate

Very kind offer but I'm fascinated by the fact you know before some extremely well connected journalists in France do of their country's match schedule.

I'm sure others would be happy to see the source for your certainty. I'm only asking for a source on the Czech Republic part. You may well be right on both counts and if so must have an amazing source.

Very kind offer but I'm fascinated by the fact you know before some extremely well connected journalists in France do of their country's match schedule.

I'm sure others would be happy to see the source for your certainty. I'm only asking for a source on the Czech Republic part. You may well be right on both counts and if so must have an amazing source.

My source has come up trumps 3 times already with information I've shared ?

My source has come up trumps 3 times already with information I've shared ?

As I say, you may well be proved right.

I don't profess to know this game is 100 per cent on whereas you seem completely convinced it isn't to the extent you are putting people off booking.

I do know, however, from reading French press that more than one person in France believes this game is going ahead in Metz on June 4th.

If it is now off then I'd say with almost 100 per cent certainty that it must have been on the table at some stage for the French media to have reported this in the way they have done.

Edited by vienna2008

As I say, you may well be proved right.

I don't profess to know this game is 100 per cent on whereas you seem completely convinced it isn't to the extent you are putting people off booking.

I do know, however, from reading French press that more than one person in France believes this game is going ahead in Metz on June 4th.

If people book or don't book that's their choice.

Now, I'm away to bed. It's good night Vienna from me

Good night. I'd be away to bed too if I had a luxurious mattress to sleep on!

I purchased this a year ago when I bought my new house:

MAT-PLUS1000FIR-KING - Cotswold Beds: Posture Pocket 1000 Plus King-Size Mattress (Firm)

£499.95 ?????