Sonos - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How many WiFi options you got - assume it's just one and they are on the same one? Only similatbtrouble I have had was we had two wifis and my sonos controllers from time to time switched to the second one as it was a stronger signal, but not the one the sonos is on - so kept losing the connection.

One wifi but there are two frequencies :unsure:

Yeah it keeps saying unable to find music library and we have to re-import. Drives me insane but no one else seems to have this problem.

Hi. I love my Sonos system, but did have a period with problems similar to your experience. It was all down to IP Address conflicts. As I recall it was was cured by disconnecting everything from your WIFI network and then reconnecting in a particular fashion. Became a nuisance, so went onto a Powerline network using this sort of thing : http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tp-link-av500-500-mbps-mini-powerline-adapter-kit-n13nf .

Hi. I love my Sonos system, but did have a period with problems similar to your experience. It was all down to IP Address conflicts. As I recall it was was cured by disconnecting everything from your WIFI network and then reconnecting in a particular fashion. Became a nuisance, so went onto a Powerline network using this sort of thing : http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tp-link-av500-500-mbps-mini-powerline-adapter-kit-n13nf .

Glad to find someone who has had these issues. It has been behaving itself for a while it is just that it is so random.

Power line networks are great and have come a long long way from when they first came out. Highly recommend them not as a replacement for WiFi but more as an add on to your home network

One wifi but there are two frequencies :unsure:

What so two options to log onto WiFi? Two modems? I bet that's it - your PC keeps switching to one and your sonos is on the other.

Similar to the issue I was having. You lose the connection. You need to make sure they are on the same.

Power line networks are great and have come a long long way from when they first came out. Highly recommend them not as a replacement for WiFi but more as an add on to your home network

Agreed - got two devolos through the house. Going to add a couple more - work very well.

What so two options to log onto WiFi? Two modems? I bet that's it - your PC keeps switching to one and your sonos is on the other.

Similar to the issue I was having. You lose the connection. You need to make sure they are on the same.

One hub two frequencies. :unsure:

One hub two frequencies. :unsure:

Sooz, From memory you're with BT, presumably a hub 4 or 5? You'll have a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz radio in the hub and both will be set to the same SSID (network address) by default, your devices should be intelligent enough to work out which to connect to, but they different tolerances to interference etc... From other signals.

Some devices are really bad for it (MacBooks in particular), but I reckon it's this that's confusing it. Try logging into the hub (open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254, the card with the hub access key should have the admin code on it) and go to Advanced Settings then Wireless from the menu below. You should see three options (2.4GHz, 5GHz and WPS), click the 5GHz link and below there'll be options.

One should say "Synch with 2.4GHz", select No. The box below with the address (BTHubxxxxx...) of your wifi network, just add"-5GHz" to the end of it and click apply. You can keep the same key so if you wanted you could use it.

You should then be able to look for wifi networks on your devices and should see 2 addresses which are the same, but one with -5GHz. Make sure all your devices connect to either or (not all will work on 5GHz dependant on device). That should make sure they always connect to the same radio.

Hopefully it'll help, pm me on Facebook if not and will see what I can find.

FT

Sooz, From memory you're with BT, presumably a hub 4 or 5? You'll have a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz radio in the hub and both will be set to the same SSID (network address) by default, your devices should be intelligent enough to work out which to connect to, but they different tolerances to interference etc... From other signals.

Some devices are really bad for it (MacBooks in particular), but I reckon it's this that's confusing it. Try logging into the hub (open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254, the card with the hub access key should have the admin code on it) and go to Advanced Settings then Wireless from the menu below. You should see three options (2.4GHz, 5GHz and WPS), click the 5GHz link and below there'll be options.

One should say "Synch with 2.4GHz", select No. The box below with the address (BTHubxxxxx...) of your wifi network, just add"-5GHz" to the end of it and click apply. You can keep the same key so if you wanted you could use it.

You should then be able to look for wifi networks on your devices and should see 2 addresses which are the same, but one with -5GHz. Make sure all your devices connect to either or (not all will work on 5GHz dependant on device). That should make sure they always connect to the same radio.

Hopefully it'll help, pm me on Facebook if not and will see what I can find.

FT

Cheers - we have done that :)