Sonos - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I don't like the idea of having to rely on an Internet connection in order to play music. Looking to buy some new kit soon and will be avoiding wireless ones for sure

Well you don't have to stream from the internet. You can stream from your personal music collection too. I thought pretty much everyone was on the internet these days - but maybe not.

I'm looking at it now, I'm not seeing anything particularly great or innovative about it. Why is it so good?

Flexibility and ease of playing music when and where you want to. Competition may have caught them but I have had mine for a while now so don't look at any competition. Wouldn't be without it now - one of the best investments I have ever made without a doubt.

Flexibility and ease of playing music when and where you want to. Competition may have caught them but I have had mine for a while now so don't look at any competition. Wouldn't be without it now - one of the best investments I have ever made without a doubt.

I'm a total dummy on this, I don't listen to music but if i did i would automatically assume i'd have ease of playing when and where i want to anyway.

I'm like an alien here, I see music technology has ran past my ability to understand what the hell it does.

I still dont know what it does. What does it do?

I actually looked it up but it seemed i didn't have the base knowledge to even understand it, speakers that play music and have no wires? Hasn't that been about for years?

Basically you connect to your home network via wifI and can stream music from your pc music collection, iTunes, Spotify etc to the speakers. If you buy multiple speakers you can get it to sync different rooms to play at the same time or different songs in each.

Yeah it keeps saying unable to find music library and we have to re-import. Drives me insane but no one else seems to have this problem.

Really? Very strange - never had any problems except the odd glitch when streaming music. Playing off the library is usually fine. Assume your library is on a PC? Is the connection to the PC always OK?

Got a couple of Play:1s, Soundbar and Sub. It rocks, but my Panasonic TV doesn't support 5:1 throughput, so dont always get the best sound I could get watching movies.

Just moved into a new bigger house on Friday and plan to dot a few Play:5s around.

Sounds good. Have a 3 in the kitchen and a playbar with 1s surround in the living room. Then just use one of the 1s if the kids want to use it through the back. Dead easy. Can see us getting a couple more 1s through the back. The playbar is immense.

Really? Very strange - never had any problems except the odd glitch when streaming music. Playing off the library is usually fine. Assume your library is on a PC? Is the connection to the PC always OK?

Yeah it is off the PC. There are no connection issues. No idea what the problem is but it is annoying!

Yeah it keeps saying unable to find music library and we have to re-import. Drives me insane but no one else seems to have this problem.

Sort of sounds like user error to me.

Yeah it is off the PC. There are no connection issues. No idea what the problem is but it is annoying!

How many WiFi options you got - assume it's just one and they are on the same one? Only similatbtrouble I have had was we had two wifis and my sonos controllers from time to time switched to the second one as it was a stronger signal, but not the one the sonos is on - so kept losing the connection.