Vodafone.....w4Nkers - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vodafone.....w4Nkers

I left mine in a taxi on Christmas Day. Realised 15 minutes after getting out of the taxi and my missus phoned it straight away and it was already switched off. Phoned the taxi company and they said the driver had logged off for the night. They phoned me back the next day to say he'd checked his car and it wasn't there but I know the khunt is lying however there is nothing I can do about it as I can't actually prove it. It was a brand new iPhone 6S that I'd had for about a month. Cost me £200 to buy at the time as part of my contract and then another £300 to get a replacement. Didn't have insurance for the phone and wasn't included in home contents either. What kind of arsehole steals someones phone on Christmas Day FFS!!!! For the record, if anyone wants to join me in my boycott of Canniesburn Taxis please feel free!

Consider them boycotted. Did you not lose a phone at the racing as well - Donny or York?

I left mine in a taxi on Christmas Day. Realised 15 minutes after getting out of the taxi and my missus phoned it straight away and it was already switched off. Phoned the taxi company and they said the driver had logged off for the night. They phoned me back the next day to say he'd checked his car and it wasn't there but I know the khunt is lying however there is nothing I can do about it as I can't actually prove it. It was a brand new iPhone 6S that I'd had for about a month. Cost me £200 to buy at the time as part of my contract and then another £300 to get a replacement. Didn't have insurance for the phone and wasn't included in home contents either. What kind of arsehole steals someones phone on Christmas Day FFS!!!! For the record, if anyone wants to join me in my boycott of Canniesburn Taxis please feel free!

About 2 months ago I found a Samsung Galaxy S6 in the back of a taxi. I handed it to the driver and immediately regretted it. Dunno why but I just have a feeling that the owner didn't get it back. I should've hung on to it and got it back to the owner myself.

Consider them boycotted. Did you not lose a phone at the racing as well - Donny or York?

:lol: You've got some memory, I did indeed. My mates stag do at Donny. That was also in the back of a taxi although I was blootered that time and don't even have any recollection of being in the taxi never mind losing my phone. The only reason I know I was in the taxi was because a mate phoned me and could hear me talking to the driver. Then the phone cut off and was never seen/heard again! I don't "mind" losing that one as much as it was clearly my fault given the state I was in. Of the last 3 new phones I've got, I've lost 2 of them. I'm not even a forgetful/clumsy type of guy that loses things either!

About 2 months ago I found a Samsung Galaxy S6 in the back of a taxi. I handed it to the driver and immediately regretted it. Dunno why but I just have a feeling that the owner didn't get it back. I should've hung on to it and got it back to the owner myself.

I can't know for sure the driver has it however I'm 99.9999999% certain. Phone was switched off almost straight away, he finished his shift almost straight away and given that he's highly unlikely to have picked up another hire in between dropping me off and him logging off then I'd say it seems obvious where it's ended up. If I ever do find a phone I'll make sure it either goes to the Police or directly back to the owner.

:lol:You've got some memory, I did indeed. My mates stag do at Donny. That was also in the back of a taxi although I was blootered that time and don't even have any recollection of being in the taxi never mind losing my phone. The only reason I know I was in the taxi was because a mate phoned me and could hear me talking to the driver. Then the phone cut off and was never seen/heard again! I don't "mind" losing that one as much as it was clearly my fault given the state I was in. Of the last 3 new phones I've got, I've lost 2 of them. I'm not even a forgetful/clumsy type of guy that loses things either!

I can't know for sure the driver has it however I'm 99.9999999% certain. Phone was switched off almost straight away, he finished his shift almost straight away and given that he's highly unlikely to have picked up another hire in between dropping me off and him logging off then I'd say it seems obvious where it's ended up. If I ever do find a phone I'll make sure it either goes to the Police or directly back to the owner.

Aye, I'm considering changing my user name to Rain Man!

Found a wallet once in tesco carpark, held it in and security guy says

I'll sort it out. I says no you'll get the found book out sign and date

it ,take my name and phone number and log the cash and cards in it.

He looked huffed till I told him I worked in security .bawbag!

:lol:

The fact you were at the racing probably made it stick in my mind - I remember posting in the thread.

Sticks out with me for another reason. The boy whose stag it was is nicknamed Doc. Doc Hay won that day at 33/1 and not one of us considered backing it. Except his Dad who told us after the fact as he appeared with a fat wedge of notes! That would have paid for my new phone!!!

Sticks out with me for another reason. The boy whose stag it was is nicknamed Doc. Doc Hay won that day at 33/1 and not one of us considered backing it. Except his Dad who told us after the fact as he appeared with a fat wedge of notes! That would have paid for my new phone!!!

I recall you saying that on top of the lost phone it wasn't a successful day's punting. Edited by Charlie Endell

Should have gone to the police and had driver interviewed for theft.