Why Is Snow In Usa Major News In Uk? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Is Snow In Usa Major News In Uk?

I understand they are saying it's the worst in 100 years. But it's not happening in this country, and other countires have it worse,

I might (just) understand if it was tagged on at the end of the news, but it was the major topic. What makes me question it even more is that the pictures they show are pretty insignificant when compared to what I've seen every so often in Dunkeld.

It is partly laziness, as it's so easy to access US news. But it's still their choice.

It's ridiculous that we get more coverage of US internal politics than we get of the EU parliament - a parliament we actually send MEPs to. But the state broadcaster rarely tells us what they are up to.

Ditto, the devolved parliaments (as reported outside their own territory). I would not be surprised if BBC in England gets more shots of Washington politics than inside Holyrood or Cardiff.

Ignoring the historical connections which are massive, the USA has had more impact on British culture than any other country through Film & Television, Inventions, Food and Shopping, Music, Sports etc

Silly question TBH

SA

It also used to be folk would say if a big snow storm hit the east coast of USA then we would get it 7-10 days later. Not so sure of that myself but older generations would swear by it

What folk are that? Previous generation would have no idea about east coast USA weather cos we didn't give a fck and it wasn't reported.

SA

What folk are that? Previous generation would have no idea about east coast USA weather cos we didn't give a fck and it wasn't reported.

Whether - no pun intended - it's true or not, it's certainly something that I've heard said before on many occasions.

No idea don't watch the news. My friend is in NY though so got real time updates if needed.

I did take time to watch a 12 second long 24 hour timelapse of someones garden filling with snow, was alright. Not going to pay a TV license to get patronised though.

No idea don't watch the news. My friend is in NY though so got real time updates if needed.

I did take time to watch a 12 second long 24 hour timelapse of someones garden filling with snow, was alright. Not going to pay a TV license to get patronised though.

I don't pay the TV licence either but the same is happening on the internet.

I don't pay the TV licence either but the same is happening on the internet.

Good to hear :ok: What's happening though? I just said "Not going to pay a TV license to get patronised though." and i'm not. It's only here and a friend's facebook (who is trapped in NYC till tomorrow earliest) where i've seen it mentioned.

I'm oblivious otherwise.

SA

It was reported in weather reports years ago. When I was growing up I would hear it all the time. Maybe it was a west coast thing