This Weekends Games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sat down to watch this.

From what I've heard, Aberdeen struggle when teams sit in and ends up with a tight full game.

Hopefully Dundee have a go, or I'll watch the German game instead.

Always think Gary Harkins looks like he could be a real class act if he was fit and had any pace. Probably one of my favourite opposition players to watch actually.

Good start! Pretty end to end.

Well worked goal for Aberdeen.

That penalty shout Dundee had there, don't get me wrong, it was never a penalty, but it was very similar to the one Hamilton got at fir park a fortnight. (The red card and suspension to Lasley as a result was a large factor in the beasting we got at tynecastle too!)

Just sat down to watch this.

From what I've heard, Aberdeen struggle when teams sit in and ends up with a tight full game.

Hopefully Dundee have a go, or I'll watch the German game instead.

Always think Gary Harkins looks like he could be a real class act if he was fit and had any pace. Probably one of my favourite opposition players to watch actually.

Agree Re Harkuns, there's something about him. He always seems technically gifted but is larger than a professional athlete should be.

Some truly horrendous football on show so far, constantly in the air. Electric atmosphere as well.

I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Dundee look dangerous on the break, and the Aberdeen defence doing their best to keep it interesting.

I watched the first 15 minutes of bayern Munich, and it was a bit too one sided.

I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Dundee look dangerous on the break, and the Aberdeen defence doing their best to keep it interesting.

I watched the first 15 minutes of bayern Munich, and it was a bit too one sided.

I would almost always watch Scottish football over foreign stuff, pretty much regardless of who was playing. I sat and watched 45 minutes of ICT v Stirling Albion the other night FFS!

I'm quite enjoying the game too. Another goal for the Dandies would be nice (not a phrase I often say...)

Aberdeen should be about 7-1 up at half time.Hayes(who you could count his good games this season in one hand)has been brilliant for the second game in a row.

Aberdeen look far stronger but at 1-0 there's always a chance for Dundee and the two at the back for Aberdeenlook like they'll give them it.

Due to work commitments, this is the first season I've had in my puff where I've not been able to follow anything but Dunfermline.

I had a fairly decent 15 point accumulator return early on but stopped punting after mid-September.

Caught Dunfermline at 3-1 to win the league the night we signed Joe Cardle and stuck a couple of hundred on that.

Gone for wins

man city
boro
barca
psg
dortmund
QOS
hibs

£20 - £337.86

As easy a 1-0 win as you'll see. Dundee keeper can take a good bit of credit.

Dundee, in fairness had a couple of great chances to equalise.

You're always a bit worried that 1-0 is a slender lead and can be wiped out by a mistake, a fluke or a piece of brilliance.

Well worth the win. Clear for all to see that we need at least 1 other striker in squad to complement Rooney and take some weight of his shoulders.

Incredibly there are Aberdeen fans moaning about him.

If he took 100% of chances and all the attributes they think he should have he'd be playing for one Europe's top clubs.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

Well worth the win. Clear for all to see that we need at least 1 other striker in squad to complement Rooney and take some weight of his shoulders.

Incredibly there are Aberdeen fans moaning about him.

If he took 100% of chances and all the attributes they think he should have he'd be playing for one Europe's top clubs.

His goals to games ratio for Aberdeen is astonishing. It's almost 1950's-esque.

I was stunned last season when people thought Shifty was a better striker.

Awful game - Sutton called it right about Aberdeens big physical presence Rooney and Taylor would be better suited to WWF .

Turned it over even Mr Selfridge was better .

It was horrific aye. Aberdeen have some decent technical players but McInnes only seems interested in over powering teams using physicality rather than passing round them, which with the players they have are more than capable of. The amount of times the ball was just pumped upto Rooney last night and played into the channels was depressing.

Edit to say that goes for Dundee as well.

Edited by Mox